Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At one point, there was supposed to be a "High Level Instrument Panel." I can't recall if it was to come with Badlands and higher trims or the Lux package, but I do remember seeing that in the build and price and wondering exactly what that meant.

An early rendering of the IP suggests designers were thinking of a full digital instrument panel with a classic-looking analog style speedometer:
FordBronco_IP_Sketch.jpg
Yup, it was supposed to be tied to the Lux package originally. I'm crossing my fingers they do a facelift for 2025 where the all digital dash from the Raptor/China Broncos becomes standard and then it can be retrofitted into 21-24 models by buying all the parts.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, it was supposed to be tied to the Lux package originally. I'm crossing my fingers they do a facelift for 2025 where the all digital dash from the Raptor/China Broncos becomes standard and then it can be retrofitted into 21-24 models by buying all the parts.
Me too. Full digital dash allows for fun upgrades like this.

if Ford offered a retrofit kit from the Chinese Bronco I’d snag it

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The instrument panel designer called in sick that day. So, they had the two women who designed the interiors do the gauge cluster. The Gen X one added the analog speedo. The Millennial one added the digital stuff. Neither was familiar with oil pressure gauges.
Dammit Missy!!!

For you newbies that have no clue who that is, here you go ...

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll ruffle some feathers here but the Gen 1 Bronco gauges sucked far worse than Gen 6 and I want nothing to do with them.
Yeah Furd!!!
Where it at?!?
Stoopid-ass injuneer specs a digital tach...nobody in their right mind ever wanted a stoopid-ass digital tac.
And double honking when shutting the door?!?
WhoTF comes up with this shit?!?
Nobody ever accused me of being in my right mind. I prefer digital and I even got a digital cluster for my 66.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dammit Missy!!!

For you newbies that have no clue who that is, here you go ...

Laughing at the color names! Molten Metal, Anodized Bronze... Lady those are both plastic parts.

Designers crack me up with the whole "new black color every year" thing.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
The largest interior negative for me is the convoluted instrument cluster. I like nothing about it.
The Raptor introduced a reasonable instrument cluster that all models should have.
A digital version of the original instrument cluster would have been well received.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll ruffle some feathers here but the Gen 1 Bronco gauges sucked far worse than Gen 6 and I want nothing to do with them.
Nobody ever accused me of being in my right mind. I prefer digital and I even got a digital cluster for my 66.
You are right of course - especially the lack of a tach - but there is plenty of digital space to fix that problem.

I like the throwback idea / believe that was what Ford was attempting but was not obvious enough. Would rather it break with the 66 and use the dial for a tach and have speed on the digital panel.

I also think the entire panel should go digital so views can be programmed.

JEMSA

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 82 F350, 91 MX5, 93 MX5, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 1970 cluster is barely visible at night, can’t say I look at it much after all these years.

If I were to change my 6th gen, would switch the analog Speedo to an analog tach.

Sponsored
OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Panda Motorworks does sell a plug and play kit to install the Braptor instrument cluster into the non-braptor broncos.

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/pro...-plug-n-play-full-digital-dash-conversion-kit
That option isn't ideal, given the difference between Raptor GOAT modes and the target vehicle's GOAT modes. In my case, I would lose the ability to see when I'm in Eco or Mud/Ruts. At $2,600, I would want a more seamless experience. Not blaming Panda, I get it's just a by-product of trying to shoehorn a product meant for one vehicle into another.

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You just have to think of the Gen1 as inspiration, not necessarily an exact copy. Much the same way the retro Mustang cluster has modern items added.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish my Bronco BD came w/the Full Display that includes a Standard Tachometer.

Last edited:

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That option isn't ideal, given the difference between Raptor GOAT modes and the target vehicle's GOAT modes. In my case, I would lose the ability to see when I'm in Eco or Mud/Ruts. At $2,600, I would want a more seamless experience. Not blaming Panda, I get it's just a by-product of trying to shoehorn a product meant for one vehicle into another.
Echoing all this. It’s a cool idea but impacts the functionality. Plus your OTA updates will get all sorts of screwed up

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah Furd!!!
Where it at?!?
Stoopid-ass injuneer specs a digital tach...nobody in their right mind ever wanted a stoopid-ass digital tac.
And double honking when shutting the door?!?
WhoTF comes up with this shit?!?
I couldn't have said it better. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored