Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got this in the mail. My basemansquatch w/ mod bumper came with plastic bash plates instead of steel but I already knew to look for this and caught it at the dealer in January thanks to this forum. Nice of them to address it for the clueless people though!

IMG_4914.jpeg
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford probably got sued for lying
Agree, companies in general rarely spend more money out of the kindness of their heart.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at an auto plant. I can tell you this is not the case. Legal departments pour over every aspect to head off the POSSIBILITY of a lawsuit. They would lose the money plus you never can get back people you lose from bad PR. In my opinion...based on experience...

Sponsored

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outer Banks, 77 Bronco, 05 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We got this letter also. I already had Ford replace the front plastic bash plate but it sounds like this letter also refers to another cover under the engine that should be metal. Ours is plastic now. Does anyone know what pieces this letter covers?

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate how they disguise this as a proactive altruistic gesture and not what it really is which is fixing a screw up and mitigating any repercussions from violating a requirement of federal law that the vehicle delivered match the Monroney.

They assume their customers are stupid. I love my Bronco but I dislike Ford more and more every day for their continued behavior like this.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate how they disguise this as a proactive altruistic gesture and not what it really is which is fixing a screw up and mitigating any repercussions from violating a requirement of federal law that the vehicle delivered match the Monroney.

They assume their customers are stupid. I love my Bronco but I dislike Ford more and more every day for their continued behavior like this.
Have you ever worked on an assembly line that is as far behind in production as this is? I do feel you but the human factor under pressure to preform comes into play here. I'm not sticking up for Ford corporate. I am saying these workers were probably working 60 to 70 hours a week in physically demanding jobs. These parts are supposed to be in sequence so they just pick them up and install. Now add in vehicles being skipped that can't be built from the global parts shortage and your sequence is screwed. ...

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever worked on an assembly line that is as far behind in production as this is? I do feel you but the human factor under pressure to preform comes into play here. I'm not sticking up for Ford corporate. I am saying these workers were probably working 60 to 70 hours a week in physically demanding jobs. These parts are supposed to be in sequence so they just pick them up and install. Now add in vehicles being skipped that can't be built from the global parts shortage and your sequence is screwed. ...
You're taking a specific non-sequitur POV in defense of line workers which is fine and to address it, this has nothing to do with line workers since they aren't the ones in charge of these communications. For all I know, the line is just installing what's put in front of them. The reasons for the screw up dont matter. How management, PR and marketing deal collectively with it does. And in this case they chose a communication strategy that assume their customers are dumb.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I work at an auto plant. I can tell you this is not the case. Legal departments pour over every aspect to head off the POSSIBILITY of a lawsuit. They would lose the money plus you never can get back people you lose from bad PR. In my opinion...based on experience...
Yes, having a group of lawyers telling a company to fix an issue because of all the possible lawsuits and financial losses, by no means represent "kindness of their hearts".

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to badlands without 3.0 steering club....

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, makes sense as my first g6 (wipes a tear) had that bumper set up with a metal bash plate. Wish I had swapped it for the plastic one on my current SaS'd Bronco.

Why the Sas package didn't have it as a standard is beyond me.
Sponsored