First gen=future collectible

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, Collectable FOR SURE! That's not even a question. Especially if you have a FE with low miles. Rare color combos and cheap vinyl stickers is what MOPAR fans wet their pants over!!!!

Now, if the question is "will they be worth more money then vs now." That is highly unlikely for all but the most special vehicles. VIN #rare-squared and things like that.

So, as investments go, 65+K wrapped up in a FE 6g, waste of money and waste of enjoyment time.
Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bring a trail https://bringatrailer.com/ (not responsible for lost hours if you click on the link) has made every and any low mileage beauty collectable. A way for us to relive our youth with a MK I VW Gti, S2000, or RX7.

RADWood has brought back the 80s & 90s and somehow made them cool. https://www.radwood.co/photo

So if you park your Bronco in a garage and only drive it on sunny days in twenty years who knows? Will we even be able to buy fuel to feed our ICE vehicles when they become outlawed in 15 years?

Ford Bronco First gen=future collectible 1610039678152

I'll be looking to pick up a gently used Singer to outrun the zombie hoard in the upcoming Road Warrior post-apocalyptic future. Save me some high octane.

Last edited:

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hopefully buying a 1st generation Bronco to drive off road a lot, so by the time I sell it the car will be well worn. No thoughts of collectible value. Also in, say 30 years, if I am lucky I will be 94...!

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buying a car as an investment a really bad strategy.
Not necessarily. But you need lots of capital and be very good at picking the right cars to invest in. Hagerty Insurance tracks an index of collectible cars and for the period from 2009 to 2019, the index grew over 500%. You also have places to store and maintain the vehicles. It's primarily a rich persons game.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Collectible!?

The 2021 MY will probably be the most avoided year to buy used for many many years to come. Especially for 4 door sasquatches that are magically going to be improved in 2022 for GVWR. Lack of equipment will also tarnish this model year when people are shopping for 21/22/23 MY in 5+ years from now. I think most still moving forward on their 2021 MY realize that, and its a trade-off for being a first adopter.

The vehicle will probably have lighter weight/ better GVWR, rear vents, tire options, optional power front seats on the 2 dr, MOD top colors, heritage package, etc etc between 2022-23.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
....I personally am still moving forward with the 2021 knowing this, because my build doesnt come with too many sacrifices. I will own for 10 years, and dont care much about resale. Edit: By own, I mean leasing for 6 months to make sure no glitches, and no major weight improvements for non-sas in 2022, then I'll buy myself out.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY21 Broncos are all "limited edition".... Meaning they are limited only in how many they can produce during the model year.

"collectable" just means what somebody will pay for it. And there's a sucker born every minute. Especially those suckers who believe mass-produced modern automobiles have a "collectors market".

Modern mass-produced automobiles are depreciating assets. Treat them like your girlfriend, don't keep it in perfect condition for the next guy. Cherish it, drive it, enjoy it, be it's best friend.... But most importantly:

• Never give it up
  • Never let it down
  • Never run around and desert it
  • Never make it cry
  • Never say goodbye
  • Never tell a lie and hurt it
This literally made my day. Thank you, Rick.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will be a collectible in 30 years since they will have outlawed ICE cars at that point. They will have located and confiscated them using FordPass and your registration. Or we will have exterminated ourselves due to ....yada, yada, yada... conspiracy theory.

No, they most likely won't be collectable. The First Editions aren't even special except for Lightning Blue and cheap vinyl graphics.
unnamed (1).jpg

But is it special? Is it?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know about collectable in the same way a high end pricy limited volume automobile is.

Desireable sure...all of these will have a desirable component just like every other bronco and mustang for that matter. There are people that even desire mustang II's and Bronco II's and make some cool stuff.

I think long term these Broncos will remain desirable. The high capability and odd/limited ones in VERY good shape will be collectable to some greater extent than just a desirable toy.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i think it's likely it will be an appreciated vehicle and therefore will likely hold its value, the way that jeeps do and FJ's do, for example. I think collectible may be too strong of a word.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
30 years from now, every manual will be a collectible.

*Turns on Rush Red Barchetta

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i think it's likely it will be an appreciated vehicle and therefore will likely hold its value, the way that jeeps do and FJ's do, for example. I think collectible may be too strong of a word.
I don't get why Jeeps hold their value.
I do get why Toyotas hold their value.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've had this same thought. In my opinion, one of the most desirable Bronco models in the future is going to be the 2-Door with a manual transmission and the Sasquatch package.

The manual take rate will be low enough to start with, but also adding Sasquatch will make it even more rare.

In 25 years, who knows how many standard vehicles will be available?
In a sea of EV's, a 2-Door Bronco with huge tires and a stick shift is going to be a hipster mobile.
Sponsored