Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are awesome. I wonder if anyone will create some kind of easily adapatable module for plugging anything into the switches. Like I have no idea where the plugs for these switches will be or what they look like. Are they a standard plug? Would love to open up to the DIY / open source crowd for fun joke / novelty items (like a sound effects speaker in the cabin we can load our own sounds into)
These are the connections on the Raptor. They are bare end. I believe Bronco is stated to have a similar setup
Ford Bronco Custom Aux Switch Labels / Stickers for 2021 Bronco rapwire
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's another that I actually have on one of the rocker switches in my FJ, to operate my fogs.
Ford Bronco Custom Aux Switch Labels / Stickers for 2021 Bronco zombie-lights-01

AISuperBot

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As seen in the Aux Switches and Accessory Rail thread, there's a lot of discussion about the aux switches. I came across a file someone created to make labels for the Gen2 Raptor switches and got to thinking about something similar for the Bronco. There are plenty of different labels out there you can by for upfitter switches, but I was thinking more of a Bronco style.

I've put together a few so far. Probably not the easiest to read, but it has the Bronco feel to it.
I'm also sticking with black and white, because my current plan is to print these on to glow-in-the-dark adhesive vinyl. That way they can just be stuck on and still be potentially visible at night.

Update 4: View attachment 85703
[/QUOTE
As seen in the Aux Switches and Accessory Rail thread, there's a lot of discussion about the aux switches. I came across a file someone created to make labels for the Gen2 Raptor switches and got to thinking about something similar for the Bronco. There are plenty of different labels out there you can by for upfitter switches, but I was thinking more of a Bronco style.

I've put together a few so far. Probably not the easiest to read, but it has the Bronco feel to it.
I'm also sticking with black and white, because my current plan is to print these on to glow-in-the-dark adhesive vinyl. That way they can just be stuck on and still be potentially visible at night.

Update 4: View attachment 85703
Just to be clear: once i attach these to the switch, the function convers automatically? AWESOME! 🤘🏼

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Natai I'd like to suggest a switch for Beer and Beer w/ horse.

Thank you.

When you switch it on Toby Keith's "Beer for my horses" plays.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear: once i attach these to the switch, the function convers automatically? AWESOME! 🤘🏼
Yup. Exactly what I was thinking, too.
Ford Bronco Custom Aux Switch Labels / Stickers for 2021 Bronco beer-01

Sponsored
OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Natai I'd like to suggest a switch for Beer and Beer w/ horse.

Thank you.

When you switch it on Toby Keith's "Beer for my horses" plays.
Was already working on a beer one. I'll add a beer w/ horse one as well. Will post as soon as I have enough new ones for another row.

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posted another row in the OP.

@TXNavy @elmystico Added beer as requested, as well as the zombie lights. If that particular beer w/ horse version doesn't work for you, let me know.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posted another row in the OP.

@TXNavy @elmystico Added beer as requested, as well as the zombie lights. If that particular beer w/ horse version doesn't work for you, let me know.
The mug with the horse is great! Nice work.

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im getting the feeling that six factory switches, is not going to be enough for all the goodies i wanna switch on.......

Santo Camacho

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F100, 1970 Mustang, 2015 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to be added to the full sheet list please😁 these are great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Natai did you see the Bronco Nation Instagram walk-through yesterday? They show how the aux switches work and light up at about 7 min :)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-nation-instagram-live.12194/
Yeah I saw it. Still thinking on best place for labels.
Ford Bronco Custom Aux Switch Labels / Stickers for 2021 Bronco Factory 2021 Bronco aux switches

1. Covering the AUX X label.
    • This has the advantage of a flat surface and backlighting.
    • However, the backlighting won't be even since it's already going through one label. And this would require the letters and images of the new label to be actually cut out. Not easy at this small a size. Plus those spaces are too small to allow for more than a few characters or a single picture, especially with the beveled shape.
    • Probably not going with this option.
  2. Out in front of the Aux switch.
    • A bit larger surface. Appears relatively flat, though may have a slight texture.
    • Downside is readability due to the angle. Once you get used to the placement, this isn't an issue for the driver. But the whole point of some of these is for others to see them. No backlighting, so I'm back to printing on glow-in-the-dark materials. A little less space for switches 1 & 6 due to the curve.
  3. On the switch face itself.
    • Larger surface, easily readable due to facing the cabin.
    • No backlighting, so back to glow-in-the-dark. Ridges on the surface could make things difficult.
    • Still leaning towards this as the best option. If labels have a hard time sticking due to the ridges, using a piece of 3M tape (the thicker kind that has a thin foam feel to it) between the switch and the label may work. It would help fill the ridges slightly and give a flatter surface for the label.
I'm checking around for places that can print sheets of glow-in-the-dark stickers. Ideally, I was hoping to find a print on demand site where I could just upload the design and people could buy the stickers direct from the site, but I haven't found one yet that does this kind of sticker. I did find two other sites and contacted them. Still waiting for a response from one, but the other confirmed they couldn't print at this fine a detail with their process.

Ordered 1 brand of glow-in-the-dark vinyl to test home printing with. Should be here in a couple days.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I saw it. Still thinking on best place for labels.
Ford Bronco Custom Aux Switch Labels / Stickers for 2021 Bronco Factory 2021 Bronco aux switches

1. Covering the AUX X label.
    • This has the advantage of a flat surface and backlighting.
    • However, the backlighting won't be even since it's already going through one label. And this would require the letters and images of the new label to be actually cut out. Not easy at this small a size. Plus those spaces are too small to allow for more than a few characters or a single picture, especially with the beveled shape.
    • Probably not going with this option.
  2. Out in front of the Aux switch.
    • A bit larger surface. Appears relatively flat, though may have a slight texture.
    • Downside is readability due to the angle. Once you get used to the placement, this isn't an issue for the driver. But the whole point of some of these is for others to see them. No backlighting, so I'm back to printing on glow-in-the-dark materials. A little less space for switches 1 & 6 due to the curve.
  3. On the switch face itself.
    • Larger surface, easily readable due to facing the cabin.
    • No backlighting, so back to glow-in-the-dark. Ridges on the surface could make things difficult.
    • Still leaning towards this as the best option. If labels have a hard time sticking due to the ridges, using a piece of 3M tape (the thicker kind that has a thin foam feel to it) between the switch and the label may work. It would help fill the ridges slightly and give a flatter surface for the label.
I'm checking around for places that can print sheets of glow-in-the-dark stickers. Ideally, I was hoping to find a print on demand site where I could just upload the design and people could buy the stickers direct from the site, but I haven't found one yet that does this kind of sticker. I did find two other sites and contacted them. Still waiting for a response from one, but the other confirmed they couldn't print at this fine a detail with their process.

Ordered 1 brand of glow-in-the-dark vinyl to test home printing with. Should be here in a couple days.
Rocker switch stickers are printed on a laminated thin plastic that's vaguely opaque and allows enough light through the white lettering. Not sure if those can be printed in small quantities by the average print shop, of course. Looks to me like Ford's rockstars designed the switch area so that owners can add stickers in the large area (no. 2 in your diagram) above the switches. But I agree that makes seeing them in the dark almost impossible. The surface for sticking anything in the no. 3 is not optimal at all, and will get a lot of use as well and wear out fastest. Frustrating.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are the connections on the Raptor. They are bare end. I believe Bronco is stated to have a similar setup
You would think they would be in a nice little junction box. I hope they have some length and slack to those wires, they look "tight"/short.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You would think they would be in a nice little junction box. I hope they have some length and slack to those wires, they look "tight"/short.
They are very short. When I had a Raptor, I installed bumper lights and had to stand on a stepladder to be able to make the connections.
Sponsored