M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Everyone,
Sorry if there are a million threads on this already (and if there are would be appreciative if someone can point me to one), but is there a cigarette to USB conversion kit out there for the rear power source (in the way back)? I hate using inverters and converters - would rather just swap it out.
Thanks.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone,
Sorry if there are a million threads on this already (and if there are would be appreciative if someone can point me to one), but is there a cigarette to USB conversion kit out there for the rear power source (in the way back)? I hate using inverters and converters - would rather just swap it out.
Thanks.
Well one way or another it has to get from 12V to 5V. If you're going to remove the socket and hide a connector behind the trim and flush mount something I recommend getting one that provides one USB-C port and one USB-A port. Personally I'd rather leave the 12V socket there and use an adapter. On my last ride I removed my USB adapter and plugged my camp battery in there for charging.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would that make it an e-cig?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've purchased two of these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0795DJXNH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are metal And what's more important, is they actually put out enough power to really charge (and charge multiple things). The thing you got to watch out for some of these USB adapters just do not put out enough amp.

The one downside is in my jeep, the cig lighters stay powered on all the time, and this little adapter has a glow to it so it pulls power. As a result I unplug it when I don't need it. But in the Bronco, sounds like they kill all the cigarette lighters at some point so you could leave this plugged in without issue.
Sponsored