Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s a pic of the modular bumper in real photos. Looks similar to stock but better. Wish it included body color tow hooks as pictured here:

1605485449044.jpeg
So can we add a winch to this? The ends don't come off..? No brush guard?
I think I might stick with the modular bumper. But driving lights would be super nice.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So can we add a winch to this? The ends don't come off..? No brush guard?
I think I might stick with the modular bumper. But driving lights would be super nice.
I am kinda thinking stay with the capable on our BD. If I want to add a winch just get a aftermarket bumper and the car is prewired for fog lights.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought I read the winch package does not work with the “capable” bumper, which makes you wonder what it is “capable” of? 🤷‍♂️

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

junk pretty much

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, the capable bumper uses the same winch mount that the module bumper does (At least that's what Bronco Nation said).
You are gaining fog lights, and I believe losing the ability to take off the end caps.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't really like the look, I'm sticking with the modular. I can add fog lights

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't really like the look, I'm sticking with the modular. I can add fog lights
You know, if it was just about the fog lights it'd be one thing. But Ford has decided to screw everybody and not include the wiring or the switch.

Sure you can use the auxiliary switches to wire up fog lights, but having it all integrated into the headlights and whatnot is a nice feature. No reason for needed to penny pinch and could have easily included a dangling plug and a fog light switch.

My biggest thing, is I would really like to have the underbody protection, which can't be had unless you buy the HD bumper which I think is worthless (because the winch set up sucks).

I just want the under skid plates what should have nothing to do with the front bumper requirements.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the capable bumper stick out more? It would be nice to have a bumper that isn't so flush with grill for potential protection.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, the capable bumper uses the same winch mount that the module bumper does (At least that's what Bronco Nation said).
That was speculated, because it looks to be the case, but Bronco Nation says no. Or at least, they don't say yes.
You are gaining fog lights, and I believe losing the ability to take off the end caps.
Correct. You also lose mounting points.

It's a steel bumper with fog lights. That's it.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know, if it was just about the fog lights it'd be one thing. But Ford has decided to screw everybody and not include the wiring or the switch.

Sure you can use the auxiliary switches to wire up fog lights, but having it all integrated into the headlights and whatnot is a nice feature. No reason for needed to penny pinch and could have easily included a dangling plug and a fog light switch.

My biggest thing, is I would really like to have the underbody protection, which can't be had unless you buy the HD bumper which I think is worthless (because the winch set up sucks).

I just want the under skid plates what should have nothing to do with the front bumper requirements.
Not really a new decision on the fog light wiring/switch. Everything has been like that since they decided to integrate fog lights.

Winch on the modular bumper looks bad enough I don't really care, I would rather go aftermarket for less $$.

Last edited:

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that's true, at least for the 2022 Badlands trim.

If you read the official ordering guide, at least for the Badlands, under standard feature it says, "full steel bash plates".

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📒-2022-bronco-price-list-and-order-guide-released.25011/

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something wrong in the B & P most likely. The description says for use with a winch.

Ford Bronco What's the Capable bumper? 982AE780-8050-4959-A74A-B05A81E60DF1
where did you find this option i go to build your 2022 and i can't find this anywhere.