First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4.7 in the Bronco is not apples to apples to a 4 speed OD transmission equipped vehicle with 4.10 gears. I haven't seen the actual 10 speed ratios, but I heard the 10 speed has 2 overdriven gears. That being said out of the hole both should be impressive with the short gearing of the 10 speed, but on the freeway it may still lug a bit with certain configurations.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.7 in the Bronco is not apples to apples to a 4 speed OD transmission equipped vehicle with 4.10 gears. I haven't seen the actual 10 speed ratios, but I heard the 10 speed has 2 overdriven gears. That being said out of the hole both should be impressive with the short gearing of the 10 speed, but on the freeway it may still lug a bit with certain configurations.
100% agree as I have the fat auto 42rle pig w/ 4.88s in my jeep.

Ive had the 10speed for 42k miles in my truck. My truck absolutely does not lug on the highway w/ the 3.5EB and it flies up the mountain passes and can pass majority of vehicles at any speed. I even tow through the mountains with it and its never struggled or searching for gears.

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel more confused reading these comments. For an idiot:

Can someone provide me a parts list, cost and install estimate to bring a BD non squatch up to 35s?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel more confused reading these comments. For an idiot:

Can someone provide me a parts list, cost and install estimate to bring a BD non squatch up to 35s?
Parts List: 35" tires

Seriously though, if the stock wheels are 8" wide, and the BD can be ordered with 4.46, then you likely don't need anything else to install 35" tires.

Unless for some reason you end up wanting a bit of additional clearance, probably there will be a mild 1" aftermarket puck lift at some point. Or maybe at some point aftermarket or Sas flares, if 35" stick out a bit more and you want full coverage.

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Parts List: 35" tires

Seriously though, if the stock wheels are 8" wide, and the BD can be ordered with 4.46, then you likely don't need anything else to install 35" tires.

Unless for some reason you end up wanting a bit of additional clearance, probably there will be a mild 1" aftermarket puck lift at some point. Or maybe at some point aftermarket or Sas flares, if 35" stick out a bit more and you want full coverage.
What about the Front End? Doesn't the stock BD have the weaker front axle?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fist off, it would be silly to pay as much as this would cost to go from 4.46 to 4.7. Yeah, you can do it with just a change in ring and pinion, but it's a lot of work and money for little gain. If you were going through the time and expense of a re gear, the first reasonable upgrade from 4.46 would be 4.88 if it was my money.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SO did a search and cant find the answer. Is it correct that the B&P is wrong and you cant add the 4.7 gears to an auto badlands without sasquach?

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SO did a search and cant find the answer. Is it correct that the B&P is wrong and you cant add the 4.7 gears to an auto badlands without sasquach?
That is correct. B & P is wrong. Only an option for non-sas if getting manual.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is correct. B & P is wrong. Only an option for non-sas if getting manual.
Noooooo, I scrapped squatch thinking BP was right allowing 4.7 w/auto 2.7. Hoping to reduce chances of a delayed build. Just emailed dealer to make those changes to my order. Also changed exterior color again, lol! My head hurts...

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fist off, it would be silly to pay as much as this would cost to go from 4.46 to 4.7. Yeah, you can do it with just a change in ring and pinion, but it's a lot of work and money for little gain. If you were going through the time and expense of a re gear, the first reasonable upgrade from 4.46 would be 4.88 if it was my money.
Think 4.88 would require new diff and axle? I was planning on upgrading from stock 33s myself, but based in this thread, may be better off getting squatch...

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Think 4.88 would require new diff and axle? I was planning on upgrading from stock 33s myself, but based in this thread, may be better off getting squatch...

Mostly my comment was about the futility in upgrading yourself from 4.46 to 4.7 as the gain is not enough to justify the expense. If it was a no cost option at the factory it would be great, but it's not. My BD will have the M190 front axle. I'll wait to upgrade my gears to do at the same time I upgrade the front axle, whenever that may be. I'm sure there is a decent selection of gear sets for the M190, but I don't think I'd put money into it.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m a pretty mechanical kinda guy but this all make
My head hurt.... the extra money I pay to get it done right from the factory is totally worth the extra time I would want to piss with it. If you pay someone to do it I bet you would be close to the amount of just getting it from the beginning.
Squach it out and donā€™t look back

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Letā€™s say I buy an Auto Badlands 4 door with 33 tires and in a year I decide I want 35 tires and want to switch to 4.7 ratio to have the proper gearing for those tires
What would be the cost?

In the accessory list there is:

Dana 44 4.7 Ring and Pinion kit - $365
M210 4.7 Ring gear and pinion kit - $365
M201 FDU 4.7 ratio - $1800
M220 rear axle assembly with 4.70 ratio - $2,275

Do I need all those 4 items to have 4.7 ratio on a 4 Door Badlands with Auto transmition? Or just the 2 ring and pinion kit? Or anything else? And how much would be the installation cost approximately?
I donā€˜t know anything about this, sorry for being dumb.
Just buy the Sasquatch Package. You'll get it covered in warranty and you get to stretch the cost our over 5-8 years!

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
This, if you want to upgrade from 4.46 go ahead and skip to 4.88 and your ready for 37s and your truck will feel better than a Sas truck on 35s.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just buy the Sasquatch Package. You'll get it covered in warranty and you get to stretch the cost our over 5-8 years!
Jeez, If you have to stretch costs to 5 years I donā€™t think your in the position to buy the Bronco šŸ¤£
My head spins at the thought of some sucker signing up for 8 years.
Sponsored