Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lol what are you on about?

They are well known for giving good reviews to any company that pays them, but that doesn’t equate to political bias.

Their opinions are usually BS, but just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t mean it’s out to get you. Chill out and keep this forum politics free.
Consumer Reports Donates to MANY hard left organizations. Do your homework.....they don't hide the fact.
Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never owned a truck or SUV before the Bronco, and have driven very few. I find it’s on road manners completely acceptable. I don’t think I’d go to autocross with it, but it doesn’t feel like it’s going to flip over on spirited turns

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Consumer Reports Donates to MANY hard left organizations. Do your homework.....they don't hide the fact.
“Hard Left is violent anarchism. Which violent anarchist groups do they donate to?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have never owned a truck or SUV before the Bronco, and have driven very few. I find it’s on road manners completely acceptable. I don’t think I’d go to autocross with it, but it doesn’t feel like it’s going to flip over on spirited turns
I have slid it thru a turn on tarmac, it's not bad at all.

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“Hard Left is violent anarchism. Which violent anarchist groups do they donate to?
Sorry "Word Smith".......That must be your definition. Example: "Denver may be "Hard Left" but that doesn't correlate to any violence.
Have a nice day....Out of here.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry "Word Smith".......That must be your definition. Example: "Denver may be "Hard Left" but that doesn't correlate to any violence.
Have a nice day....Out of here.
Denver isn't hard left...do your homework...we don't hide the fact

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have slid it thru a turn on tarmac, it's not bad at all.
I've given it some sideways action on gravel, but I'm concerned to do the same on pavement in the event I regain traction halfway through.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

CR consistently scores Wrangler low every year. So no surprise Bronco is also down there.

Most people who can afford a new Wrangler or Bronco are smart enough to know better than put any stock in reviews like this. Or, to put it another way, If you are stupid enough to avoid a Bronco because of something you read in CR….odds are you can’t afford a Bronco to begin with.

The rest of us know: “the heart wants what the heart wants” And that has little to do with economy.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've given it some sideways action on gravel, but I'm concerned to do the same on pavement in the event I regain traction halfway through.
Believe me, if I haven't rolled it, it probably can't be rolled easily...

crash_m2sport11.gif

crash_m2sport8.gif

And I have rolled a Miata.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Believe me, if I haven't rolled it, it probably can't be rolled easily...

Ford Bronco CR ranks Bronco @ 46/100 on Lowest Ranked Cars list crash_m2sport8

Ford Bronco CR ranks Bronco @ 46/100 on Lowest Ranked Cars list crash_m2sport8

And I have rolled a Miata.
How does one roll a Miata?
I'm glad you had that cage installed or we might not be talking!

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It got bad marks for the stiff ride, loud interior, awkward ergonomics and bad fuel economy.
Can't say I disagree, they certainly left a lot of room for improvement. I have been driving trucks for 24 years and not very fancy ones.

However ours does flirt with 25mpg which for a brick on 32" AT's ain't bad IMO. I don't mind the actual road manors but the cramped cockpit, and air leaking/creaking windows get old really fast on a roadtrip. And in the winter the top gets noisy too for added fun.

Its hers and she is happy with it, I would not trade my 8yo F-150 for it.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How does one roll a Miata?
I'm glad you had that cage installed or we might not be talking!
Well, you adjust the rear stabilizer bar in such a way that you end up with some nasty snap oversteer, enter a decreasing radius turn at too high of a speed (making sure you have Kid Rock playing), and then while recovering from the oversteer you realize that you can go over an embankment or hit the side of the canyon... Pick one... LOL.

I picked the side of the canyon figuring it would cause less damage... Damn car climbs the side of the damn canyon and rolls. Next thing you know I am upside down and looking back at the roll bar, thinking "hot damn, it works".

A little bit later, the tow truck dropped it off in my driveway upside down. I had to flip it back over using my Jeep Cherokee before taking it to the body shop. It would have been totalled but my wife forgot to pay the insurance, so... $15k out of my pocket. It was a $30k car, so one way or another I was losing $15k. After it was rebuilt, I turbocharged it. It was a great car.

** - before the safety trolls show up, that was my last accident (24 years ago).

Last edited:

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
CR assess for the general masses, non enthusiasts, and for road drive-ability. If you want to know about off road ability that's why there are 4WD magazines who focus on that aspect. Bronco's and Wranglers are never going to do well on CR type tests--and you wouldn't want them to since you probably bought yours with off road capability in mind--there has never been a vehicle designed that has great on road and off road abilities--just ask land rover. CR does a service to help the truly uninformed not to do what they do best--make bad decisions.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Huh, is this the same CR that ranks BMW the #1 car and MINI #3 LMFA........my son bought a 7 series and it was the most problematic POS he has ever owned. Sold it and bought a Lexis. My best friend owned a 5 series and dumped it because of the issues he had. The three people that I know that owned MINI's hated them. One lost a tranny and power steering pump in less than 20K, another would spring leaks "just because", and lost a timing chain. The biggest issue is parts and labor cost on BMW's (MINI's).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh, is this the same CR that ranks BMW the #1 car and MINI #3 LMFA........my son bought a 7 series and it was the most problematic POS he has ever owned. Sold it and bought a Lexis. My best friend owned a 5 series and dumped it because of the issues he had. The three people that I know that owned MINI's hated them. One lost a tranny and power steering pump in less than 20K, another would spring leaks "just because", and lost a timing chain. The biggest issue is parts and labor cost on BMW's (MINI's).
My Mini was reliable, until it wasn't, and I knew it was a ticking time bomb at that point. I traded it in quick after that, but it was subtlety giving me clues of impending doom. It also was not particularly comfortable with regards to the suspension, my knock your teeth out Miata track suspension was less jarring than my stock Mini Cooper S.
Sponsored