First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was shopping for my Wrangler a few years back, I had a budget in mind and knew which features I was willing to delete to hit that budget mark. I'd never used the Costco Auto Program before and decided to take a look. I was able to get every feature I wanted and one additional while knocking off $5K from the MSRP and $2,500 under my budget.

A few weeks ago I jumped on their website again to see who the local Costco affiliated dealers were for Ford. The Bronco Sport was listed, but no agreements had been hammered out. Last night I checked again. The Bronco Sport is now available for purchase through their program. What was that, a month and a half from release? For all of you like me who are pushed to MY22, keep that in mind. As scarce and as high demand as Broncos will be initially, you may find some considerable savings through Costco once they setup their agreement, and they will.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also keep in mind that it cost dealers to be part of that program. I also bought a recent-ish car through that program. It was 800 over invoice on a high demand vehicle.

But when I went to use it for my next vehicle I found some dealers had dropped out and told me they could even beat that deal.

If only 2022 brought dealer stock so we could shop around...but Ford will still be building "21" reservation holders ?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of my local dealers can beat the Costco deal. They'll say they can, but you don't get to see what the Costco deal is if they aren't part of the program, so you never really know. Also, they try to mark up the paperwork fees to make up for a lower "sale" price. The Costco deal is, by far, the best deal around (here).

OP
OP
Misterbear

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with what everyone says so far. I'll be using Costco as a shopping tool. I picked the dealer that's nearest and in their program. It is quite possible the price would be higher than invoice. My currently dealer has already said they'll be selling at MSRP without additional markups. We'll, we've all seen the invoice prices now. When we bought the second Jeep for my mother, we went with a dealer who said they'd beat the Costco price, and they did. We saved a few thousand and drove away that night with the new car. I asked how they did that? She said volume sales and word of mouth. You know they'd have my business if the new Wranglers were worth buying. I was very pleased and impressed. Anyway, the Costco program is just a tool. It usually works to the customers benefit and it might not. Good to know though.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyway, the Costco program is just a tool. It usually works to the customers benefit and it might not. Good to know though.
2 things...1. their birthday cakes are awesome, 2. u r spot on

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based on the current number of reservations and production capacity, I think the earliest you might be able to get a Bronco through Costco would be 2023.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd take any Sport comparisons with a gallon of salt; the Sport is low demand, the Bronco is high demand, you won't be getting the same deals (if any deals at all) at least on MY21-22

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I bought my car through Costco, everything was good with the sales manager... When I went into the Finance guy, he literally said, hold on, there is a mistake, we are not selling that model at the Costco Price. (It was high demand and low inventory).

Finance guy left the office, came back in a few and say, well ok, guess your good.

My point being is that I got the impression they have the option to selectively participate in the Costco Program.... But that was a while ago.

TrueCar is another TOOL.
Sponsored