Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

right! They made molds for this, a very expensive procedure, with the intent to deceive and they got their dumbasses busted.

IE they spent at least half a million bucks to make the part for $3 instead of $30.

how’s that working for ya ford?
This is what I’ve been saying since I picked up my base w/ mod bumper at from the dealership. Ford was doing this to get broncos out the door mostly built correctly, avoid Dirt Mountain, and just tied a string around their finger to make it right at a later date. when people clued in and started talking (here) and calling them, they knew they had to do something.

I’ve spent a lot of time bouncing back and forth between Ford Customer Care and my dealership, trying to get an answer about how ford would remedy this. Glad I have a satisfactory answer now.
Sponsored

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly, Ford owners almost seem to defend the fact that they are getting screwed. The forums on Rennlist are not in anyway blindly loyal to a manufacturer who could give less of a damn. I do believe Porsche is a lot more concerned with customers than Ford altough their stealerships suck in similiar amounts.

QUOTE="nwGTS, post: 2014661, member: 18546"]
Sure. good civil convo. I’m used to Porsches customer service. Porsche buyers take zero sh*t from corporate. I don’t raise a stink much but you should see the hellfire squads that form over one small discontent with that customer base. I’ll gladly benefit from it. Ford customers seem to take it on the chin which baffles me. We pay a lot of money for them to screw around with us at their will.
[/QUOTE]

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, so you're saying these are different plastic bash plates from the ones that come on no steel plate units?
Correct. The updated plastic skid in question only fits the modular bumper. The original plastic skid that comes with the plastic bumpers doesn't fit the modular bumper.

Ford had a separate part designed/produced to eventually save money by installing a lesser part on the lower trims that opted for the modular bumper. For J2 MY'23 and MY'24, lower trims will get the new plastic skid with the modular bumper instead of the steel bash plate.

The updated plastic skid should never have shown up on the assembly line. I don't blame the workers. They are just grabbing parts that are available to them at that time. Ford thought they could get away with the change without updating the window stickers. The updated plastic skid even has coloration ("pebbling" that mimics the powder coat) that mimics the steel bash plate whereas the original plastic skid for plastic bumpers doesn't. That styling is deliberate to deceive.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wow

Sponsored

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad they are making it right. What Ford should have done it sent a letter with the vehicle saying that they are out of steel bash plates and a temporary plastic one is in place until the steel one is available....

Right up there with a fake amp and whatever that vibrating speaker is called.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad they are making it right. What Ford should have done it sent a letter with the vehicle saying that they are out of steel bash plates and a temporary plastic one is in place until the steel one is available....

Right up there with a fake amp and whatever that vibrating speaker is called.
Being out of steel bash plates wasn't the case. It was random which builds received new plastic skid instead of the steel bash plate. The new part had no business being on the assembly line until J2.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the worst part is, you don't just "make" new parts. They get bid, contracts awarded, dies built, trials run, PPAPs done all before you put a part on a car. This is months, sometimes years.

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at an auto plant. I can tell you this is not the case. Legal departments pour over every aspect to head off the POSSIBILITY of a lawsuit. They would lose the money plus you never can get back people you lose from bad PR. In my opinion...based on experience...
LOL...yeah right...... just like VW thinking it would be fine to skirt emission laws.

I don't buy your optimism for one second.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the worst part is, you don't just "make" new parts. They get bid, contracts awarded, dies built, trials run, PPAPs done all before you put a part on a car. This is months, sometimes years.
No doubt, Ford realized their mistake early in '21. The modular bumper available across all trims was a steal considering the material costs and including the steel bash plate. The new plastic skid was their way of cutting those costs.

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not selling optimism, so no need to purchase.
LOL...yeah right...... just like VW thinking it would be fine to skirt emission laws.

I don't buy your optimism for one second.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went and checked my BD up on a lift.

All steel. 👍

i wish the pictures were better, but the Service Manager wouldn't allow me under it.

Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0461.JPG
Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0462.JPG
Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0463.JPG
Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0464.JPG
Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0465.JPG
Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0466.JPG
Ford Bronco Customer satisfaction program 23B10 (plastic > steel bash plates on 2023 Broncos) IMG_0467.JPG

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went and checked my BD up on a lift.

All steel. 👍
There was never a question with the BD or Badlands for that matter as they come standard with all steel bash plates. The problem was on trims where they don't come with bash plates but could option the modular bumper for the included steel front bash plate. Ford substituted the new plastic skid instead of the steel despite the window sticker stating that the bash plate should be steel.
Sponsored