Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning on not having the dealer clean my Bronco then doing the wash claybar and adding one of those graphene sealers myself. I don't care to do a paint correction and honestly had a bad experience with an orbital buffer and my Trans Am in my youth so I do everything by hand anyways. With all that said with all these graphene products what would be the under $100 go to product?
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. I’m trying to understand the various brands and how much value you get with the more expensive products on a white vehicle.
appreciate OP’s sharing

Last edited:

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on a partial vehicle wrap. Does ceramic coating, done professionally, go on top of the vinyl wrap? Will ceramic coating work as well and last as long when on top of a vinyl wrap?

OP
OP

Pocketsand007

Wildtrak
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was planning on not having the dealer clean my Bronco then doing the wash claybar and adding one of those graphene sealers myself. I don't care to do a paint correction and honestly had a bad experience with an orbital buffer and my Trans Am in my youth so I do everything by hand anyways. With all that said with all these graphene products what would be the under $100 go to product?
It all kind of depends on how many defects there are on the car when it’s unloaded. If you are looking to do everything by hand And want a good “bang for your buck” ceramic product I’d go with Hydrosilex. It last longer than anything off of a Napa shelf and you get A good shine and protected surface.

OP
OP

Pocketsand007

Wildtrak
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Following. I’m trying to understand the various products and how much value you get with the more expensive products on a white vehicle.
appreciate OP’s sharing
Thanks for following and I appreciate the compliment! There are 2 different products when I come to ceramic coatings. There consumer grade, which is something you can just grab off the shelf. Then you have professional grade which is product only a certified tech can install. Ceramic pro (the product I work with) help create a long lasting barrier to protect your paint from mud and dirt, it makes the surface super smooth and there’s less friction, it makes the car hydrophobic (water doesn’t stick your car easily), protects the paint from UV rays, and makes washing you car easier (tat and road grim doesn’t stick to the surface that well). Your white vehicle will be really shiny but it might not be as shiny as say a black or darker colored vehicle. You’d primarily get Ceramic pro on a white vehicle to get those protective properties.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pocketsand007

Wildtrak
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan on a partial vehicle wrap. Does ceramic coating, done professionally, go on top of the vinyl wrap? Will ceramic coating work as well and last as long when on top of a vinyl wrap?
Depends on what product you use. I know ceramic pro makes a specific coating called ppf and vinyl. That coating is made specifically for wraps vinyls.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Pocketsand007

Hi Ian

My Bronco is on a train en route and I am reading about rail dust. Based on what I’m seeing this is not something the dealer takes ownership of to remove. And it’s
Easier to remove if the dealer leaves the car alone, no detailing. Are those statements correct?
In the Link below the person mentions using a Rust remover? I didn’t see mentioned in your comments. Do you recommend this and if yes what type/brand should I purchase?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/đź› -1-3-22-build-week-group.27813/post-1192079

OP
OP

Pocketsand007

Wildtrak
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Pocketsand007

Hi Ian

My Bronco is on a train en route and I am reading about rail dust. Based on what I’m seeing this is not something the dealer takes ownership of to remove. And it’s
Easier to remove if the dealer leaves the car alone, no detailing. Are those statements correct?
In the Link below the person mentions using a Rust remover? I didn’t see mentioned in your comments. Do you recommend this and if yes what type/brand should I purchase?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/đź› -1-3-22-build-week-group.27813/post-1192079
Thanks for commenting! Yes a iron remover is something that I would recommend! It is a pivotal chemical that use during my prep phase with all vehicles. As far as what brand you should get really depends on how much you want to spend. My recommendation would be carpro ironx. It is simple yet super effective at releasing the iron spots! When using iron remover spray it on the exterior of the vehicle and let it dwell (sit) for a few minutes then spray it off. To answer your other question for me, because of my line of work, I prefer if the dealerships recon team doesn’t touch the cars exterior. They will likely cause more harm then good.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What product should I use to clean and protect the upper door seal on the outside of the door on a 22 Bronco? It has a rubber texture and I would like to coat it just not sure if a plastic coating will work or if I can use a regular paint coating on it? Also what are you using on the hardtops for a coating?
Sponsored