Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Bronco Badlands 2-Door that will be living outside for extended periods during the summer days. I plan on taking the hardtop off for the summer and do not want to buy a soft-top. I am looking for a car cover I can use to cover just the hard top area. I have seen posts describing covers similar to what I am looking for referring to covers by third parties that have made Jeep covers and are working on a cover for a Bronco. Does anyone know if there is one in production yet or does anyone have any recommendations? I have seen posts referring to the Ford cover, which looks like it is only for 4 doors and a Besttop cover made for Jeeps.

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated!

03FF3EEE-808E-4ACD-89F3-CC162C9FEF5A.jpeg

352707E3-F6B5-4E44-A82B-759AE7CDEB7B.png
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the two door version from ford accessories. Made by coverking. Seems like decent quality but I’m only using it if I get caught out in the rain without my top on. I’m not sure it would be a great idea for outdoor storage though.

OP
OP
Feldgen

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that Part No: VM2DZ19A412D. Isn’t that a full body cover? I am looking for a partial cover of only from the windshield back to the tailgate (I am sure there is a term for this - tonneau or maybe some other term). Like your intended use, I only really need it for rain cover when the top is off.

6C2169E6-2ABD-4339-B000-BE2E26E5F6FF.jpeg

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thought I read on the forum at some point that someone tried that cover from Ford and it was not water proof. Rain apparently went right through it into the interior.

I too would be interested interested in some type of cover for when the hardtop is off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Feldgen

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at Broncover, but it appears they only make 4-door versions and they are sold out anyway.

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine is going to live outside a lot too. When I was thinking about covers I figured if I am going to go to the effort to put one on, it might as well be a cover that does the whole vehicle, not just the cab area.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

why would you buy a cover for storage? Would take less time to put the hard top back on than one of those covers, and no worries about weather.

OP
OP
Feldgen

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not interested in a full car cover. I just want a cockpit cover to keep rain out during the summer and not have to put the top on every time the car is parked outside. I ended up purchasing the Ford cockpit cover (stealership matched an online price) and will use Fordpass points. I will treat the polyester cover with 3M. I also bought a Gearshade Bimini. Until a better cockpit cover solution comes out, I believe this is the best solution for my needs. I will repost my experience with the Ford cockpit cover after the first rain storm! 🤞

Sponsored

Keeks2915

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT, 1980 Jimmy plus some vettes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What 3M product have you had success with to help waterproof this cover? Thanks in advance.

NOLABronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Custom Modified Antimatter Blue '21 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bought the Ford cockpit cover and my interior was soaked. Hard Pass. Watching this thread to learn of a reliable alternative.

To Ford: Why the heck would you even make a cover if it’s not waterproof?? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
Feldgen

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I coated it with a couple of cans of Scotchgard outdoor water proof spray. It now repels water. It does pool water on the top without any support but after installing a Bimini top, that isn’t as much of a problem. I don’t leave it on full time outside, but do leave it on if a storm is expected so I don’t have to rush and put the hardtop back on.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keeping a tarp rolled up on-board until a reliable, proven, fairly priced waterproof solution is available.
Sponsored