Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swapped the front Bilsteins out for height adjustable Icon shocks using the factory SAS coils
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem with using the factory coils is that they are too weak for the added weight. You can preload them all you want but they have still lost that first 1-1.5" of travel and that makes them ride stiffer.

If you are ok with the ride and just want the height back...perch collars. Alot of work I know but you can literally put the Bronco height exactly where you want it.

If you want your height back, plus your ride quality back, you're only option are to replace with adjustable coilovers. Unfortunately right now, I don't know how many of the coil over manufacturers are actually accommodating added weight.

Seems like everybody's making them with a stock weighted Bronco in mind.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received my lightweight winch option (Warn M8000-S, 55#) and now I’m trying to figure out the mounting. I keep looking at the JCR winch bumper in aluminum at 50#, 25# lighter than the factory mod bumper. The cost is high and the aluminum isn’t nearly as strong as steel. The steel version is 95 pounds, so only 20# more than the mod. I’d rather do the full steel bumper at 95# than the 49# add on plate on the 75# mod bumper.
Sponsored