Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What would be the best approach to changing the interior dash and trim colors on a Bronco? I currently have the standard black/gray, but am interested in the sandstone, tan, or roast available on other trims. Dyeing or painting them probably won't do the trick going from a dark to light color.

I've noticed some people get extra material from Katzkin to cover the center armrest, I'm wondering if that same concept can be applied to the door trim and dash.
Sponsored

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll have sandstone/ tan to sell at the end of the month. My WT is getting Katzkin and also ordered roast dash to swap out.
There’s a thread on here within the last week or so asking the same.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rid-of-the-sandstone-dash-and-interior.65900/
I read that thread previously, most replies are people telling OP the interior isn't that bad lol.

I'd love to find someone to trade, but unless they're close by I imagine shipping a piece that large would be tough.

edit: I just realized you're the commentor who mentioned buying the roast dash. Mind sharing the part number? And did you also order the matching door trim pieces?

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haha yeah I’m that guy. And yes, most people just say to pick a different model if you don’t like the color options. 🤦🏼‍♂️

So the guys doing my Katzkin sorted it out for me by just talking to a ford parts counter guy. I didn’t get the part numbers from him unfortunately but it did make it clear that a ford parts guy can achieve it with a little patience.

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am looking to do the same things - I get Katzkin seats this week — just painted the hardtop and now I need to get rid of the sandstone, blue accents and the blue/black leather. Very interested to hear/see what you are doing.

Sponsored

lando88

Outer Banks
First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d be interested in buying your dash and trim pieces! Just let me know

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d be interested in buying your dash and trim pieces! Just let me know
Bronco is scheduled for 4/3 as of now, but when it comes in I'd love to do a full swap of dash, grab handles, door trim, and seat covers if you have a 2 door with cloth seats (any color but the black really).

The only trouble I'm thinking of is how to swap the dash if you're not in the Florida area, can't imagine shipping would be that easy.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am getting ready to do Katzkins as well. You can order extra material from them to do your door panels, dash, whatever. Also they have a lot of colors so a lot of directions you can go. I might go with a black/olive green combo for my eruption green 2 door. Also getting steering wheel cover, armrest cover and shifter boot from redline goods. They will take the material you get from Katzkins to make an exact match.

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am getting ready to do Katzkins as well. You can order extra material from them to do your door panels, dash, whatever. Also they have a lot of colors so a lot of directions you can go. I might go with a black/olive green combo for my eruption green 2 door. Also getting steering wheel cover, armrest cover and shifter boot from redline goods. They will take the material you get from Katzkins to make an exact match.
That olive green color is amazing! I have a Rivian coming in a few weeks that has that in it and am stoked!

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That olive green color is amazing! I have a Rivian coming in a few weeks that has that in it and am stoked!
that rivian interior is amazing. I am really trying to figure out how to custom make a dash for the bronco that has the same wood look as the rivian. I think it would look killer in the bronco. I briefly had a rivian on order then gave up lol.

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that rivian interior is amazing. I am really trying to figure out how to custom make a dash for the bronco that has the same wood look as the rivian. I think it would look killer in the bronco. I briefly had a rivian on order then gave up lol.
Yeah I just passed my 2 year mark on the Rivian order and just got my notice that the time is here. Arrives in Utah on Sunday and then the service center needs it for a week or so to get it prepped for me.

I debated doing olive in my Bronco but it seemed lame to have to vehicles trying to go for the same interior look when it’s a unique one like that.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I just passed my 2 year mark on the Rivian order and just got my notice that the time is here. Arrives in Utah on Sunday and then the service center needs it for a week or so to get it prepped for me.

I debated doing olive in my Bronco but it seemed lame to have to vehicles trying to go for the same interior look when it’s a unique one like that.

good luck with the rivian.

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Caliboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Charger SRT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What would be the best approach to changing the interior dash and trim colors on a Bronco? I currently have the standard black/gray, but am interested in the sandstone, tan, or roast available on other trims. Dyeing or painting them probably won't do the trick going from a dark to light color.

I've noticed some people get extra material from Katzkin to cover the center armrest, I'm wondering if that same concept can be applied to the door trim and dash.
I just removed my sandstone dash from my 22 Wildtrak. It cost 300 to replace you can have at at a discount if you want it.

IMG_1977.jpeg
Sponsored