Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking of adding a winch. Is anyone doing something to compensate for the extra weight or can the Bronco handle it fine? I have the Sasquatch package, if that makes any difference.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My RC hidden winch dropped mine less than 1/2", out front mounts might be more. I switch from Hitachis to Bilstein 5100 set at 1.5" lift and got all of that.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got heavier springs in anticipation of sag. It gave me a host of other issues getting ride height set, but the winch didn't drop it down.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump on this thread, anyone with the JCR or similar winch/mounting plate, JCR has it listed at 49 lbs, add another 75 lbs or so for a winch with synthetic. Anyone with any noticeable sag on a SAS setup?

That was one issue with my JL, it just made the forward rake worse, roughly 1-1/8" after adding a bumper, skid, and winch, obviously that was roughly 185 lbs all together, but still.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah.. Sasquatched and by the time I added front bumper, rock rails, winch, and belly skids...the back dropped 1" and the front a bit less than 1.5"

But that is with like 500 lbs of armor. You can use spacers or perch collars to gain that back...new coil overs would be the best choice...but it's alot of effort/money for a 1" loss.

Sponsored

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you wont even notice it up there.....

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the Bronco is damn heavy, I knew this, I'm wondering if I could get away with a 8000 lb VR with synthetic, 54 lbs. Bronco with fuel, gear, me, probably sitting 5200 lbs or so (I don't carry much), so that's a 1.5 of around 7800 or so.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump on this thread, anyone with the JCR or similar winch/mounting plate, JCR has it listed at 49 lbs, add another 75 lbs or so for a winch with synthetic. Anyone with any noticeable sag on a SAS setup?

That was one issue with my JL, it just made the forward rake worse, roughly 1-1/8" after adding a bumper, skid, and winch, obviously that was roughly 185 lbs all together, but still.
My SAS setup dropped quite a bit after Maxlider bumper, grille guard and winch. Replaced the front Hoss 2.0 Bilsteins with Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2.5 EXP ride height adjustable shocks using the factory SAS coils. Set to groove 4 on the ride height and looks and rides great.
Ford Bronco Compensating for winch weight? 1679324594217

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My SAS setup dropped quite a bit after Maxlider bumper, grille guard and winch. Replaced the front Hoss 2.0 Bilsteins with Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2.5 EXP ride height adjustable shocks using the factory SAS coils. Set to groove 4 on the ride height and looks and rides great.
Ford Bronco Compensating for winch weight? 1679324594217
How did the ride change with the icon 2.5s? Thinking about the readylift 1.25 level kit but maybe I should go this route. With it all the way up to groove 5 do they say you can get 37s on with no problems? Probably just stay with 35s but always like the option.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ride is slightly firmer. Before I switched the shocks, the truck would dive pretty severely during braking. Icon's solved that problem. I purchased a readylift 1.25 (still in the box), when I saw it would take nearly the same amount of work, I went with the Icon's for increase oil volume and the ability to go up still if needed. 37's should be possible with the right offset. Not sure if the crash bar mounts would need to be trimmed.

Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed JCR winch plate and Superwinch 12k up front and it dropped my ride a lot. I have a 4dr badlands sasquatch. It looked pretty bad with the added weight.

I think the fact that I have -12 offset wheels pushed the wheel closer to the flare which made me realize the flares are not parallel to the ground but rather slope downward so with the wheel sticking out right up to the flare kind of closed the gap from wheel-to-flare.

I replaced the stock Bilsteins with Kings and that brought it back up to normal height.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ride is slightly firmer. Before I switched the shocks, the truck would dive pretty severely during braking. Icon's solved that problem. I purchased a readylift 1.25 (still in the box), when I saw it would take nearly the same amount of work, I went with the Icon's for increase oil volume and the ability to go up still if needed. 37's should be possible with the right offset. Not sure if the crash bar mounts would need to be trimmed.
You kept same upper control arms?

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have one with a 12,000 badlands winch with syn line. Dropped the front about 1/2 but I am running the eibach springs on SAS struts

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoPls!
@projectbadlands
@J Jernigan

Hey guys I am new to this stuff and I am looking into purchasing a JCR Offroad Winch Plate with a Warn 10k or 12k winch. I'd like to undo the potential loss in ride height due to the extra weight in the front of the vehicle.

So is the answer simply to upgrade to different shocks? Or is it springs?
Are there any negative effects in doing this? I just want to make up for the loss in ride height, not lift the vehicle.
Sponsored