Sponsored

Is MSRP minus a Costco Auto Program discount around the best one can do on a new Bronco order?

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit, 2022 Cherokee Limited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is MSRP minus a Costco Auto Program discount around the best one can do on a new Bronco order (if they don't have access ot a friends / family discount)?
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The last time I checked the Bronco was not eligible for the Costco program. On top of that you can't currently place a new order.

OP
OP
Thumbszilla

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The last time I checked the Bronco was not eligible for the Costco program. On top of that you can't currently place a new order.
My local dealer confirmed that the current Costco Auto Program discount on a Bronco is $575, and that I can write up a pre-order with a non-refundable $500 deposit. They also will guarantee no dealer markup over MSRP. I was just curious if that sounds reasonable or if people are generally seeing better.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My local dealer confirmed that the current Costco Auto Program discount on a Bronco is $575, and that I can write up a pre-order with a non-refundable $500 deposit. They also will guarantee no dealer markup over MSRP. I was just curious if that sounds reasonable or if people are generally seeing better.
Non refundable deposit gets you locked in no matter how long it takes to get in... and we are only guessing the order banks reopen at this point in February...

Wait till the order banks are open...There is no such thing as a "pre order"....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Thumbszilla

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Non refundable deposit gets you locked in no matter how long it takes to get in... and we are only guessing the order banks reopen at this point in February...

Wait till the order banks are open...There is no such thing as a "pre order"....
I think what they meant is that they'd take all the information down and have it ready to input as soon as the order banks open (whenever that is).

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what X plan does if the dealer accepts it but probably equal to or greater then costco.

I am D plan so can't really provide much input other then that saved me a ton of money.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think what they meant is that they'd take all the information down and have it ready to input as soon as the order banks open (whenever that is).
I wouldn't give anyone money till the order banks are open. Why lend them $500 for unknown period of time... Heck, I am adamantly against non-refundable deposits and I am against any deposit actually. They don't pay anything for the vehicle till it ships.. Why should you?

I would probably fold on the $500, but not the non-refundable part...

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure what X plan does if the dealer accepts it but probably equal to or greater then costco.

I am D plan so can't really provide much input other then that saved me a ton of money.
X plan is not available for the Bronco.

OP
OP
Thumbszilla

Thumbszilla

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

How would I gain access to any of the discount plans?

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would I gain access to any of the discount plans?
Well apparently X plan is not available for the Bronco but you can get it through some employers, being a shareholder (I believe) and probably some other ways.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't do a non-refundable deposit without a "perform by" date or you get your deposit back. If deposit is for a new MY23 or a refund should be in order. But if it's just a "pre-order" and no performance date, no way.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't do a non-refundable deposit without a "perform by" date or you get your deposit back. If deposit is for a new MY23 or a refund should be in order. But if it's just a "pre-order" and no performance date, no way.
THis. No-way I am giving a nonrefundable deposit when nobody knows if and when the order banks will open up. Even if they do open up in February as speculated, there is no guarantee you will even get scheduled this year.

Since the dealer wants this non-refundable deposit I am sure he shared his allocations and current order back log with you so you can better make an informed decision, right?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer will also need an allocation in order to deliver your order. Cool that Costco program is now working.
Sponsored