Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also curious as to what kind of (if any) warranty the dealer offers on that paint job.
Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ready to see it on the car. Wondering how well it will match the rest of the paint.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought about that. But I doubt I’d be comfortable doing a lot of sanding on that material. Just enough to knock down that texture could be enough to expose the honeycomb matrix underneath. I’m still down to do it though
I meant sanding the high-build to get a smooth surface. The MIC would just need a good Scotch Brighting and cleaner prep...

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a bronco folks go drive it and use it....it's not a Rolls-Royce. Paint it if you want, mod it if you want, if you dent it fix it, if scratch it buff it out or paint it. Some folks sound like they're afraid to do anything but leave it sit in the garage and go out once a day and start it lol. Remember many 66-77 bronco folks got their bronco home and took a hacksaw to the fenders for bigger tires! Enjoy your damn broncos once you get them!

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well there are a few of us out there.
I, for one, have been doing it for about 30 years in automotive, industrial, fleet, and restoration work.
I'm not through learning stuff by any means, but I do know a thing or two.
As for the others, I don't pretend to assume or judge.
I see some posts that lead me to believe some have a decent-to-good knowledge and understanding, and some are just throwing stuff against the wall, seeing what sticks.
I'm curious on your thoughts as to whether a flex agent (I might have that term used incorrectly) would need to be added to the paint for the top.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious on your thoughts as to whether a flex agent (I might have that term used incorrectly) would need to be added to the paint for the top.
Not necessarily a flex agent. With the tech of paints these days flex agent is just a money grab anyway. (note that some still believe in it and will sing its praises)
I would not use it if I were the one doing the painting.
However, I would use name brand, high quality products and Adhesion promoter.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a bronco folks go drive it and use it....it's not a Rolls-Royce. Paint it if you want, mod it if you want, if you dent it fix it, if scratch it buff it out or paint it. Enjoy your damn broncos once you get them!
And just how long will that be BOB!!

Just kidding my fellow Okie. Looking forward to eventually getting my Bronco rigged up for Disney, OK. ;)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And just how long will that be BOB!!

Just kidding my fellow Okie. Looking forward to eventually getting my Bronco rigged up for Disney, OK. ;)
I have no idea, sooner than later I hope lol. I've heard nothing, you?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can envision it chipping already

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a bronco folks go drive it and use it....it's not a Rolls-Royce. Paint it if you want, mod it if you want, if you dent it fix it, if scratch it buff it out or paint it. Some folks sound like they're afraid to do anything but leave it sit in the garage and go out once a day and start it lol. Remember many 66-77 bronco folks got their bronco home and took a hacksaw to the fenders for bigger tires! Enjoy your damn broncos once you get them!
I like you, Bob. A lot.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It looks very custom and so fresh and clean, Congrats. I am going to keep mine original, but what a cool way to take the bull by the horns...This is a true Bronco afficianoto !!!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bob, I love your enthusiasm, but If I take a hacksaw to my 70k Bronco, my wife will use the saw on me and I will have to use the fordpass points for a tent.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mmm I don't know, MIC top wasn't made to be painted meaning that it won't have a surface complete flat and smooth to be painted. We cannot see that kind of imperfection on MIC because isn't glossy but once you make it glossy you will note those "imperfections"

It could be the best quality paint job, but without a surface prepare for paint, you will notice them.

4D864796-116F-4A73-8B33-1B2BE9469BD4.png

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is he interested to hear what they did for prep. And I want to see how it looks once the paint cures and the panels shrink a little.
they'll just paint it again 🤔
Sponsored