First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who would like to see Ford implement a factory delivery program, similar to the BMW European Delivery program? It could save us the ridiculous $1495 destination charge (or at least a good portion of it). It would also eliminate the need to negotiate and have to deal with a dealership. Wouldn't that be nice? :D
Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would probably never happen as they inspect the vehicle , check things are working correctly, and do other things to get it finalized to sell.

N2AK

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I would love that option and take advantage of it with my new Bronco purchase!

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who would like to see Ford implement a factory delivery program, similar to the BMW European Delivery program? It could save us the ridiculous $1495 destination charge (or at least a good portion of it). It would also eliminate the need to negotiate and have to deal with a dealership. Wouldn't that be nice? :D
Cut out their dealers...

Ford Bronco Factory Delivery Program? 1605640379528

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. There would be no negotiation. Everyone would be paying MSRP.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First off, it would be much more than $1500 if they offered it. Secondly, as we've already learned with the reservation/order shenanigans, Ford is not going to cut out your local dealer in any way, shape, or form.

Still fun to dream though. ?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Would love to go to Europe and pick up my Bronco! Detroit not so much.

I was stationed in Germany and bought a BMW thru local sales, great program but not sure how they do it anymore with most of the models being built here in the US and in the great State of South Carolina!

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would love to go to Europe and pick up my Bronco! Detroit not so much.

I was stationed in Germany and bought a BMW thru local sales, great program but not sure how they do it anymore with most of the models being built here in the US and in the great State of South Carolina!
Have you ever been to Detroit?
I am guessing not.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
48 states would have to change their laws about how cars are sold to the public for the OP's dream to come true.

And Ford is still going to charge you shipping to get your car to you.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Have you ever been to Detroit?
I am guessing not.
Nope but you can send me a postcard. I've been to both the Mercedes and Porsche factory in Germany, head down here and we can visit BMW and Volvo but I'm good not having Detroit on my bucket list.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

48 states would have to change their laws about how cars are sold to the public for the OP's dream to come true.

This, dealers pay lobbyists millions to stay in business.

OP
OP
HeritageRider

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Why? You can live in any of those states, and still do the European Delivery thing. They didn't have to change any laws for that to be possible. And how can Ford charge shipping, if you're picking it up at the factory?

I do admit, though, that Covid would make it improbable at this time. But by the time we actually get our Broncos, it might all be over.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be cool, but don’t take delivery in Warren in winter. Between the salt, potholes and cold, you might rather pay the destination fee?? I went to the BMW performance driving school in SC, they would let you thrash an identical model for 1/2, full or two days and then drive your freshly prepped vehicle home. Awesome experience, but Ford lawyers and bean counters would flip out. After blowing up a Turbo in and 1 series on the skid pad and thrashing an M5 with an instructor driving on the wet course, I blew through the long straight in an X5M SUV (late braking) and the instructor got on the radio and said.... don’t do that again ? Ford couldn’t handle it. The off road course was cool too. In never did the motorcycle class, but it was similarly awesome and over the top for most companies from a liability perspective.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To Ford "Customer = Dealer Network", we are end users that are their customer's customer.
Ford makes & ships cars based on orders from Dealers so they have a smooth supply chain and a backlog of cars to run through their assembly line. Ford plants dont sell 1 car at a time they sell truck loads at a time. unless you want to buy a truckload dont even expect a direct delivery.

Also Ford typically does not make one off cars and is not really equipped for it. They "can" take a car off the assembly line and custom equip it the way you want it but you will NOT like the price for it. The $1500 Delivery fee will be a rounding error on said car.
Sponsored