First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is anyone thinking that cyber orange might be a future collectors edition if it is only offered in 2021, especially a 2 door Sasquatch (both late availability)?

I saw in another post that someone estimated that only 70,000 Broncos would be built in MY2021. If CO is a MY2021 only offerering (per Mike Levine tweet) and polls on this thread say that CO is hovering around 20% popularity, I deduced that less than 15,000 will be built.

BOTH 2 door and Sasquatch pkg are late availability, per dealer memo. Lets say November-December for arguments sake , with first deliveries supposedly starting in July, this at best means theyā€™d be 2/6 months of production. If the number of CO 2 door squatchā€™s held at the same 20% for CO, thereā€™d be less than 5,000 built. I am guessing that the majority of squatch orders will be 4 door, pushing that 5,000 2 door number even lower...

If it gets into 500-1500 units territory we might just have a unicorn on our hands, if we get one.

Then again, there could be enough upset CO 2 door squatch order converters having to change to their second color option if they miss the Dec. 31 cutoff that they let Ford hear about it and they decide to keep it in MY2022.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone thinking that cyber orange might be a future collectors edition if it is only offered in 2021, especially a 2 door Sasquatch (both late availability)?

I saw in another post that someone estimated that only 70,000 Broncos would be built in MY2021. If CO is a MY2021 only offerering (per Mike Levine tweet) and polls on this thread say that CO is hovering around 20% popularity, I deduced that less than 15,000 will be built.

BOTH 2 door and Sasquatch pkg are late availability, per dealer memo. Lets say November-December for arguments sake , with first deliveries supposedly starting in July, this at best means theyā€™d be 2/6 months of production. If the number of CO 2 door squatchā€™s held at the same 20% for CO, thereā€™d be less than 5,000 built. I am guessing that the majority of squatch orders will be 4 door, pushing that 5,000 2 door number even lower...

If it gets into 500-1500 units territory we might just have a unicorn on our hands, if we get one.

Then again, there could be enough upset CO 2 door squatch order converters having to change to their second color option if they miss the Dec. 31 cutoff that they let Ford hear about it and they decide to keep it in MY2022.
I do believe there is an element of truth in your idea - although I'm not sure I could put a number on it.

As a 4-door Badlands non-Sas myself, I'm also feeling like going with CO would end up being a "rare" color. It's very clear that many folks do not like CO on 4-door vs. the 2-door (lots of comments about this) and also there is rather low interest in general for CO (compared to A51 for example). I think a standard 4dr Badlands CO truck is the 1 unique 4dr model where CO is amazing. OBX is too blah and the sasquatch wheels + tires just aren't the same appearance as stock BL wheels and tires.

I'm willing to bet that this color will not make it past MY22 for sure, and would not be surprised if it were actually removed for MY22. I think Ford wants this to be a "flagship" color for this launch, and I think Ford wants this color to be identified with this first relaunch year (MY21). I anticipate they will release a new "flashy color" for MY22 and therefore if you get CO MY21, you're lucky.

I'm also a bit surprised they're offering it on the Ranger, which contradicts my theory of CO being unique and special to the Bronco MY21 unfortunately...

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the picture accurately captured the metallic flake but the color slightly changes based on the angle of the sun vs shade. These pictures are pretty accurate but there were times when the color appeared slightly more yellow, especially the CO Ranger that was in the show room under the artificial lights. Unfortunately I didnā€™t get any pics of that one.
I had a 2013 Focus ST in Tangerine Scream, which is very close if not identical to CO. The colour does change with different lighting and viewing angles, and thatā€™s by design. Iā€™ll attempt to explain how it works using my example below.

I had to get a rear quarter replaced after being rear-ended and getting the panel to match the rest of the car in its subtle colour was very difficult. The body shop explained that the metal flake has to have the right ā€˜flopā€™, meaning it needs to all lie on top of the base CO paint in a random pattern, remembering that the tri-coat process applies the colour first, then the flake, then the clear coat. If the panel gets an electrostatic charge during painting the flake will become polarized and will have a dramatically different shade when viewed in different light or from different angles. This is unwanted, of course, but showed how significant the effect of the flake on the perceived colour really is.

Until they got it right the replacement quarter panel looked fine in the light (ie, the same perceived colour as the rest of the car), but distinctly different in shade when viewed in the garage. This was all due to the flake and how it was laying on the base CO layer.

When all is done properly, the result is very pleasing, of course. Besides CO, you can see this depth of colour in Tuxedo Black or any other tri-coat paint. Itā€™s the depth of the paint that is so impressive.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this one on the Ford PD campus last week. Don't think it's 97 (no number present on it) and the top looked darker than the 97 in Allen Park....

CyberOrange.jpeg
This looks acceptable! Thanks!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do believe there is an element of truth in your idea - although I'm not sure I could put a number on it.

As a 4-door Badlands non-Sas myself, I'm also feeling like going with CO would end up being a "rare" color. It's very clear that many folks do not like CO on 4-door vs. the 2-door (lots of comments about this) and also there is rather low interest in general for CO (compared to A51 for example). I think a standard 4dr Badlands CO truck is the 1 unique 4dr model where CO is amazing. OBX is too blah and the sasquatch wheels + tires just aren't the same appearance as stock BL wheels and tires.

I'm willing to bet that this color will not make it past MY22 for sure, and would not be surprised if it were actually removed for MY22. I think Ford wants this to be a "flagship" color for this launch, and I think Ford wants this color to be identified with this first relaunch year (MY21). I anticipate they will release a new "flashy color" for MY22 and therefore if you get CO MY21, you're lucky.

I'm also a bit surprised they're offering it on the Ranger, which contradicts my theory of CO being unique and special to the Bronco MY21 unfortunately...
Area 51 is the only color unique to the bronco line up....
I was hoping it would be cyber orange but has leaked over to the ranger and mustang

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a boatload of pictures on the site. Good old 97 is shown several times.
Yes, but there are very few that have been spotted since reports that the MIC hues were getting darker. And still very few good pics of badlands CO 4 door.

I've seen it in person. Taste is subjective but what I like about the MIC top is it matches the grille and fender flares of the Badlands.

On the Wildtrak, I think it will clash more with the black grille.

So, in point, if the trim you are looking at has a gray grille, it will look fine. If not, well it isn't ideal.

I'm getting a Badlands in this color. While Faux-range isn't my favorite color of all time, it is by far the best color available in MY2021 - and I'm not 100% sold we will get a kick-ass green for MY22. I think if there is a green, it will be a dark green which I don't want, either.

This is good to know, and I am 100% Badlands. If the MIC is close to the color of the flares, that will help me get a better idea of how well they play together, even without good pictures of the top.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Cyber Orange is almost assuredly a launch-color for Bronco (and slaved over to Ranger due to shared paint facilities). Yes it also launches with the electric Mustang where I believe it will be launch-only as well, with them both sharing the same first model year (MY21).

After the first year of production (2019) the 5g ranger lost "Hot Pepper Red" and "ingot Silver".

Of note: Hot Pepper Red was a very low take-rate color and replaced with the fleetwide color Lucid Red tri-coat. Lucid Red has now changed to the fleetwide standard color Rapid Red.

Ingot Silver was replaced fleetwide with Iconic Silver.

However, it's unusual for modern vehicles to have a bump in resale value based on low take-rate paint colors unless there is limited production, or they are sports cars with some historical pedigree to that color. CO might fall under that due to the low production numbers for MY21, but i'm guessing it doesn't have enough pedigree with the vehicle to do so unless some team takes a CO Bronco and wins all sorts of events and it becomes the color people associate with Bronco....

My personal guesses for MY22 paint color changes/modifications are mostly around removing the blatant duplication of colors:

• CO is replaced with a different cost paint option (tri-coat), possibly grabber blue or lime would be fantastic
  • AMB is replaced with a non-metallic heritage Bronco color from the 1960's
  • CG is replaced with a metallic heritage color from the 1980's
  • Rapid Red is removed from the paint line, but it's spot is dedicated to spraying only special edition(s).

Now, THAT being said, it's too many paint color changes so Ford will simply drop Race Red and add another shade of silver, because of COURSE we need a fourth silver! Have you seen the 2021 F150 color pallet? FIVE whites? I don't smoke crack, but if I did, I wouldn't choose those colors.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropping colors on anything that is not specific to the FE is really going to blow up in Ford's face. How can you remove colors knowing you are going to have a super limited 1st year production run? It is already enough of a pain in the ass having to build a Bronco that won't have clashing interior/exterior colors and try to stay within a budget. Perhaps if Ford allows those with 21MY reservations that get converted to 22MY to have access to 21MY colors it would make choices easier.

I really want a 4-door Badlands in CO built the way I want, I do not want to have to compromise and I shouldn't have to.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am gokmg
Dropping colors on anything that is not specific to the FE is really going to blow up in Ford's face. How can you remove colors knowing you are going to have a super limited 1st year production run? It is already enough of a pain in the ass having to build a Bronco that won't have clashing interior/exterior colors and try to stay within a budget. Perhaps if Ford allows those with 21MY reservations that get converted to 22MY to have access to 21MY colors it would make choices easier.

I really want a 4-door Badlands in CO built the way I want, I do not want to have to compromise and I shouldn't have to.
I would love to have my 21 MY reservation (2 door black diamond planned as Sasquatch with Black modular top) get the body tub painted cyber orange as a ā€˜21 and then parked on the back lot until 2022. Iā€™d switch the door handles, grill and top to white modular (heritage?) and be the only CO-W Bronco out there.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dropping colors on anything that is not specific to the FE is really going to blow up in Ford's face.

We already know that the Michigan assembly plant that makes Bronco and Ranger only has a maximum of 8 paint colors it can spray without down-time to re-jigger the paint booth. So the LB for 1st editions was probably intended to be one first production to shoot them all and exhaust their supply of the paint. Now with the interior changes and MY22 availability for some parts (roof, etc), i'm guessing that they will simply ship in painted bodies from a different painting facility rather than the factory down-time to load LB into the hopper for a few bodies....

As to you wanting everything the way you want it with no compromises. Good luck with that! You must live a charmed life, being touched by Nurgle and all. I never abandoned my father. (reference to users avatar, not a personal insult)

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread tenor[1]

tenor[1].gif

Last edited:

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have already had to make compromises to build a Bronco I could live with. I don't want you to think I feel entitled or anything but none of us should have to compromise to build the Bronco we want. I just hope Ford LISTENS to what the buyers want and fixes that for 22MY, starting with these interiors and the color specific handles, accents and stitching.

I never had to compromise when I special ordered my 2006 Silverado. Maybe Ford should have pushed the launch back to 22MY so that they could provide the Bronco that they hinted and teased at for so long.

Perhaps Ford could soften the 21MY blow by either providing a questionnaire for options we would like to see for 22MY or give a list of what WILL be changing for 22MY.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the heck? That ranger looks ORANGE?! Are we 100% sure that it's CO? If Bronco CO looks like that I'd be able to place my order today.... alas no dealers within 100 miles of me have anything in CO
Yep, I went up to the window of the truck and checked the sticker. It's Cyber Orange.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is anyone thinking Ford will have to push Cyber Orange to MY22 simply because of all the customers that want that color but donā€™t have a 7/14/;7/15 reservation?

Itā€™s starting to sound like if your dealer has a lot of reservations, you might not get your cyber orange in 2021....

Iā€™m a lucky 7/14 reservation thatā€™s #3 in line at my dealership, but I would rather wait until 2022 for a white top -but only if I can get it with Cyber Orange though. Iā€™m hoping Ford announces 2022 colors before the order deadline on Mar. 19th.
Sponsored