Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, and feel the same way about all black wheels. From a short distance away, they get lost in the wheel wells without some contrast. I like the wheels coming on my OBX with the Sasquatch package.
I have black wheels but mine have the silver fake beadlock bolt heads that give a bit of contrast.
Ford Bronco Color match flares, top and grill?  Would you do it? PXL_20220402_181408117
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kind of like the flares. Not the grill or maybe just the outer rim, and the skid pan should be black.

Have thought about painting the more vertical part of the flares and leaving the more horizontal part black.

The roof looks good painted. Iā€™m a Wimbledon White fan for tops, but think that is best left for the two door / doesnā€™t look the same on a four door.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks way better with painted flares the black ones are horrible Iā€™m still puzzled that Ford thought us was a good idea to slam those giant flares on and not make a real fender. But if I had one I would paint them after seeing these

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Color match flares, top and grill?  Would you do it? PXL_20220402_181408117

Nope. Looks like a blob. The thing about colors is that they are nothing without something next to them. Things need contrast to really look appealing. Sure, you can say what looks good to me may not look good to you, but there are in fact some fairly universal truths to color theory and design. The bit of black here definitely helps but itā€™s not quite enough. It doesnā€™t need much more but a few more touches here and there door handles and grill black could make it look better. Different rims. Yeah people like black rims, but again, thereā€™s no contrast. Why pay for nice rims to hide them in black. Rant over. More than 2 cents I guess.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Looks like a blob. The thing about colors is that they are nothing without something next to them. Things need contrast to really look appealing. Sure, you can say what looks good to me may not look good to you, but there are in fact some fairly universal truths to color theory and design. The bit of black here definitely helps but itā€™s not quite enough. It doesnā€™t need much more but a few more touches here and there door handles and grill black could make it look better. Different rims. Yeah people like black rims, but again, thereā€™s no contrast. Why pay for nice rims to hide them in black. Rant over. More than 2 cents I guess.
Black wheels look great, if youā€™re standing five feet away. Otherwise, theyā€™re lost without contrast.

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes on the painted flares. Slightly better than the stock Raptor black ones that look like they were "phoned in" by Ford's designers.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picture quality sucks but doesnā€™t look too bad but then again in person could look different

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not my jam. I like the contrast of color to trim details. Having said that, an all white bronco looks cool as hell.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not for me either...

The flares need the contrast of black for character. I have a 2nd set of SAS flares and plan to spray them gloss black with a texture finish to match my Wildtrak grill and mirror caps.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t like it at all. I wouldnā€™t paint my house window frames the same color as the siding either. :)

When my Eruption Green one arrives soon, Iā€™m contemplating painting the MIC top white or selling it and getting the Advanced Fiberglass white top. This thread has a white top and I love the look.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...co-2-door-with-white-roof-render.22171/page-4

Ford Bronco Color match flares, top and grill?  Would you do it? A8A77ACF-6465-40E6-B523-103CDA605E9A
Too many colors. Needs white fender flares and either white or chrome wheels.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Too many colors. Needs white fender flares and either white or chrome wheels.
I agree, chrome or white wheels, flares, and maybe a white grill would complete the look. I like the white hard top idea but I will likely be just running a power soft top on my Bronco year round. Starting in October Iā€™ll be wintering in FL for 7 months each year so my Bronco wonā€™t see many days below 70Āŗ F. The smart thing would be to sell my hard top or give it to my adult daughter to use in the winter on her Bronco.

I find some humor in the fact that the MIC top delayed my Bronco about a year and now that itā€™s finally almost time to take delivery, I donā€™t need or want the hard top. Heck, I barely need doors. :LOL:
Sponsored