Sponsored

Compensation for extended vehicle down time?

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The nice thing about it is they pay you back what you paid for the vehicle, taxes, and payments made while in the process. Theres a mileage deduction for use subtracted and its all over. Just a heads up most will deny you on their own, once you get a lawyer involved it becomes another story, especially if it can be deemed a safety issue.
Oh, it was deemed a safety issue by dealer so i have that going for me. Still, i feel i lose regardless. Back in line if i want another and all the time, underline, loss on trade in so forth i would eat. Ill definitely request warranty extension if i have to pester Ford customer service i will. Gunna give FORD the opportunity to make it right but I don't know how long it makes sense to sit and wait for it.
Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wondering if anyone is aware of if FORD would offer some kind of compensations for a vehicle that has been down an extended period of time? Currently closing in on 30 day mark without my Bronco due to manual transmission issues. Parts have been rumored to be back ordered, till April even "rumors" suggesting a long as a year out. No one knows, FORD is leaving us in the dark. Some kind of compensation, extended warranty, points for the problems would be nice.
I am in Canada, so dealing with Ford Canada, they offered me my two months back, same transmission issue

I didnt even have to ask

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am in Canada, so dealing with Ford Canada, they offered me my two months back, same transmission issue

I didnt even have to ask
i financed outside of FORD so little harder for them to do for me.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i financed outside of FORD so little harder for them to do for me.
ahh okay, I am dealing with ford finanacing but that hasnt been brought up, I meant Ford Canada customer service, its different than the US

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, it was deemed a safety issue by dealer so i have that going for me. Still, i feel i lose regardless. Back in line if i want another and all the time, underline, loss on trade in so forth i would eat. Ill definitely request warranty extension if i have to pester Ford customer service i will. Gunna give FORD the opportunity to make it right but I don't know how long it makes sense to sit and wait for it.
The nice thing is theres no short list of what they can offer. Once my calim was deemed vaild by the state is when they started offering things. First it was 5k, second it was 10k, and that was the ceiling. I told them no and that I was not interested in owning the vehicle anymore. They have lawyers on standby who are available to offer things. I was told the buy back request would probably be denied by the manufacturer. I told him I undertsand, and the lawyer I have spoken to, not represented by yet, is ready to file a lawsuit when denied. The cost for litigation quickly outweighs them just taking the quick loss. You could probably even ask for a replacement vehicle similiarly equipped to sign off. Thats the end point, when you sign a paper stating you are satisfied and can not come back later for more compensation on the sme vehicle. I am not a lawyer, but learned allot going through this process on my own at no cost to myself. The lawyer I spoke with actually asked if I wanted a job after I told him my end result.
Sponsored