Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Obviously, there will be no shortage of the First Generation of New Bronco - So no sense in sticking one in a storage shed to appreciate (like a Ford GT)
Hopefully, the next gen new ford Bronco, and the next next get new ford Bronco - will be small adjustments to the design.
** Because they got the design so RIGHT **
Ex: Like iterations of the 911. (except the 996)

Ok, that said - the First Gen of the New Ford Bronco
? Collectable ? in 30 years ??
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the end of the day, the '21 will likely be the smallest production run of this generation. That will likely be the only thing that differentiates it from others in the next decade.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With modern collectible cars, the most desirable model is often the best version of that car (probably the last model year). Look at the FJ Cruiser or Defender 90.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it might be highly sought after, but not a collectible. That’s assuming all the electronics don’t doom them to an early grave due to incompatibility or lack of replacement screens to even operate it.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
MY21 Broncos are all "limited edition".... Meaning they are limited only in how many they can produce during the model year.

"collectable" just means what somebody will pay for it. And there's a sucker born every minute. Especially those suckers who believe mass-produced modern automobiles have a "collectors market".

Modern mass-produced automobiles are depreciating assets. Treat them like your girlfriend, don't keep it in perfect condition for the next guy. Cherish it, drive it, enjoy it, be it's best friend.... But most importantly:

• Never give it up
  • Never let it down
  • Never run around and desert it
  • Never make it cry
  • Never say goodbye
  • Never tell a lie and hurt it

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With modern collectible cars, the most desirable model is often the best version of that car (probably the last model year). Look at the FJ Cruiser or Defender 90.
The '77 was definitely the most refined EB.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think they'll be *collectable*, but I could see it end up being the more desirable. As a generation model continues its lifecycle, typically, auto manufacturers look to cut cost and increase margins. It wouldn't surprise me if going forward in future model years, some options/upgrades are no longer available (MY22 might be an exception here), or are changed to something lesser.

Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look to the first generation for your answer. Then look at the quantity of those produced verses the 2021's. Short answer, not in our lifetime.
From 1966-1977 ford sold 225,585 first Gen Broncos. Ford may come close to hitting that number in the first year of production.

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if in 10 years you can no longer get a manual.
Or they give an ugly face lift.

I don't think either will happen.

Not sure what models / years of a comparable Jeep are sought after....

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be a collectible in 30 years since they will have outlawed ICE cars at that point. They will have located and confiscated them using FordPass and your registration. Or we will have exterminated ourselves due to ....yada, yada, yada... conspiracy theory.

No, they most likely won't be collectable. The First Editions aren't even special except for Lightning Blue and cheap vinyl graphics.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Collectable, to me, means an increase in value. To that, I say no. Absolutely not. Not even a mint First Edition with 1000 miles.

Bronco will not drop as fast as cars, just look at the FJ Cruiser and Wrangler, but as far as gaining value? Maybe, if ford only makes them for three years and then stops.

As i said in another post, the Bronco, i expect, is only going to improve over time. You are going to want a 2025 over a 2021.
Sponsored