Sponsored

What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider?

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just received my SiriusXM offer in the mail. Free trial ends in January. A couple of bucks for 3 more months, then $23/month thereafter, which I understand I should be able to talk them down from.

But, this begs a broader question: What features in the Bronco infotainment system require ongoing subscriptions?

Obviously, SiriusXM does. What service(s) give you navigation? Wifi hotspot? Any other pay-to-play features?

I'm not impressed with the built-in navigation as compared to Google Maps on my phone via Android Auto, so I won't pay for that one. I just need to determine what infotainment features I want to keep based on its value to me and the cost.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just received my SiriusXM offer in the mail. Free trial ends in January. A couple of bucks for 3 more months, then $23/month thereafter, which I understand I should be able to talk them down from.

But, this begs a broader question: What features in the Bronco infotainment system require ongoing subscriptions?

Obviously, SiriusXM does. What service(s) give you navigation? Wifi hotspot? Any other pay-to-play features?

I'm not impressed with the built-in navigation as compared to Google Maps on my phone via Android Auto, so I won't pay for that one. I just need to determine what infotainment features I want to keep based on its value to me and the cost.

Thanks!
The built in nav is free until 2026. (I checked). And while it isn't great with live updates, it IS infinitely nicer on the ears than Google Maps on Android Auto. I did a road trip and used both and it bothered the shit out of me. Not to mention being able to use the split screen option with Spotify and Nav is doable when you use Ford nav.

Also, I think that's the only automatic subscription. You can do the wifi hotspot, but that's the only other I know of.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The built in nav is free until 2026. (I checked). And while it isn't great with live updates, it IS infinitely nicer on the ears than Google Maps on Android Auto. I did a road trip and used both and it bothered the shit out of me. Not to mention being able to use the split screen option with Spotify and Nav is doable when you use Ford nav.

Also, I think that's the only automatic subscription. You can do the wifi hotspot, but that's the only other I know of.
Does Ford Pass require any subscriptions?

On some of my past vehicles the phone app was only free for XX years. I’ve never owned a Ford, so just curious. I think the remote start feature from the app is likely my biggest concern.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does Ford Pass require any subscriptions?

On some of my past vehicles the phone app was only free for XX years. I’ve never owned a Ford, so just curious. I think the remote start feature from the app is likely my biggest concern.
To my understanding, it is free and standard with any newer, compatible vehicle.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To my understanding, it is free and standard with any newer, compatible vehicle.
Good to know; thank you.

I guess it’s the least Ford could do for all the information they gather from us when using it…

Last edited:

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm unsure about FordPass Connected. My FordPass app and the owner website indicates my Ford Connected Nav expires in January, and I think there is a $79/yr subscription for that which I found referenced by many other Sync4 owners in 2021 F-150s. My hope is that either includes or for very little money also gives me FordPass Perfomance Off-Road NAV. Either way, I'm renewing that.

SiriusXM I had written off for streaming, that is until I was out in the desert camping and blasting howard stern. So yeah, I guess I'm in for that too.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to enable the wireless hotspot (uses the fordpass modem) that will cost you a subscription fee, but other than SirusXM (which offers no value for me) I don't think there's anything else?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to enable the wireless hotspot (uses the fordpass modem) that will cost you a subscription fee, but other than SirusXM (which offers no value for me) I don't think there's anything else?
From what I understand, it's a bargain (with regards to Canadian data prices!) at $20 unlimited.
I was able to start a free trial with (I think it's ATT) from up here in Ontario, using a fake US address, and it works on our network.
I will definitely use then when I travel south!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's what I'm seeing at owner.ford.com under "Connected services":

Ford Bronco What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider? 1636907929555

It won't let me make any adjustments or apply a credit card to this until it expires it seems.

So then the full list of subscriptions could be:

FordPass Connected Navigation
FordPass Performance (hopefully this included in the above)
4G Wifi HotSpot
SiriusXM

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was an long time subscriber of Sirius, signed up for it the day they announced it, and loved it.

But their programming has gone so far to awful anymore that I haven't had it for probably 7 years now.
Spotify/Pandora/whatever for life now. Sirius does have the advantage of working everywhere, but I just keep a bunch of playlists cached on my phone anymore anyways.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong and the programming has gotten some variety now, so by all means take the free trial and see what you think.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spotify/Pandora/whatever for life now. Sirius does have the advantage of working everywhere, but I just keep a bunch of playlists cached on my phone anymore anyways.
Wireless Android Auto/Carplay makes Spotify a no-brainer for me. I tried SiriusXM the first day I had my Bronco and got bored of the limited music selection, I think they're just riding Howard Stern's popularity over anything else.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually opted for the more expensive built-in navigation, so that it will continue to work even after the subscription is over.

Ironically Ford talked about having Alexa built in as well, which I would imagine would need some sort of data plan. But I don't know, I'm confused about the whole thing because what Ford is promised and what they're delivering hasn't been consistent.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks!
Spotify, great service and sound quality.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spotify, great service and sound quality.
Yes, I have Spotify and use it on my phone. One reason I probably don't need SirusXM. Plays well on Android Auto!

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Good to know nav is free until 2026. Google Maps doesn't bother me any. I've been using it on my phone to navigate for years. And Android Auto can split screen with the other apps, like audio, for instance.
Sponsored