Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the past, I had a friend that would charge $250 in labor per axle, plus parts to upgrade gears.
For a Dealer I would estimate upwards of double that.

The other thing you will want to consider is if you also want to add lockers at the same time. The labor will be roughly the same as the axle is already apart.

IMHO, if anyone is on the fence, and can afford SAS, I would suggest spending the money with the purchase vs trying to do it afterwards.
I firmly believe no one who goes with SAS will kick them selves after the fact.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4.7 in the Bronco is not apples to apples to a 4 speed OD transmission equipped vehicle with 4.10 gears. I haven't seen the actual 10 speed ratios, but I heard the 10 speed has 2 overdriven gears. That being said out of the hole both should be impressive with the short gearing of the 10 speed, but on the freeway it may still lug a bit with certain configurations.
Ford Bronco Cost to add 4.7 ratio with accessory list Capture.PNG

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez, If you have to stretch costs to 5 years I don’t think your in the position to buy the Bronco 🤣
My head spins at the thought of some sucker signing up for 8 years.
I never go full term on a loan. Usually do 5 years and pay off in 2 or less. But if they can't afford to add it on the day of purchase then why would they be able to add it a year later lol. Just add it at purchase and if you got cash a year later then pay down the loan... it's really all the same

Is this even a topic that makes sense lol for those debating... get it from the factory! For those who know what they are doing... they dont ask

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, you would just need the first two! Badlands already has the M210 front diff, 3rd option but 4.46 gearing, and all Bronco's have the M220 rear axle, whether it has 3.73, 4.27, 4.46, or 4.7 gears.

Since I have a Black Diamond on order, I would buy the 3rd option to get 4.7 gearing plus getting the beefier front diff. I believe there is a 4.7 ring and pinion for the M190 in the accessory list but I would upgrade the diff too. If and when I upgrade the gears, I will probably just go up to the 5.18 or 5.38 gear sets.

The 3rd and 4th options include the axle housings...
Rear:

Front:

And the first two options are just the ring and pinion...
I have a Bronco Outerbanks 2.3 Advanced with 4.27 that is very close to being delivered. My wife wants 37x12.5R17. Which parts would I need to move from 4.27 to 4.7?

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just buy the Sasquatch Package. You'll get it covered in warranty and you get to stretch the cost our over 5-8 years!
Goodness I hope no one is financing these things for 8 years.
Sponsored