R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't know if it works with the steel bumper at all and neither does Rough Country because they don't have one to test.
The RoughCountry hidden bumper for the plastic bumper might not work as-is for the steel bumper and the skid is light-duty (1/8" and doesn't protect lower arm mount), but we now know that it is trivial to mount a hidden winch, if you are willing to cut the unused manufacturing tabs off the frame to make room for it. The intercooler doesn't even have to be replaced (just shifted slightly). Hopefully we will see some nice options become available.
Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..., if you are willing to cut the unused manufacturing tabs off the frame...
Is that what those are used for? I was wondering what their purpose was, I wasn't super keen on cutting them off until I knew what they were there for.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled my skid off, here is the result:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...skid-plate-kit-51054.24466/page-6#post-863406

What this tells me is that we won't have a winch option that fits every build, doesn't impact the ACC, and doesn't impact the camera. The only way it'll work for Lux builds is if it sits upright like the one Ford provides, but pushed high enough and tucked in enough to not impact the ACC. I suppose the camera could be relocated, but the work involved in the lower mount is substantial for whatever reason.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke to 4 Wheel Parts on the phone today. Their bumper is 6-8 weeks out (give or take, their words). I've seen photos of these on a few Broncos and they seem nice, I wish I had jumped on it while it was available.

I also asked the ACC question. Apparently it comes with a bracket that moves the ACC sensor forward a bit, but it does work according to them. They also said that it would require some adjustment during install to ensure it works. I like this solution because it roughly keeps it in the same spot, as opposed to moving it the side, but it will block the camera.

I have also emailed w/ Lifestyle Offroad, they are working to get ACC working with theirs as well.

WLDBST

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need something like this. Even though it was on a '77 the bumper is steel and from James Duff and has the winch mounted inside. Hopefully the aftermarket is working on a solution like this.
1621524262368.png
Clean

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get laugh out of this even though it pisses me off that the winch does not work on my configuration.

In my opinion this is an Epic Fail. It is a very low level of vehicle integration at best.

A high level it would work with all packages or options. Huge Fail. How can they even print and claim a high level of integration? If I was on the team for integration, and this is what I came up with I would expect to be fired. I sure would not print high level if integration either
I had to cancel my Smittybuilt winch because I can't find a way to install it on my mod bumper

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Best winch mount solution yet. ;)

Ford Bronco Winch solutions 1647656138038

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive a Rubicon on 35's with a front winch and it has saved my ass off road (and various random others) quite a few times. Frankly, it's an essential tool for the Bronco if you want to compete with Jeep. I ordered a Badlands/Sas/Lux and had this very discussion with the Bronco reps last week. Disappointingly, they do not have an answer right now. I implored them to take the message back to Ford that Badlands/Lux is an EPIC FAIL without some kind of relocation bracket for the radar antenna and front camera allowing a winch. The aftermarket guys are pretty good at this stuff, but Ford would clean up if they "fixed" the design to solve this problem. I'm just hoping that they're on it .... cause I'm not selling the Rubicon until the Bronco provides me the full functionality I'm used to with my Jeep. I WILL sell the Bronco if they can't fix this. And I'll be real pissed about it because the Bronco is near perfect in every other way. I can't help but believe they're on it and a solution will be at hand by the time my Badlands/Sas/Lux finally ships.
Wait. I thought it worked but blocked the front camera? Does the winch not work with front cam?

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Easy solution for all. Just remotely mount the winch control box under the hood. If you went with a hidden winch you have to do this anyway. If you went with a hidden winch and have a 2.7L there is almost no way of getting to the free spool lever.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mrjerry469