Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of getting the Badlands with 33" AT tires as my daily driver.
Then buying a separate set of bead locks with MT tires to swap out when I want to go crazy off road.

I'm confused...
  1. If you configure a Badlands with a 2.7? and the 33" MT tires... The jump to Sasquatch is only $805.
    It seems like selecting Sasquatch on a badlands trim, only needs to add rims, tires and the 4.7 rear end.

Question:
    Is the lift & under-body armor the same on a squated and non-squated badlands?

2. If you configure a BL with a 2.7? and the 33" AT tires... The jump to Sasquatch is $2490.

Question:
    Does selecting 33" MT tires do more than just rims and tires?
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Lift IS different (between .4” and 1”, but no one knows for sure. I measured 1”). Armor is the same.
2) No other changes other than wheels and tires.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then buying a separate set of bead locks with MT tires to swap out when I want to go crazy off road.

I'm confused...
  1. If you configure a Badlands with a 2.7? and the 33" MT tires... The jump to Sasquatch is only $805.
    It seems like selecting Sasquatch on a badlands trim, only needs to add rims, tires and the 4.7 rear end.

Question:

2. If you configure a BL with a 2.7? and the 33" AT tires... The jump to Sasquatch is $2490.

Question:
Under-body armor I believe is the same.

The lift may be different. The documentation so far, and Ford’s own statements, suggest that Squatch is 10mm higher than BL... even though they both come with the position sensitive bilsteins. Preliminary intel looks like the actual shocks are different between BL and Squatch (The reservoirs are oriented opposite.)

Squatching the BL gets you:

+30mm Offset Wheels. (Needed to clear the wider 35” tire)
35” GY M/T Tires
4.7 Diff
Wider Fender Flares
Rear bumper transition piece for the wider flares
The apparent increased lift (may be springs, may be spacers, we don’t know for sure yet)

Selecting the 33” M/T on the BL is just the wheels (+55mm) and tires. But there’s 5 of each, so that price is actually pretty good for that type of upgrade. (just for clarification, the optional wheels are “beadlock capable” meaning they aren’t actually beadlocks until you add the additional beadlock kit)

If you really want the M/T tires, but don’t want 35’s, I say select the optional M/T on the BL. If you want 35” tires, squatch is a good deal.

If you want the standard BL and just want to swap out wheels and tires for specific use, then okay... Just make sure you get the correct offset for whatever width tire you are looking to run.

OP
OP
Cliff

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger, Thanks for the info!

The 33" MT's look like bead locked wheels but I suspect they are not. So I'll stick with the AT tires, and buy after market rims/tires for more hard core activities.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger, Thanks for the info!

The 33" MT's look like bead locked wheels but I suspect they are not. So I'll stick with the AT tires, and buy after market rims/tires for more hard core activities.
Those wheels are the same design as the Sasquatch wheels... just a different offset. They are beadlock “capable”... that’s a beauty ring that you can remove if it gets scuffed... or you want to change your look... and can be replaced with the actual beadlock kit from Ford Perfomance.

Also, you can order just the optional beadlock capable wheel on the badlands with the A/T tire for just a $975 (ish?) upgrade. But again, those are a +55mm offset, which is appropriate for the 285 width (33”) tires, but you’d need a +30mm offset if you want to run anything wider, like the 315 width (35”) tires.

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused...

Question:

Question:
35’s will fit on a badlands no problem, with the right offset such as fifteen52 wheels for example! the badlands to a Sasquatch is only wheels and tires, the Sasquatch has smaller 315 tires to. Not a true 35” tire.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The optional $995 US wheels can be had with the A/T tires, they are beadlock capable per a factory employee. If you want to run two sets, you can;

1. buy a set of normal wheels to which you then transfer your A/T tires and get the beadlock ring for the optional rims with the tires of your choice
or
2. get the standard wheels and A/T tires, then by a different beaklock capable wheel and tire. No sense in getting the extra cost beadlock wheel with the A/T if you are going to buy another beadlock wheel set later.

Choice 2. will probably save you some cash.

OP
OP
Cliff

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such good info!!! Thanks much!

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused...

Question:

Question:
I forgot, badlands has full under armour, Sasquatch wild track only the front. And different gearing, and wider flares that looks kind of weird.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35’s will fit on a badlands no problem, the badlands to a Sasquatch is only wheels and tires, the Sasquatch has smaller 315 tires to. Not a true 35” tire.
You’re conflating width with height...

A 315 width tire will fit on the BL assuming you have the correct offset wheel. A 315 width tire on the standard +55mm wheel will not fit and hit the upper control arm... you need the Sasquatch wheels or similar +30mm offset.

Yes, 315 tires are usually always considered a 35” class tire, but we need to be careful about specifics if people are already looking to swap things out.

$0.02

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm confused...

Question:

Question:
If I was paying for AT already, the cost to Squatch calculation becomes a whole different calculus. The $2500 is probably worth it, considering the cost of wheels and regearing .

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35’s will fit on a badlands no problem, the badlands to a Sasquatch is only wheels and tires, the Sasquatch has smaller 315 tires to. Not a true 35” tire.
At least some of what you say is completely false. There is a lift difference between Sasquatch and Badlands. I measured it. The shocks and springs are different. Different configuration and part numbers. Those are facts. Not sure what you made that up when you didn’t know.

To your other assertion that “35s will fit no problem”. It is also almost assuredly false, or false with some caveats. You probably need a different offset wheel, closer to Sasquatch to avoid rub. You also probably need a bit of a lift or bigger bump stops to stop the wheel from hitting during max up travel. There is a reason Sasquatch has bigger bump stops, more lift, and less offset than Badlands.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was paying for AT already, the cost to Squatch calculation becomes a whole different calculus. The $2500 is probably worth it, considering the cost of wheels and regearing .
This. Seems like the gearing in the sasquatch gets forgotten a lot. If you will ever considering going to 37s the gearing alone will be worth it. Bigger than that and you'd likely be looking at regearing again anyway so it might not make sense for sasquatch in my opinion.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This. Seems like the gearing in the sasquatch gets forgotten a lot. If you will ever considering going to 37s the gearing alone will be worth it. Bigger than that and you'd likely be looking at regearing again anyway so it might not make sense for sasquatch in my opinion.
True - if your plan is to lift 2-3” and go to 37’s then no to BL-Auto-Squatch.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least some of what you say is completely false. There is a lift difference between Sasquatch and Badlands. I measured it. The shocks and springs are different. Different configuration and part numbers. Those are facts. Not sure what you made that up when you didn’t know.

To your other assertion that “35s will fit no problem”. It is also almost assuredly false, or false with some caveats. You probably need a different offset wheel, closer to Sasquatch to avoid rub. You also probably need a bit of a lift or bigger bump stops to stop the wheel from hitting during max up travel. There is a reason Sasquatch has bigger bump stops, more lift, and less offset than Badlands.
Wow You know a lot about a vehicle that no one has yet, look at them both side by side there is hardly no difference only what bigger wheels and tires can make!, and I didn’t say use the factory wheel, you obviously need a different offset, I have the fifteen52 wheels ordered with 35” nittos, so we shall see, I will post pictures when I receive the bronco this summer, no need to get saucy to a compete stranger either, grow some manners.
Sponsored

Last edited: