First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately that is not possible. All our zinc coating is done with Gold Chromate. However, the gold is a surface protectant that can be removed with acetate and some cleaners... leaving the silver zinc finish behind. It also makes for a great painting surface if you want to custom colorize it.
So the coating would take rattle-can black without needing to remove it first?

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, absolutely. Just clean it for paint prep, but don't blast it or the zinc layer embedded in the steel can be removed.

Here is a video I did about the Gold Zinc...

And another, very old one...

Please ignore the taglines at the end... 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please ignore the taglines at the end... 🤣🤣🤣
I was wondering what you meant, until I watched the video. 😁

"Metalcloak. It's your Bronco. Only better." ;)

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Badlands
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes... that. ;)
Could be worse. You could have named the company Jeepcloak. 💀 Is it petty that I balked at getting a JTops sunshade because it has a giant JTops logo on it? 😁 I think for a premium price, they should be willing to sew in a "BTops" logo for us. I mean, it's a custom part for a Bronco, anyway.

Sorry for the distraction. We now return to the main topic of this thread. :) This brings me to this question: If you had the budget to do only one or two parts at a time, in what order would you add plates to a Badlands that already has the OEM skid plates?

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Badlands
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could be worse. You could have named the company Jeepcloak. 💀 Is it petty that I balked at getting a JTops sunshade because it has a giant JTops logo on it? 😁 I think for a premium price, they should be willing to sew in a "BTops" logo for us. I mean, it's a custom part for a Bronco, anyway.

Sorry for the distraction. We now return to the main topic of this thread. :) This brings me to this question: If you had the budget to do only one or two parts at a time, in what order would you add plates to a Badlands that already has the OEM skid plates?
LOL...

The main Undercloak system is a complete system... so it is not something that can be done piece by piece.

As for the ones on this thread... it really depends on where you wheel and how you wheel... I do believe the rear skids are more necessary for the average driver then the lower A-arm skid, because, if you are being careful, your chances of hitting it are low.

That being said, I'd probably be the first one to bash a rock against it... yeah, I'm not that careful. - Matson

Rob_Bronc91

Outer Banks
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was at @Metalcloak yesterday picking up the rear track bar and rear lower control arm skid plates. I was asking about the front lower control arm skid plates if they were available 🤣 next day I see this post

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too thought I wouldn’t be into it - but, it sorta just blends in and doesn’t appear GOLD. I was attracted to how robust and clean the LTA skids were. Customer service was on point and I will buy more products when the time comes.

IMG_4049.jpeg
Did you get the LCA skids?
What do you plan on doing?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you get the LCA skids?

Nah, I’m a bit less concerned with protecting the front. Maybe I’m naive - but, I feel I have decent ability to track my front wheels where I want them. The rear gets iffy. I wanted to protect the $700 arms I installed.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it wouldn't look bad against the Aluminum skids? Also, I have Eibach coilovers that have 19mm nuts vice stock 18mm. Do you think that would be an issue? Thanks.
@Metalcloak What are your thoughts on the 19mm nuts that my Eibach coilovers have? Will your skid still work with them? Thanks.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking to add protection to any areas that remain vulnerable even with OEM skid plates installed. My first task is to add polyethylene to the transmission crossmembers. Then I'm thinking probably the transmission skid plate and finally the rear control arms and shock mounts. I'm not really worried about other parts unless/until someone else convinces me otherwise.

I'm looking to do trails and rock crawling. About 70-75% of Moab trails are at my disposal. My intent is not to intentionally abuse the Bronco or do things where I know I will scrape or drag, but that I could do so incidentally. I'm not looking to extend the limits of what the Badlands can do, just make sure the fun doesn't end prematurely. It can do plenty to keep me entertained as-is.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey @Metalcloak! Nice product line. I went a different direction for skids but I’m interested in your LCA and rear shock skids- can you confirm if they are compatible with the HOSS 3.0 Fox Shocks? I know that’s an issue for other similar products.

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Badlands
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch