First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice Eagle. I have looked at a couple for sale over the years, my concern was replacement parts. I suppose at some point you are forced to just substitute/retrofit anything that needs replacement with something more modern/easily available. Definitely unique and fun!
Replacement body work is my main issue, of which there is nearly none available aside from some hood and fenders. My next jobs to tackle on it are cowl and rocker replacement. I got a cowl cut from a junker for me on the eagles den. The rockers i may be replacing with rectangle tube to make rock rails like the cherokee guys do. But mechanically parts are available, the suspension is fairly plentiful and the drivetrain is standard amc/jeep stuff. The transfer cases are rare but many cases swap in that are superior and more available. Alot of interior bits and pieces are around as much as any car of the era.

If you look at em crawl under and inspect for rust in the unibody structures and around the rear windows. If the body and interior are complete it will be fine and dandy. Motor, transmission and rear axle problems are a non issue. Many eagle guys swap over the jeep cherokee powertrain anyway. I bought mine remotely from NYC and flew to ohio to pick it up at my buddys shop. He checked it over and i spent 3 days lifting it and running brakelines and puttig in a starter. Then we roadtripped it out west and put it on a boat. We did do some light wheeling in moab for a day though. 18 states in 13 days. Was a great trip. If anybody is interested jn eagles there i highly reccoment the AMC EAGLE DEN Forum.
Sponsored

sjaholic

Wildtrak
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 ford mainline 1962 ford falcon 1999 nissan pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not the biggest fan of a Bronco street rod either but I get why people do it. It's to be different. NOT gonna see another one like it. uh ….. maybe why it is called customizing. to each his own. Nothing burns my ASS more than people who build a FORD street rod with a CHEVY motor. They should be burned at the stake !! if your a chevy freak then build a chevy car not my problem you like the ford body better then the chevies.
They say but a ford motor is to expensive. my response is always then build a chevy car if can't afford a FORD motor. I always threaten my chevy freak buddies with putting a Windsor in camaro and stomp a mudhole in your SBC.

And now you now why I say if you want IFS BUY A FUCKING EXPLORER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bronco should have SFA. it is supposed to be made for the off roader not the mall crawler.

sorry for the rant but damn this shit is getting old.
I was gonna say '65
My 62
Ford Bronco Chip Foose does a first Gen Bronco E7F1E926-1096-447B-86C7-9BC276C42578

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VERY nice! I had a 65 for years and in that rendering the top of the fender just reminded of the contour of a 65, however on further reflection, I believe you're correct.
Sponsored