BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco and 2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife's SYNC 4 will not connect wirelessly to her phone and is prompting her to connect through USB. Instead of doing typical TB herself she took the liberty to call me at work to inquire about it (basically to blame me for this current state of affair). Aside from updating the apps on her phone and SYNC4 with this kind of prompt popping up, doing a restart of her phone, are there any underlying issues you folks are experiencing with your SYNC4? Fixes? I have the basic 8" SYNC4 in my '21 F150 that I can no longer activate software updates (unable to toggle switch for over a year) and she has the 12" fully loaded system. Any advice?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It seems the issues with Sync4 are varied and endless.

If the Sync reboot and a phone reboot don’t fix it, the next step is to shut off the Bronco and restart it, then the step after that is disconnect the battery for a few minutes to hard reboot everything.

If you’ve went through all of that - next step is the dealer 😒

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went thru the same ordeal yesterday. Similar issue trying to use wireless CarPlay. Gave it up after 2 hrs. Did the soft and hard resets, rebooted phone to no avail. This morning went for a drive and everything worked. This is the first time I had this issue with mine. Aside the occasional lost connection or google map not loading as a full screen, mine had worked well. Sometimes I think updates to the phone or apps are pushed without notice and might trow the system off.

OP
OP
BigShan808

BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco and 2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went thru the same ordeal yesterday. Similar issue trying to use wireless CarPlay. Gave it up after 2 hrs. Did the soft and hard resets, rebooted phone to no avail. This morning went for a drive and everything worked. This is the first time I had this issue with mine. Aside the occasional lost connection or google map not loading as a full screen, mine had worked well. Sometimes I think updates to the phone or apps are pushed without notice and might trow the system off.
She was able to get it to work. What she did, she doesn't even know. Last week she had an OTA update so I'm pretty sure that had a lot to do with it.
Sponsored