Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings. I have seen a few posts about this but I can’t find anything definitive.

I have a 2021 Bronco Badlands. It seems to have all the Sasquatch goodies like front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnect. It also sits up pretty high.

Is the only difference between what I have and a Sasquatch, the tires/wheels? Seems like I could just add Sasquatch tires and wheels, no?
Sponsored

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gear ratio is a big one of the factors. 4.27 vs 4.7.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Greetings. I have seen a few posts about this but I can’t find anything definitive.

I have a 2021 Bronco Badlands. It seems to have all the Sasquatch goodies like front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnect. It also sits up pretty high.

Is the only difference between what I have and a Sasquatch, the tires/wheels? Seems like I could just add Sasquatch tires and wheels, no?
No. I’m no @ZackDanger so I can’t pull the thread links up like he can but the suspension is not identical.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Only with the automatic. The manual is 4.7 either way. I tend to forget about this because an automatic wasn’t really an option for me.

Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessarily. My manual Badlands is also getting the 4.7 gearing.

Believe the Sas adds 10mm of uplift, removal of the crash bars, a different configuration / model of the Bilstein shocks, and slightly different coil-over springs to accommodate the unique weight combination.

[edit] Also the obvious 35” tires / wheels.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. I’m no @ZackDanger so I can’t pull the thread links up like he can but the suspension is not identical.
Differences between BL and Sas BL:

Gearing (on automatic)
Wider fender flares.
Rear bumper transition piece.
Tires
Wheels (wider wheels and different offset to better accommodate the 315 width tires)
Suspension (higher with different travel lengths to accommodate the larger diameter tires)

Suspension differences:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-2021-bronco-ride-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719

Can you put 35” tires on your stock BL? Yeah absolutely.

Will that make it comparable to the Sas’d version? Nope.

It really boils down to individual use case and financial decisions.

The reason you didn’t find a definitive answer is because it’s different for everyone.

Basically, Sas’ing the BL is an incredible deal if what you want is a Sasquatched Badlands.

If you don’t want a sasquatched badlands, maybe it’s a good deal for you… maybe it’s a terrible waste of money… depends… and I certainly can’t say without you answering more questions.

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Differences between BL and Sas BL:

Gearing (on automatic)
Wider fender flares.
Rear bumper transition piece.
Tires
Wheels (wider wheels to better accommodate the 315 width tires)
Suspension (higher with different travel lengths to accommodate the larger diameter tires)

Suspension differences:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ith-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/page-5#post-642288

Can you put 35” tires on your stock BL? Yeah absolutely.

Will that make it comparable to the Sas’d version? Nope.

It really boils down to individual use case and financial decisions.

The reason you didn’t find a definitive answer is because it’s different for everyone.

Basically, Sas’ing the BL is an incredible deal if what you want is a Sasquatched Badlands.

If you don’t want a sasquatched badlands, maybe it’s a good deal for you… maybe it’s a terrible waste of money… depends… and I certainly can’t say without you answering more questions.
You and @PREMiERdrum are the most knowledgeable forum members we have, Ford needs to trickle down a little profit to you two!
Thanks for the information

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone. Great info.

I do have the 4.70 gears.

The truck sits nice and high as it is. Was mostly just interested in adding 35s. Since the trails we ride get rutted pretty bad and having just a little extra footprint and clearance seems to really help with the Jeeps I ride with. All of them have 35x12.50s which I think is an ideal size for your typical trails.

I imagine my best bet is just get some aftermarket tires/wheels that are the same dimensions as the Sasquatch tires/wheels. Lockers front and rear were the important thing for me, suspension seems pretty adequate for what I am going to be using it for.

Thanks \m/

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage