Sponsored

Color Poll - MY21 vs MY22 changes

What color would you pick for your Bronco?

• Total voters

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of opinions as to whether the color changes are good or bad. Some folks are happy about the new colors while others are disappointed that their favorite color is no longer. How about a poll? I only listed the dropped and added colors since the intent is to see if the MY21 or MY22 choices are better.
Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think since most reservations had to be moved to MY22, @Ford Motor Company should have kept the same colors from MY21 since only a small fraction are getting produced due to MIC issues. I think Rapid Red was highlighted well especially with the modular hardtop that also won’t be available until MY23…

It’s kind of like highlighting the Bronco with the white vinyl with red stitching that has yet to be seen.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not happy I'm losing Rapid Red, there were only two good colors for the Base, and the wife's truck is already Velocity Blue.

The Green is too dark, though probably great in a northern climate.
Hot Pepper will probably be trim level locked.

At least we get the opportunity to pay even more and get Cyber Orange.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think since most reservations had to be moved to MY22, @Ford Motor Company should have kept the same colors from MY21 since only a small fraction are getting produced due to MIC issues. I think Rapid Red was highlighted well especially with the modular hardtop that also won’t be available until MY23…

It’s kind of like highlighting the Bronco with the white vinyl with red stitching that has yet to be seen.
The problem with that is that the decision to add these colors was made months ago. Long, long before the decision on the MIC tops.

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The problem with that is that the decision to add these colors was made months ago. Long, long before the decision on the MIC tops.
It’s certainly good that Ford would add color options for the 22 model year, but I really don’t understand the thought process behind eliminating color options for vehicles which they’ve already collected deposit money!
I understand the delays and appreciate their attempt to get issues such as the MIC roofs resolved, but the arrogance of eliminating options I paid a deposit for really irks me!

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like they should at least bring back Rapid Red!! No one likes Hot Pepper to replace it c'mon FORD! now I'm looking at wrapping my brand new vehicle next year. Bring on the green, but don't take away the best Red!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted a nice green at the beginning but finally settled on amb. Eruption green is probably the best compromise I’ll have in my life

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe someone with deep pockets and an AMB order will require "specific performance" and compel Ford to produce the vehicles ordered?...

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lightning Blue is an amazing color.

I can’t believe those pricks took it away

Reactions: Rpm

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lightning Blue is an amazing color.

I can’t believe those pricks took it away
We knew Lightning Blue was a First Edition exclusive since the beginning.

But I am surprised they didn’t replace Lightning Blue and AMB with Atlas Blue. Perhaps they felt Atlas Blue was too similar to Velocity Blue?? Dunno.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We knew Lightning Blue was a First Edition exclusive since the beginning.

But I am surprised they didn’t replace Lightning Blue and AMB with Atlas Blue. Perhaps they felt Atlas Blue was too similar to Velocity Blue?? Dunno.
I was thinking the same thing. You could argue they didn't discontinue Lightning Blue. Instead, they stopped making the only model it was available on, an MY21 exclusive model.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in Rapid Red Mod top camp. I will need to rethink that now. I have a feeling that EG will be widely chosen. I'm not a fan of the coloring on the MIC top, and IMO it does not go well with EG. Have to wait and see what a black top looks like.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like they should at least bring back Rapid Red!! No one likes Hot Pepper to replace it c'mon FORD! now I'm looking at wrapping my brand new vehicle next year. Bring on the green, but don't take away the best Red!
Ford should have a selection of basic colors, and then through in some of the funky ones. To pull red from the base is unfortunate.

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has something to do with MAP having 13?something paint guns and every year having exclusive colors. Their data probably showed that Red and Blue were the least ordered and they swapped them out.
Sponsored