Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The multi-piece frame is for repair should it ever be damaged. The F-150 is the same. Raptors as well.
Sponsored

BroncoStorm

Badlands
First Name
Storm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greatly appreciate the measurements, this was my deciding factor between Squatch and keeping the BL as is. Just .5" isn't enough change in GC for me to add sasquatch. I'll stay 33's and upgrade to 34"s when they wear out.

Plus, getting the SAS package takes away .10mm of wheel travel limiting the suspension.

Cheers!

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was there on Sunday. Would have liked to have seen a 2dr since that’s what I’ve ordered. Overall I was underwhelmed with the badlands model. The FE was nice, but the soft tops don’t do them much favor IMO.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw the new Bronco (Saturday, April 24) at an event in the western suburbs of Chicago. Very impressed. In my opinion, Ford hit it out of the park .

My angle? I'm a long time owner of open top 4x4s since 1989 (Jeep and Land Rover). I did a lot of off-roading while living out west. Majority rocky trails rather than mud. And I'm mostly a utility buyer. Meaning, I buy items with key features that I will actually use. (I'm not an image or "just in case" or "use someday" buyer.)

There were two Broncos on display:

A) 4-door First Edition auto trans (Cactus Gray)

P1150973.JPG

B) 4-door Badlands manual trans (Area 51)
P1150951.JPG

Some info I collected:

1) **** The Sasquatch suspension provides a 1/2 inch lift over the Badlands.

I crawled underneath the Badlands and FE Sasquatch, and measured the vertical distance from the top of the rear axle tube, to the bottom of the vehicle frame. Here are the measurements:

FE Sasquatch = 6.5 inches
Badlands = 6.0 inches

I measured that way, because it provides accuracy, and cuts out other variables such as tire size differences. If someone can provide the same measurement for a base model, that would be great. Then we will have a more complete picture, in terms of suspension lift between the key versions, without all the other variables.

Here is a photo of me measuring. Don't go by the photo, the angle is off. The numbers above are the accurate measures.

P1150956.JPG

2) **** The manual shift lockout ring works well.

I had been concerned about having a lockout on the stick shift, after a not so good experience with a rental car. Happy to say - I now have no concern with the Bronco implementation. The lockout ring has a good feel, and pulls up smoothly. I shifted through the gears, in and out of Reverse and Crawl, with no problem.

P1150953.JPG

P1150954.JPG

3) **** Some stuff going on inside the frame.

The two main frame rails are not completely open, and have some supports or frame-within-a-frame stuff going on inside certain portions. (See arrow in photo below.) The frame rails appear to be several sections joined together with welds. Unlike my TJ frame having single piece hydroformed rails, and my CJ frames having two simple c-channels welded together. Regardless, overall the Bronco frame appears strong. The inside seems covered in a cosmoline-like substance, probably for rust prevention. Time will tell how well the frame holds up.

P1150959_arrows.jpg

4) **** 4-door cargo area size is a revelation.

I'm a 2-door guy, but from my perspective, the 4-door cargo area is large. I'm coming from smaller vehicles, including TJ/CJs with not much room behind the seat. Count me a fan of the 4-door cargo area.

P1150972.JPG

5) **** Side windows press into a groove when closed.

I pushed on the rubber gasket, where the top of the sides windows will contact, and underneath there is some supporting structure, that will make kind of a lip. Meaning the closed window will compress the gasket, and the underlying structure will create a mild groove for a tighter fit. Also, I asked the Ford rep (who had overall good knowledge based on my other questions), and he said yes, the windows drop down a slight amount automatically, when opening/closing. So it has that feature common to many newer vehicles.

P1150967.JPG

6) Cactus Gray was surprisingly nice in person.

This was a shocker to me. I don't generally care for greyish paint on vehicles. But it looked nice in person. Still not my color, but I can now see why some folks are ordering it. (Also my 21 year old son very much liked the Area 51 color, and I also thought it looked nice.)

P1150974-CactusGray.jpg

7) Fold down rear seats worked well.

Seat back has a largish lever for folding, rather than having to fiddle with a strap as in some of my other vehicles. And I didn't find the step up much of an issue, and the seat got close to flat. A generally good design in my opinion, given the body on frame design constraints.

P1150986.JPG

SUMMARY: Impressed and looking forward to seeing a 2-door in person and test driving. Informative event, nice reps, thanks Ford!
The pic of the rear seat folded down doesn't seem to have the height difference between the seat and rear cargo area. Is that an optical illusion or does this have some kind of riser accessory in the rear cargo area? I'm looking for a riser solution to make a flat floor over the rear seats.

Sponsored

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw the new Bronco (Saturday, April 24) at an event in the western suburbs of Chicago. Very impressed. In my opinion, Ford hit it out of the park .

My angle? I'm a long time owner of open top 4x4s since 1989 (Jeep and Land Rover). I did a lot of off-roading while living out west. Majority rocky trails rather than mud. And I'm mostly a utility buyer. Meaning, I buy items with key features that I will actually use. (I'm not an image or "just in case" or "use someday" buyer.)

P1150973.JPG

P1150951.JPG

Some info I collected:

I crawled underneath the Badlands and FE Sasquatch, and measured the vertical distance from the top of the rear axle tube, to the bottom of the vehicle frame. Here are the measurements:

Badlands = 6.0 inches

I measured that way, because it provides accuracy, and cuts out other variables such as tire size differences. If someone can provide the same measurement for a base model, that would be great. Then we will have a more complete picture, in terms of suspension lift between the key versions, without all the other variables.

Here is a photo of me measuring. Don't go by the photo, the angle is off. The numbers above are the accurate measures.

P1150956.JPG

I had been concerned about having a lockout on the stick shift, after a not so good experience with a rental car. Happy to say - I now have no concern with the Bronco implementation. The lockout ring has a good feel, and pulls up smoothly. I shifted through the gears, in and out of Reverse and Crawl, with no problem.

P1150953.JPG

P1150954.JPG

The two main frame rails are not completely open, and have some supports or frame-within-a-frame stuff going on inside certain portions. (See arrow in photo below.) The frame rails appear to be several sections joined together with welds. Unlike my TJ frame having single piece hydroformed rails, and my CJ frames having two simple c-channels welded together. Regardless, overall the Bronco frame appears strong. The inside seems covered in a cosmoline-like substance, probably for rust prevention. Time will tell how well the frame holds up.

P1150959_arrows.jpg

I'm a 2-door guy, but from my perspective, the 4-door cargo area is large. I'm coming from smaller vehicles, including TJ/CJs with not much room behind the seat. Count me a fan of the 4-door cargo area.

P1150972.JPG

I pushed on the rubber gasket, where the top of the sides windows will contact, and underneath there is some supporting structure, that will make kind of a lip. Meaning the closed window will compress the gasket, and the underlying structure will create a mild groove for a tighter fit. Also, I asked the Ford rep (who had overall good knowledge based on my other questions), and he said yes, the windows drop down a slight amount automatically, when opening/closing. So it has that feature common to many newer vehicles.

P1150967.JPG

This was a shocker to me. I don't generally care for greyish paint on vehicles. But it looked nice in person. Still not my color, but I can now see why some folks are ordering it. (Also my 21 year old son very much liked the Area 51 color, and I also thought it looked nice.)

P1150974-CactusGray.jpg

Seat back has a largish lever for folding, rather than having to fiddle with a strap as in some of my other vehicles. And I didn't find the step up much of an issue, and the seat got close to flat. A generally good design in my opinion, given the body on frame design constraints.

P1150986.JPG

SUMMARY: Impressed and looking forward to seeing a 2-door in person and test driving. Informative event, nice reps, thanks Ford!
Is that carpet in the back of the MGV seats?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The pic of the rear seat folded down doesn't seem to have the height difference between the seat and rear cargo area. Is that an optical illusion or does this have some kind of riser accessory in the rear cargo area? I'm looking for a riser solution to make a flat floor over the rear seats.
It's an illusion. The "step" is still there, it's just hidden because of the angle of the shot.

Ford Bronco Chicagoland Showing (Bronco = Awesome) + measured Sasquatch vs Badlands suspension height difference P1150986.JPG
Ford Bronco Chicagoland Showing (Bronco = Awesome) + measured Sasquatch vs Badlands suspension height difference P1150972.JPG

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is that carpet in the back of the MGV seats?
Yes. Apparently, water and dirt are not attracted to the back of rear seats. 😂

Kemoslobe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Chicagoland Showing (Bronco = Awesome) + measured Sasquatch vs Badlands suspension height difference P1150972.JPG

Some info I collected:

Badlands = 6.0 inches

Some info I collected:

Badlands = 6.0 inches

Great review and photos. Much appreciated. How do I find out about opportunities to see the Bronco near me (Near Philadelphia)?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. Apparently, water and dirt are not attracted to the back of rear seats. 😂
To be clear, no MGV in Chicago. All upgraded leather.

Worse is the rear cargo floor is carpet!!! So with the top down/windows out most of the time, no one figured you'll get mold and mildew all over???? How freakin' dumb is that. And if you put a mat OVER the carpet, it'll be much worse. MUCH.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To be clear, no MGV in Chicago. All upgraded leather.

Worse is the rear cargo floor is carpet!!! So with the top down/windows out most of the time, no one figured you'll get mold and mildew all over???? How freakin' dumb is that. And if you put a mat OVER the carpet, it'll be much worse. MUCH.
I opted not to get the headliner because I don’t want any carpet so that makes me feel better that’s it’s leather. Hoping the seats are ALL MGV in the BD.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I opted not to get the headliner because I don’t want any carpet so that makes me feel better that’s it’s leather. Hoping the seats are ALL MGV in the BD.
They are not. BD from Super Cel.

Ford Bronco Chicagoland Showing (Bronco = Awesome) + measured Sasquatch vs Badlands suspension height difference B02147E9-31AE-4B6E-ADEB-2891BF2C2C41

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The seats will be....just the seat backs and cargo floor I'm afraid are not. Someone at a show with the MGV's would have to tell us.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs