Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like it. My fear though would be that if you had any damage, the flake would never be able to be applied exactly the same so would throw the color off on the repaired panel. Probably the same for any paint with a lot of flake added in though.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Imagine like a $3,000 option where they paint your car any color you want.

not any factory Ford color.

imagine.

they make grabber lime mustangs... throw that on a bronco

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t think CO works on the Ranger. It’s another matter on the Bronco. Saw it up close at KOH and it absolutely pops in the sunshine. Even covered in sand and dust, the Bronco looked amazing in CO. I was starting to rethink my color choice until I saw it in person. CO looks like a winner!
There are a lot of colors that just don't work on a pickup truck configuration. Race Red for example, on trucks they always look like they should be massively sized fire rescue vehicles. Yet on 2-door Bronco or a Mustang it looks svelte and trim.

You always have to pick the color that goes well on what you're buying. Bronco itself looks different in some colors between 2-door and 4-door.

I didn't care for Ranger in CO. But that follows a number of other colors Ranger has come in which were not great on the truck that looked great elsewhere in Ford's lineup.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like it. My fear though would be that if you had any damage, the flake would never be able to be applied exactly the same so would throw the color off on the repaired panel. Probably the same for any paint with a lot of flake added in though.
I went through that with a rear quarter panel replacement on my 2013 Tangerine Scream tri-coat Focus ST. It is possible to get it right, but make sure you get a good body shop to do it. My guy spent a week and 3 attempts to get it right.

You need to get the flop of the flake right. I was told that is the hardest part as it is very dependent on not having any static electricity in the paint booth.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I were lucky enough to track down a Cyber Orange Ranger today at Dewey Ford in Ankeny, IA! WOW is all I can say - what a pretty and reactive color. The conditions while viewing it were 100% blue sky sun, zero clouds. 20 degrees (40 degrees warmer than this past weekend here in good 'ol Granger Motors country...)

I learned several things with my Ranger spotting:
  1. The biggest surprise to me was how much actual gold there seemed to be in this color! Everyone has commented on the "yellowness" of the color, but not so much the gold. This was an awesome surprise, that there was actually quite a bit of gold detectable from many viewing angles.
  2. What is said about "being more yellow than orange", is true, but that is fine by us. There's enough orange in it to make it not just yellow. A yellow Jeep drove by while we were standing there and THAT is yellow.
  3. Whoever says this color "is just school bus yellow", is dead ass wrong and I can prove it! It's actually tri-coat metallic School Bus Yellow ;) Ironically there were 2 F-450 chassis cabs in the lot and dammit if it doesn't look like they used "School Bus Yellow" for the base coat and turned it into a tri-coat metallic!
  4. Even with a little bit of road mist and dirt the brilliance of this color shines awesome and I think it's going to wear dirt well. Literally. I think it actually looks more orange in some of the dirtier sections we saw.
  5. Angle and lighting conditions are everything. When standing in front of the vehicle with sun blasting over our shoulders, it appeared bright shimmering orange-yellow with golden hints, and the metallic nature was very apparent. When standing "downwind" of the sun or facing into the sun from behind the vehicle, the color shifted to VERY GOLDEN! Which I thought was spectacular and awesome. You can see this in some of my pictures.
  6. "Cyber" Orange seems more of a fitting name after seeing in person and experiencing the shiftiness and dynamics of the color. Makes me think of something Cyber I guess...
  7. This is hands-down the color we're getting. This color will stand out and look classy for many years to come, and although shared with Bronco Sport and Ranger, it seems like the most "unique" color for the '21 model year
Please enjoy the pictures we took. IMPORTANT NOTE: After seeing in person, my photos do reflect what my brain thought it saw, when viewing the pictures on a good quality iPad set to full brightness and "night mode" turned off.

Do NOT look at these pictures on a crappy old computer monitor and expect to truly understand what the color looks like. Use a good quality mobile device.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6328.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6329.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6330.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6331.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6332.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6333.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6334.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6336.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6337.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6338.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6339.JPG

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6340.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6341.JPG

And now - what y'all have been waiting for. The regular 'ol School Bus Yellow. Let the "Short Bus" jokes begin...
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6345.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6343.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6344.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6346.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6348.JPG
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_6349.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting those pictures! So many of the Cyber Orange pics have been under gray, cloudy skies. Those photos make it look awesome.
I've ordered a C.O. Badlands, and I think it's going to look amazing in the brilliant Arizona sun!

I even reserved a personalized plate for it today;

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1613790116491

I hope people get it...

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through that with a rear quarter panel replacement on my 2013 Tangerine Scream tri-coat Focus ST. It is possible to get it right, but make sure you get a good body shop to do it. My guy spent a week and 3 attempts to get it right.

You need to get the flop of the flake right. I was told that is the hardest part as it is very dependent on not having any static electricity in the paint booth.
On top of static, temperature and humidity make the “flake” lay differently. I have not dealt with it in a while, but I had some really tough situations as a claims adjuster working with shops and customers to get three stage paints to match. BTW, all three stage (and two stage metallic) lay differently on different bases. Different plastics and metal will look very different on the same vehicle, sprayed at the same time. The lower 1/4 panel plastic trim displays this on the Bronco regularly in person and in pictures.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On top of static, temperature and humidity make the “flake” lay differently. I have not dealt with it in a while, but I had some really tough situations as a claims adjuster working with shops and customers to get three stage paints to match. BTW, all three stage (and two stage metallic) lay differently on different bases. Different plastics and metal will look very different on the same vehicle, sprayed at the same time. The lower 1/4 panel plastic trim displays this on the Bronco regularly in person and in pictures.
Good points, thanks for the reminder. My guy did mention more than just the static but I forgot about those other key considerations.

He was very frustrated with the rear quarter respray on my ST. We would pick the car up in the bright daylight sun, say “yup, looks awesome”, then when we put it in the garage and had a look, it was noticeably different in hue. As I said, this guy was a perfectionist (and a Ford guy) so he made sure it got done right.

If I have any issues with my CO Badlands I’ll know where to go!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Adding my little bit of analysis: Cyber Orange compared to 1970 Caramel Bronze Metallic and Chrome Yellow. Bought cans of all three and this is what I have:

Net takeaway: CO is more Orange - especially the base coat, but in some cloudy light can seem Caramel Bronze, and in bright sunlight can flash Chrome Yellow. It is unique from both, yet dynamic enough to lean either way...

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 3 Bronco Colors

Edit: and yes it is hard to get the flake right. I couldn't get it like I saw in the dealer lot, but it is close enough for hue comparisons with the 1970 colors.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I were lucky enough to track down a Cyber Orange Ranger today at Dewey Ford in Ankeny, IA! WOW is all I can say - what a pretty and reactive color. The conditions while viewing it were 100% blue sky sun, zero clouds. 20 degrees (40 degrees warmer than this past weekend here in good 'ol Granger Motors country...)

I learned several things with my Ranger spotting:
  1. The biggest surprise to me was how much actual gold there seemed to be in this color! Everyone has commented on the "yellowness" of the color, but not so much the gold. This was an awesome surprise, that there was actually quite a bit of gold detectable from many viewing angles.
  2. What is said about "being more yellow than orange", is true, but that is fine by us. There's enough orange in it to make it not just yellow. A yellow Jeep drove by while we were standing there and THAT is yellow.
  3. Whoever says this color "is just school bus yellow", is dead ass wrong and I can prove it! It's actually tri-coat metallic School Bus Yellow ;) Ironically there were 2 F-450 chassis cabs in the lot and dammit if it doesn't look like they used "School Bus Yellow" for the base coat and turned it into a tri-coat metallic!
  4. Even with a little bit of road mist and dirt the brilliance of this color shines awesome and I think it's going to wear dirt well. Literally. I think it actually looks more orange in some of the dirtier sections we saw.
  5. Angle and lighting conditions are everything. When standing in front of the vehicle with sun blasting over our shoulders, it appeared bright shimmering orange-yellow with golden hints, and the metallic nature was very apparent. When standing "downwind" of the sun or facing into the sun from behind the vehicle, the color shifted to VERY GOLDEN! Which I thought was spectacular and awesome. You can see this in some of my pictures.
  6. "Cyber" Orange seems more of a fitting name after seeing in person and experiencing the shiftiness and dynamics of the color. Makes me think of something Cyber I guess...
  7. This is hands-down the color we're getting. This color will stand out and look classy for many years to come, and although shared with Bronco Sport and Ranger, it seems like the most "unique" color for the '21 model year
Please enjoy the pictures we took. IMPORTANT NOTE: After seeing in person, my photos do reflect what my brain thought it saw, when viewing the pictures on a good quality iPad set to full brightness and "night mode" turned off.

Do NOT look at these pictures on a crappy old computer monitor and expect to truly understand what the color looks like. Use a good quality mobile device.

And now - what y'all have been waiting for. The regular 'ol School Bus Yellow. Let the "Short Bus" jokes begin...
I had these exact same reactions when I saw CO in person. The shimmering gold really jumped out at me from multiple angles in both the sun and clouds. I absolutely LOVE this color!

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding my little bit of analysis: Cyber Orange compared to 1970 Caramel Bronze Metallic and Chrome Yellow. Bought cans of all three and this is what I have:

Net takeaway: CO is more Orange - especially the base coat, but in some cloudy light can seem Caramel Bronze, and in bright sunlight can flash Chrome Yellow. It is unique from both, yet dynamic enough to lean either way...

Edit: and yes it is hard to get the flake right. I couldn't get it like I saw in the dealer lot, but it is close enough for hue comparisons with the 1970 colors.
Thanks! That is really interesting.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had these exact same reactions when I saw CO in person. The shimmering gold really jumped out at me from multiple angles in both the sun and clouds. I absolutely LOVE this color!
Thanks for that additional confirmation! Sometimes I think I'm crazy :geek:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tip for getting the pearls/flakes to lay right:
Ground the vehicle by attaching a chain or large-gauge wire (set of jumper cables works) from the chassis to a ground stud/rod (not a powered outlet, please).
Air pressure generally in the 25-35psi at the gun range.
Apply a 2-3 medium coats but not too heavy, allowing 15 minutes or so flash time between (hand slick method also applies, meaning when you put your hand/finger on the masking material no paint comes off). Gun distance typically 8-10".
Get real sunlight-quality light to look at it. If not available, roll around Sun Lamps are available and are handy for many uses other than painting (buffing, grilling, cooking on a Blackstone before dawn, etc) because a lot of them are rechargeable, making them very, very handy to have it for use without worrying about cords.
Any blotchiness you see, increase air pressure a bit, back off of the panel to about 12-16" away, fan a "drop coat" on lightly and evenly. Repeat the inspection with the suncolored lighting.

I've only painted one thing (a set of appliances of all things in 1950's era pink) in the past 5 years without some sort of flake or pearl in it (or both).
Painted an Acura TL last summer with 6 different pearls in a mid-coat over top of a factory flake base.
Aside from many Jeep tops done in either matte black or bedliner.

Back on topic though, I've painted so much yellow in my life I can't do the CO for my own vehicle. It is a brilliant, dynamic, and beautiful color and I am sure a lot of you choosing it will be very happy and impressed.
It will go well with matte black accents and even gunmetal grey accents (or is carbonized grey the new appropriate term?).
Especially when clean and bright.
I do recommend a quality Ceramic coating on the whole thing soon after getting it.
Wash it, Clay bar the vehicle, wash it again, follow the instructions on the coating to a "T". Or have it done somewhere that does it professionally.
I can't cheer on the use of it enough.
It's not indestructible armor, but it does protect paint better than a wax, and shines better, longer.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me it looked orange. To my mom it looked gold. I'm all in, kind of have to be as I already submitted my order, BL CO.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks! That is really interesting.
Here's my parking lot pic on top, and your's on the bottom compared to the two old colors:
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Bronco Colors 3
Sponsored