Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tip for getting the pearls/flakes to lay right:
Ground the vehicle by attaching a chain or large-gauge wire (set of jumper cables works) from the chassis to a ground stud/rod (not a powered outlet, please).
Air pressure generally in the 25-35psi at the gun range.
Apply a 2-3 medium coats but not too heavy, allowing 15 minutes or so flash time between (hand slick method also applies, meaning when you put your hand/finger on the masking material no paint comes off). Gun distance typically 8-10".
Get real sunlight-quality light to look at it. If not available, roll around Sun Lamps are available and are handy for many uses other than painting (buffing, grilling, cooking on a Blackstone before dawn, etc) because a lot of them are rechargeable, making them very, very handy to have it for use without worrying about cords.
Any blotchiness you see, increase air pressure a bit, back off of the panel to about 12-16" away, fan a "drop coat" on lightly and evenly. Repeat the inspection with the suncolored lighting.

I've only painted one thing (a set of appliances of all things in 1950's era pink) in the past 5 years without some sort of flake or pearl in it (or both).
Painted an Acura TL last summer with 6 different pearls in a mid-coat over top of a factory flake base.
Aside from many Jeep tops done in either matte black or bedliner.

Back on topic though, I've painted so much yellow in my life I can't do the CO for my own vehicle. It is a brilliant, dynamic, and beautiful color and I am sure a lot of you choosing it will be very happy and impressed.
It will go well with matte black accents and even gunmetal grey accents (or is carbonized grey the new appropriate term?).
Especially when clean and bright.
I do recommend a quality Ceramic coating on the whole thing soon after getting it.
Wash it, Clay bar the vehicle, wash it again, follow the instructions on the coating to a "T". Or have it done somewhere that does it professionally.
I can't cheer on the use of it enough.
It's not indestructible armor, but it does protect paint better than a wax, and shines better, longer.
Can you recommend a specific brand of coating you like?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you recommend a specific brand of coating you like?
Amazon.com: High Gloss 9H 3D Diamond Hardness nano super ceramic automotive coating car kit,Hocossy Anti-Scratch Super Hydrophobic Liquid Pro Premium Ceramic Car Coating Paint Sealant Protection-30ml: Automotive

This is the best I have found in a decent price-point.
I have not tried the high-end stuff as of yet (just started really experimenting with it maybe 18 months ago).
But the spray-on hybrid wax stuff on the parts store counters don't seem to be as user-friendly or last as long as this one.
I apply it to my black 2019 Z71 about every 6 months. I live and work on gravel roads, so it's not a pavement princess by any means.

Prior to trying this I always used Griot's Garage show wax. That and Meguairs 26 yellow wax are the two best in my opinion on waxes...

Last edited:

David Morales

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had these exact same reactions when I saw CO in person. The shimmering gold really jumped out at me from multiple angles in both the sun and clouds. I absolutely LOVE this color!
well I hope police don’t mind 1 extra cyber orange vehicle on the beach
W

AA56384F-8705-46DE-9E28-CEDA8A1EB2DC.jpeg

Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they remove CO for 2022, we riot. With all the delays and the shortened production for MY21, it would be pretty shady of Ford to yank the color they used in most of their marketing.

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Photoshopped from a red bronco pic but I think it's close to cyber orange. These are 35" tires with 17" rims. I blacked out the windshield surround which I think gives the greenhouse a mean look. I can't decide if I like the side stripe or not. Might be something to mock up with this thing arrives. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Bronco Badlands(1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are there any Cyber Orange 2022 devotees that are interested to see how Yellowstone looks in pictures of actual Broncos before making a decision?

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Photoshopped from a red bronco pic but I think it's close to cyber orange. These are 35" tires with 17" rims. I blacked out the windshield surround which I think gives the greenhouse a mean look. I can't decide if I like the side stripe or not. Might be something to mock up with this thing arrives. Thoughts?
I really like this! Nice work!

JBMontclair

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4 Door - BD - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sweet graphics, although I wonder if the Bronco lettering would be better on the back as from this angle the grill and front quarter lettering hit the eye together. As a CO Black Diamond owner that isn't far from this build already, I've been thinking it needs something like what you've mocked up on the side to give it added pop. Also thinking about something with a retro feel, but unsure how it will look with its curves. My Bronco has the soft-top and the brush bars added to the front, but otherwise close to this. Not sure how the blacked out surround looks with the top off, it may work as the side mirrors and the plastic section on the hood are black... but then again the roll cage is orange too and that might have to get changed as well to complete the picture.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Didn't see it mentioned yet but Cyber Orange Tricoat was extended to the Base Bronco for 2022 and is now available at every level.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Badlands(1).jpg
As a Cyber Orange owner, I don't think it's anywhere near CO but I love that! lol

Is that a side stripe available somewhere? love it
Sponsored