First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the JB4 tune on top of ford Procal is no issue? Anyone run that for a lot of miles with an aggressive mapping? I know you can revert back to stock from Procal. Can this still be done with JB4 on top?
Same here. Jb4+fp tune+water/meth. Map 3 rocks!, map 2 for smoother driveability, map 4 is the danger zone (haven't tried w/6510 plugs yet, but it went into limp before). No need to flash back to stock...computer's failsafes work the same
Sponsored

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct. I’ve run mine about 3k-ish miles with the ProCal and JB4 on Map 2 on top.

Nice! I’m running much the same, minus the K&N CAI and pipes. I left the stock air box with a Whipple filter in it. I’m leaning towards the Injen kit once some folks run them for a bit. Do the hot and cold pipes make much of a difference with the CPe Intercooler?

I agree, everything I saw when doing research regarding the EB is that .026 to .030 seems to work fine for most applications. Maybe that’s why most landed at the sweet spot of .027-.028?
I've been running JB4 Map 3 with the procal and seems ok for the past 2000 miles...

I did the hot and cold pipes before uograding the intercooler - definately could tell that there was a bit higher airflow / the turbo did spool up a bit faster. It does keep everything slightly cooler now with the upgraded pipes, intercooler and louvers removed. If you don't mind the additional sound, I believe the muffler delete has made a huge difference in airflow and has added some power...looking forward to doing the downpipe when available.

I should note (because it's not mentioned anywhere) that the K&N hotside pipe coupler did not mate properly with the CPE intercooler. My solution was to cut off the end of the factory hotside pipe with the factory intercooler coupler, then I slid the cut off factory tubing over the K&N hotside pipe and clamped it on, and easily attached the other side with the factory coupler to the CPE intercooler. Everything is nice and snug and doesn't appear to be any leaks. This is basically how it was attached to the factory intercooler (via a short flex pipe but with the K&N CNC couple rather than the factory tin or whatever metal they use).

Took it for another drive today with thr .026 gap - everything seems fine. I was thinking that maybe Ford equiped the Bronco with a hotter ignition system than other Ecoboost vehicles so it puts out a higher rate of spark, therefore Panda figured out that the gap should be smaller and would put out the same spark as a vehcile with a bigger gap but cooler ignition system...

Last edited:

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
23k miles - stock plugs. Lots of mods. Running at 25 psi peak boost for the past couple of months. Switched these out today for the NGK 6510. I had noticed a slightly higher idle lately after pushing the engine pretty hard with the stock plugs in terms of idling at high 800s low 900s so maybe the new plugs will help get idle back down to normal. I gapped the new plugs at 0.026 per Panda, though, as someone mentioned on another thread, most ecoboost people say 0.028 is the way to roll.

Stock plugs were all gapped at 0.30 when they came out.

Just took her out for a test drive - warm idle is back down to low 800s and noticeably more pep with the new plugs...
20230624_180328.jpg
20230624_180336.jpg

Back in the day lets say 2018 we and many other tuners recommended .028 and with great success but one problem arose out of that gap the amount of time it took for the gap to open and case a need for replacement or regap. When us and other tuners started recommending .026 customers were getting longer life and staying within the threshold of the gap spec when running these on bigger power EB vehicles

Honestly, .026-.028 is more of a preference and will change zero in gains or cause any issues. We just wanted to provide something that would last longer and no open up the gap as quickly so customers felt the purchase was worth more than others.

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in the day lets say 2018 we and many other tuners recommended .028 and with great success but one problem arose out of that gap the amount of time it took for the gap to open and case a need for replacement or regap. When us and other tuners started recommending .026 customers were getting longer life and staying within the threshold of the gap spec when running these on bigger power EB vehicles

Honestly, .026-.028 is more of a preference and will change zero in gains or cause any issues. We just wanted to provide something that would last longer and no open up the gap as quickly so customers felt the purchase was worth more than others.
Make sense. VERY much appreciated the response, Chris - it means a lot that you took the time to explain, thank you.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol ahh that makes sense. I also bought a water/meth kit, haven't had time to install it yet though.
Do you have any feedback on the water/meth kit?

Sponsored

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Jb4+fp tune+water/meth. Map 3 rocks!, map 2 for smoother driveability, map 4 is the danger zone (haven't tried w/6510 plugs yet, but it went into limp before). No need to flash back to stock...computer's failsafes work the same
I don't have the water/meth yet but Map 5 is amazing with 70% 93 and 30% E85. Why is map 4 the danger zone with water/meth? Are you using JB4's meth controller or Snow Performance?

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the day 2018 :LOL::LOL::LOL:. I must be getting old 2018 seems like yesterday.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have any feedback on the water/meth kit?
Still never installed it yet. I’ve just been waiting until better tuning methods are out.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have the water/meth yet but Map 5 is amazing with 70% 93 and 30% E85. Why is map 4 the danger zone with water/meth? Are you using JB4's meth controller or Snow Performance?
On mine WOT put it in limp. Did not try adding E85, was using 93+ octane boost. Snow meth controller and 50% meth. That was back in summer, and I decided to stick to map 3 till it got cold out, but then I ran into another issue...using water/meth injection in winter kills throttle bodies (unless it were injected downstream of the TB, which I don't have a setup for ATM). Gonna use water/meth in above freezing temps from now on!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand this thread is pretty old - so off topic question

@8ronco @Bmadda or anyone else stacking Jb4 on top of ford procal
pretty straightforward to do?
Why stack them vs just running JB4?
cheers

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand this thread is pretty old - so off topic question

@8ronco @Bmadda or anyone else stacking Jb4 on top of ford procal
pretty straightforward to do?
Why stack them vs just running JB4?
cheers
For me (and AT guys also I believe) the FP tune adds more features than simply increasing boost. It adds rev matching for MT, and I believe more aggressive shifting for AT. Also remembers ASS button setting! The two together are a pretty nice combo IMO. FP tune is pretty tame, but adding JB4 bumps up the HP quite a bit! There's nothing to installing both...FP tune is a reflash, and JB4 is a piggyback

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me (and AT guys also I believe) the FP tune adds more features than simply increasing boost. It adds rev matching for MT, and I believe more aggressive shifting for AT. Also remembers ASS button setting! The two together are a pretty nice combo IMO. FP tune is pretty tame, but adding JB4 bumps up the HP quite a bit! There's nothing to installing both...FP tune is a reflash, and JB4 is a piggyback
Running both and agree. Also add a pedal commander for a more fun experience.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a pedal commander, but I no longer trust it after seeing some failures both here, and at other shops. YMMV

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks guys
the FP tune was a nice tick up, and yes love the rev matching!
Considering the Jb4 as well now

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've never driven anything with auto rev match. If you wanted to skip from like 6th to 3rd would it give it enough gas or would it think you were shifting to 5th?

JB4 sounds like it's better bang for the buck than the Ford procal if you don't have the automatic transmission. Seems like stacking the Ford procal on top might give you a little more boost and/or timing advance in areas where the JB4 is adjusted to the max.
Sponsored