Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just found out that my Bronco was damaged on the train or during the unloading process. Dealer says they (Ford?) are asking if I want the vehicle after it is repaired, or if I want to re-order (hahaha lmao).

--Estimate of 1 month to get the parts and repair
--"Ford does not provide any price concessions in cases like this as the vehicle will be repaired to new condition and the repair does not show on history report."
--Looks like nothing "major"; right front fender and grille. Bumper also appears to be scratched.

I still want the vehicle assuming everything is made right... What questions should I be asking, anything I'm overlooking, anyone with experience here?

GreenBroncoFender1.jpg

GreenBroncoFender2.jpg
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Think of this like a insurance repair. They will make it right. When you receive the Bronco, look it all over to ensure it is to your liking.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If one re-orders, does order take priority and with same price protection?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a unicorn WIltrak build. Assuming you have price protection on the build, I'd snap it up and ask Ford and the Dealer to kick in some accessories and a sweet finance rate for your troubles. Costs them almost nothing and you get a few niceties. This all assumes it actually got taken care of by a well-respected shot that can actually paint metallic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UFO_Squatch

UFO_Squatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wouldnt hold your breath
Yeah I didn't get the feeling there was going any priority given, but haven't asked explicitly. The dealer comment was "Unfortunately if you re-order we do not know the timeline."

OP
OP
UFO_Squatch

UFO_Squatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like a unicorn WIltrak build. Assuming you have price protection on the build, I'd snap it up and ask Ford and the Dealer to kick in some accessories and a sweet finance rate for your troubles. Costs them almost nothing and you get a few niceties. This all assumes it actually got taken care of by a well-respected shot that can actually paint metallic.
Yeah, good point on the build... Not sure I'd even be able to reorder this same configuration in '23.
Can't hurt to ask for some goodies, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind me walking away from it for the potential markup to be made.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn’t adjust the price because they don’t own the vehicle. The dealership can alter the price due to the damage that was repaired. My dealer offered a Mach 1 Mustang at a discount due to it required a paint scratch repair. Good luck.

OP
OP
UFO_Squatch

UFO_Squatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get in writing that all parts will be OEM - not insurance quality replacements.
I could definitely be wrong here, but would assume they couldn't sell it as new with anything other than OEM parts. But a valid concern that I didn't think about

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn’t adjust the price because they don’t own the vehicle. The dealership can alter the price due to the damage that was repaired. My dealer offered a Mach 1 Mustang at a discount due to it required a paint scratch repair. Good luck.
Interesting point. Where do Ford and the dealer document the FOB point in the sale? I'd think it's FOB dealership, not MAP since Ford directly scheduels and arranges all shipping, not the individual delaership.

Ford Bronco Damaged In-transit 1677015911135
Sponsored