Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting ready to go on a rant here. Let me know if you agree or if I should find something better to complain about. Here it goes:

Locking vehicle colors behind certain trim levels is about the dumbest thing ever (I know it's been done for years, but it's still stupid). I can see locking additional functionality/luxury behind higher trim levels, but not colors. Explain to me why someone who buys a Base (who is willing to pay the $595 upcharge for Cyber Orange or any other color for that matter) cannot purchase exactly that. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me......Rant over!
tenor.gif
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try building any 2021 F-150 trim with Antimatter Blue, and see how many of the options you want will try to remove that color...you want the Sport package -remove Antimatter Blue...you want painted wheels -remove Antimatter Blue...I have not found a way to build a new F-150 with the options I want and still have Antimatter Blue...
Really hoping the Bronco build will not limit options like that. Let me have the color I want with the features I want.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most manufacturers do it. Maybe all of them to a certain degree

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a whole science to the colors and how they are selected. I did a lot of research on this when I owned a business and had to learn about marketing. It all comes down to getting you to spend more money.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a whole science to the colors and how they are selected. I did a lot of research on this when I owned a business and had to learn about marketing. It all comes down to getting you to spend more money.
As a consumer, sure I hate it, but it does make some sense. I believe it is largely about making the more expensive vehicles more desireable.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a consumer, sure I hate it, but it does make some sense. I believe it is largely about making the more expensive vehicles more desireable.
Which is where I'm so sad that people are willing to fall for the gimmick. All the functionality/luxury I want is in the 2-Door Base with Sasquatch and the 2.7L w/ 10 speed auto. While I can afford to buy a Black Diamond or Badlands, I'm not paying $10k extra for essentially the color I want, and it's sad that others will. If people stopped giving in to the gimmick, manufacturers would stop doing things like that.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's simply because they don't want you in the base model, they want you in a higher model. Color is probably the easiest way to force someone up a trim level, because some of those colors people fall in love with and just have to have it.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope the interior options will be across all models but probably not so they can get you to upgrade.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems pretty smart to me, gotta give people things in exchange for taking more of their money

There's a reason they're prancing that orange mule around so much.......

Sponsored
OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's simply because they don't want you in the base model, they want you in a higher model. Color is probably the easiest way to force someone up a trim level, because some of those colors people fall in love with and just have to have it.
Oh I get why they do it, I just don't understand why people fall for it. For instance my top colors right now are Velocity Blue, Area 51, and Cyber Orange. I absolutely love Cyber Orange and would get it if offered on Big Bend or Base, but I will not spend $10K extra for a color. Not happening. I will get another color I like and spend a lot less. Spoiler: It will probably be Velocity Blue.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah no clue why manf do that, my guess would be something related to their end cost and maximizing profit. Figuring they can squeeze some extra dollars out. Nearly every manf does that.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try building any 2021 F-150 trim with Antimatter Blue, and see how many of the options you want will try to remove that color...you want the Sport package -remove Antimatter Blue...you want painted wheels -remove Antimatter Blue...I have not found a way to build a new F-150 with the options I want and still have Antimatter Blue...
Really hoping the Bronco build will not limit options like that. Let me have the color I want with the features I want.
Especially if we are paying the price they want !!!

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh I get why they do it, I just don't understand why people fall for it. For instance my top colors right now are Velocity Blue, Area 51, and Cyber Orange. I absolutely love Cyber Orange and would get it if offered on Big Bend or Base, but I will not spend $10K extra for a color. Not happening. I will get another color I like and spend a lot less. Spoiler: It will probably be Velocity Blue.
Now it's easy because without trucks on the lot it's impossible to go make an emotional impulsive decision

But with bronco's on the lot it'll be way easier to look at the orange one, look at a random other bronco that's a similar price and just buy the orange one.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which is where I'm so sad that people are willing to fall for the gimmick. All the functionality/luxury I want is in the 2-Door Base with Sasquatch and the 2.7L w/ 10 speed auto. While I can afford to buy a Black Diamond or Badlands, I'm not paying $10k extra for essentially the color I want, and it's sad that others will. If people stopped giving in to the gimmick, manufacturers would stop doing things like that.
This is exactly where I'm at. I originally wanted a velocity blue 2 door base w/sasquatch and a 2.7. Then word came out that velocity blue was delayed and I started looking at the black diamond and badlands in cyber orange. The more I looked at the packages, the more I saw a bunch of crap I didn't want to get the one or two items I did want. So now, I'm back to the velocity blue base w/ sasquatch and a 2.7. Might add the steel bumper too. The rest I'll go aftermarket for what I want.
Sponsored