First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe they got the one with the port-a-potty installed.
Sponsored

B33001

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh snap, I forgot about that debacle. I was built right around then too. Just so people aren't confused that was Chrysler flooding not MAP. I think MAP only had a couple inches of water.

I checked the storage compartment yesterday and nothing inside and it rained, so thinking probably not a leak. Haven't checked yet today.
Yea, I’m aware they didn’t flood at MAP but that much rain and wind just a little zipper or Velcro left undone and next thing you know water is sitting in spots for weeks that you never see especially if your bronco didn’t have to be shipped far! Been through a few hurricanes here in the OBX/ Virginia Beach area water always finds a way in. I hope that’s all it is a 1 time thing for ya! Mine will be here soon as well!

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update as of July 19. I left the plugs out and all items including the jack out until yesterday afternoon, so 3-4 days airing out. I have not seen any moisture in the storage area over the last day.

It rained during the days I had the bins empty and I checked and didn't see any water or moisture in the storage area, so pretty confident there isn't a direct leak.

I think something I was storing in there maybe had some moisture in it and being right under the exhaust the storage area would warm and cool at different rates than the outside air and cause condensation. I think owners should be mindful of what they put in the underfloor storage and making sure it is dry. I am sure people will put tow straps, tie downs, etc. That could get wet from normal use in there and cause some issues.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Start the process of taking this issue to the dealer ASAP . My wife, who at the time was my GF bought a brand new Olds. It was on the showroom floor. I sat in it and I immediately said, “ if this is the smell of a brand new GM , the I am glad I only buy Fords”. 10K miles later and six trips to the dealership in order to get tha car from flooding inside whenever it rained, we used the Lemon law, and got back 95% of our money ( paid cash for the car) minus the tax. I told my wife, they probably took the car and sent it to Arizona to resell. Don’t settle, follow through to the end. It is worth it.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I seriously doubt this is from condensation. You need to try to duplicate the condition that it was in when it was leaking. Have someone hit all the seems with a garden hose while someone else is inside of the stripped out cargo area.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

so I guess with the muffler being below that using it for a beer cooler is out now.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I brought a demo unit home to test fit it in my garage and noticed the same issue with condensation inside the rear jack storage area. It does seem like it’s an insulation issue and there is a difference in temperature allowing for condensation.

ChoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same thing. Noticed some condensation right after I bought it when I first opened the compartment and thought it was left over from production, for some reason. But then checked the other day (have had it less than 2 mos.), and there was condensation all on the underside of the lid, and standing water in the bottom both in the storage compartment and the jack storage space, and the bag holding the jack bars was soaked.

i cleaned and dried it out and took all the stuff out of there, and closed it and left it overnight closed. By mid morning—with no overnight rain—the underside was again moist and there was light condensation throughout. Since it was not running and no AC, and there was no rain, I can only imagine this is partly if not entirely due to ambient temp swings from morning to 80-90 degree days in the sun causing condensate. I bought some marine desiccants to see if those help.

48347B8C-52C6-48EB-A1B3-2EC615B08ED5.jpeg

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last summer my mom traded in her 2012 Explorer for a 2019 with only 12k miles on it. I looked it over from top to bottom and noticed it had almost the exact same thing happen. I ran a Carfax and didn't see anything. I'd most definitely agree with the different temperature swings as being the cause.

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same thing. Noticed some condensation right after I bought it when I first opened the compartment and thought it was left over from production, for some reason. But then checked the other day (have had it less than 2 mos.), and there was condensation all on the underside of the lid, and standing water in the bottom both in the storage compartment and the jack storage space, and the bag holding the jack bars was soaked.

i cleaned and dried it out and took all the stuff out of there, and closed it and left it overnight closed. By mid morning—with no overnight rain—the underside was again moist and there was light condensation throughout. Since it was not running and no AC, and there was no rain, I can only imagine this is partly if not entirely due to ambient temp swings from morning to 80-90 degree days in the sun causing condensate. I bought some marine desiccants to see if those help.

Ford Bronco Condensation / Moisture in Rear Under Floor Storage Area 1629927731968
That's a lot of water. Let me know how those dry packets work.

One thing I did that seems to help is just pull the two drain plugs so the temp can equalize quicker. It's been a little better but still not perfect.

ChoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Condensation / Moisture in Rear Under Floor Storage Area 1629927731968
Further update—several days with no rain, and again this morning, after the sun started hitting the back window, light moisture in the storage compartment (mostly at the edges) despite it being completely dry the night before. This is not a leaking issue. It is a temperature variance issue.
Sponsored