First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I actually really like the wild track digital camo cloth seats but my main concern is the cloth will get too dirty too quickly I've only had leather in my cars so I was wondering if anyone's had this type of cloth seat and what their experience with with keeping them clean? Thanks in advance!
My thought is get the cloth with a cool digital camo and if they get too dirty just get them reupholstered.
Sponsored

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't owned an off road vehicle before so I can't comment on the potential amount of mud and sand you'll encounter in the bronco on trail.

but I have only ever owned vehicles with cloth seats.

most recently a mazda 3 2010 sedan. In short, I would recommend you get some seat covers. Cloth is . . . very absorbent. If you get in the car with mud on you, or if mud gets in the car, you'll need to clean it out pretty quickly to try and avoid staining the seats.

It's easy to ignore non-staining liquids, like if you spill coffee on a black cloth seat. Or if you get in your bronco shirtless and sweaty after a workout or something. Those cloth seats are sucking up all that moisture. Mold can be an issue here, especially if you aren't proactive about cleaning your upholstery (I admit I am not great with this).

Just save yourself the hassle and go for seat covers straight away. I'm sure aftermarket will eventually provide tons of cool color and material options.

Another tip - you can also go the cheap-o route and just use beach towels to protect your seats when needed. Keep some in the vehicle and put them over the seat when you're sweaty or when you'll be off roading.

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't owned an off road vehicle before so I can't comment on the potential amount of mud and sand you'll encounter in the bronco on trail.

but I have only ever owned vehicles with cloth seats.

most recently a mazda 3 2010 sedan. In short, I would recommend you get some seat covers. Cloth is . . . very absorbent. If you get in the car with mud on you, or if mud gets in the car, you'll need to clean it out pretty quickly to try and avoid staining the seats.

It's easy to ignore non-staining liquids, like if you spill coffee on a black cloth seat. Or if you get in your bronco shirtless and sweaty after a workout or something. Those cloth seats are sucking up all that moisture. Mold can be an issue here, especially if you aren't proactive about cleaning your upholstery (I admit I am not great with this).

Just save yourself the hassle and go for seat covers straight away. I'm sure aftermarket will eventually provide tons of cool color and material options.

Another tip - you can also go the cheap-o route and just use beach towels to protect your seats when needed. Keep some in the vehicle and put them over the seat when you're sweaty or when you'll be off roading.
Super helpful, thank you! Make me definitely lean towards the marine grade vinyl! Really appreciate the input!

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2016 F150 has cloth & mesh seats. They're just as comfortable as most seats. However, I wouldn't go cloth if you're planning on taking the roof off and getting dirty. If it rains, it will take forever to dry. Marine grade vinyl makes the most sense to me if you're planning on going off road or get caught in the rain.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I actually really like the wild track digital camo cloth seats but my main concern is the cloth will get too dirty too quickly I've only had leather in my cars so I was wondering if anyone's had this type of cloth seat and what their experience with with keeping them clean? Thanks in advance!
My thought is get the cloth with a cool digital camo and if they get too dirty just get them reupholstered.
Have cloth seat on the Jeep, had the same concern so added Bartact seat covers. They have held up great.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have alcantra seats with leather trim in my STi and they look pretty good, but are really partial to staining, cigar burns lol but they still look decent after 10 years. Leather holds up better but I’m getting a base with cloth seats and probably some wet okole seat covers

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a 2012 Jeep JKU with dark gray cloth. In general, it was fine. A few drawbacks were:
1. If it gets rained in, it will saturate the cloth seats.
2. The charcoal gray/black and noticeably sun faded after 4 years of use in the South Eastern sun.
3. My kids laid a ring pop on one of the back seats, and the sun melted it into the cloth. It became one, and there was no removing it.

When I bought another Jeep, I went with the leather. It was more durable, more hot if you went topless, and didn't soak up the rain if it got rained in.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The seats are camo so you won’t be able to see the dirt anyways ???. Seriously though, I actually prefer cloth to leather. Cloth has always seemed more durable to me (seen lots of cracked and wrinkled leather seats) and it doesn’t get hot. I’ve had no problems with stains on black cloth interiors and I have two kids constantly spilling stuff. With that said, none of my experiences are based on a vehicle with a removable roof.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you go cloth seats with seat covers, make sure you get a good quality cover. I had a cheap auto store seat cover on one of my vehicles to protect the seats from sand and dirt at the beach and when I went to take them off when I sold the car they completely ruined the seats. The fabric color apparently leaked through the cover onto the seat itself and stained it so bad that even a professional upholstery cleaner didn’t get it out. So choose your seat cover wisely

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have cloth seats in my F-150. I have a few spots that I can't get out. And I had to get a driver seat seat cover because I'm dirty a lot and would really mess the seat up if it wasn't covered.

So I'm getting vinyl in the Bronco. I'll be going more off-road with it, and with the top off. I think cloth seats would get really messed up on a bronco that goes off-road or goes topless.

Sponsored

splatrd

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought a 2017 Silverado with cloth seats, and within 2 months it was showing dirt badly. Not easily cleaned either, dirt seems to get trapped in the open weave of the fabric. I ended up buying and installing a custom set of leather seat covers from Leatherseats.com, and added heat at same time. After a year and a half of daily driving, they still look great. Seeing as Ford is penalizing those that want manual transmissions, I may have to do the same with Bronco. However, I am still very much on the fence of going thru with my reservation now.

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a 2017 Silverado with cloth seats, and within 2 months it was showing dirt badly. Not easily cleaned either, dirt seems to get trapped in the open weave of the fabric. I ended up buying and installing a custom set of leather seat covers from Leatherseats.com, and added heat at same time. After a year and a half of daily driving, they still look great. Seeing as Ford is penalizing those that want manual transmissions, I may have to do the same with Bronco. However, I am still very much on the fence of going thru with my reservation now.
Thanks for the great information! Yeah I was worried that the cloth would show it easy. I just love the cloth option camo on the wild track!
When did you place your reservation?

splatrd

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the great information! Yeah I was worried that the cloth would show it easy. I just love the cloth option camo on the wild track!
When did you place your reservation?
I have a July 16 reservation date. So I was fairly early in the group. Just don't like how Ford is limiting options for manuals.

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a July 16 reservation date. So I was fairly early in the group. Just don't like how Ford is limiting options for manuals.
Yeah they really are limiting it. I kinda understand though. From the numbers they released it's around only 10 or less of the total reservation on the 2.3 engine so even lower total. But it does seem strange to say it is an option but then limit it so dramatically.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMO I never thought interior materials or rather upgraded interiors, i.e upgrading to leather, vinyl, pleather etc were worth it.
Then I purchased my first vehicle with a cloth interior, and first time I spilled my coffee I immediately regretted it.
Personally, this is why I'm sticking to Black Diamond. I know if I get cloth seats I'll immediately regret it once I have a spill.

Maybe you could scotch guard the seats or something similar.

If anything, I'd get some camo seat covers.
Sponsored