Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Glad this guy was the guinea pig for this solution. Seems like a great idea to keep the modular bumper!
The trick will be to see how much room there is under there with the 2.7. Sounds like the heat exchanger will be in the way.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's good to have if you offroad frequently or offroad solo / small groups. At some point someone is going to need to be winched out of a bad spot. That Winch I'd probably only use to winch up a UTV or something to a trailer...it's not strong enough that I'd trust it to winch a Bronco or any other offroad vehicle safely. That or it'd burn out.

Just all depends on what you plan on doing / going with your Bronco.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's good to have if you offroad frequently or offroad solo / small groups. At some point someone is going to need to be winched out of a bad spot. That Winch I'd probably only use to winch up a UTV or something to a trailer...it's not strong enough that I'd trust it to winch a Bronco or any other offroad vehicle safely. That or it'd burn out.

Agreed- when you need a winch, nothing is going to substitute for it.

4BBA9C2D-18E1-4E53-86DA-810E2F035C33.jpeg

B843449A-0AB8-48BA-9C52-3F82D7C9E195.jpeg

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trick will be to see how much room there is under there with the 2.7. Sounds like the heat exchanger will be in the way.
I’m getting the 2.3, but hopefully it works for y’all with the 2.7!

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m getting the 2.3, but hopefully it works for y’all with the 2.7!
Based on pictures I've seen so far since I'm a '22 order, some items may need to be moved around (like the heat exchanger sitting between those frame stops) Or additional brackets that bolt to the frame and extend past those bumps (which would mean the exchanger doesn't have to be relocated) but would mean the front skidplate would need some adjusting / redesigning.

Hopefully the MY 22 year allows enough Broncos to get delivered to the aftermarket for designs to be worked on.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see a solidly mounted 2" front receiver so that I could take the winch on & off.

Last edited:

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any size winch will do if you have enough pulleys. A single pulley will turn a 4K winch into an 8K winch. That handy portable 4K winch and a couple pulleys would be good for an infrequent pull-out (phrasing).

Work = Force × Distance

I just hate spending 2-3 grand on something I will be lugging around 24/7 and only use 2-3 times a month at most.

Tadertodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two first gen Broncos and a second gen, 21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leaning heavily towards the Maxlider bumper. Seems to be well thought out and addresses all the issues with camera and sensors. Yes, it's pricey, but fit and finish and everything that comes with it is nice. Addictive Desert Design is running a close second, by the time you add the skid plates and ACC relocation bracket and some lights, you're at the price of Maxlider.
Any word on how much it decreases the approach angle. I am totally against giving up this statistic. I'll give up the camera and ACC first.
Thanks.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really hope we get more firms designing winch mounts that work on the OE mod bumper. I like that bumper just fine, but don't like the idea of paying $3k for Ford's own kit when all I really need is a mount...already have the winch and wiring in hand for an install.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any size winch will do if you have enough pulleys. A single pulley will turn a 4K winch into an 8K winch. That handy portable 4K winch and a couple pulleys would be good for an infrequent pull-out (phrasing).

Work = Force × Distance

I just hate spending 2-3 grand on something I will be lugging around 24/7 and only use 2-3 times a month at most.
True, I was basing my reply on someone not familiar with physics and pulleys :)
That being said, the setup you go with is your choice / preference. I will be planning for an aftermarket bumper with a hidden winch. Also since I'll be a 2 door Bronco, space is limited and cargo space for hauling equipment will be limited. I'd rather use the space that portable winch would take up for other things.
Sponsored