First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Black top is so much better than grey, any color you select!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just saw the same pictures on the Bronco site at Ford.com, this is very encouraging that the MIC Black hard top is either the final hardtop roof or an option!

This looks soooo much better!
Haven't those pics been up since launch? I wouldn't get your hopes up

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoGuy do you know what the logic was for choosing the gray over black MIC top?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these photos are accurate and indeed the hardtop is a black plastic instead of the hideous grey it would most likely save me some hefty cash.
I prefer to stay with the Black diamond trim but to get the painted black HT I would need to jump up to the BL...

come on Ford...don’t do me wrong...?

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The gray top is hideous. I really hope Ford picks up on this one. "If you think you hate it now, wait till you drive it."

Ford Bronco Dark Hardtop MIC 1601466353259

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There has been no talk about another color change so everything we've been making for the pre-production builds for the last couple months is the same color as you'll see once production kicks off in March.
I'm going to quote this. Seems like people are either missing this or have their head in the sand hoping for the best.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
The gray top is hideous. I really hope Ford picks up on this one. "If you think you hate it now, wait till you drive it."

Ford Bronco Dark Hardtop MIC 1601466353259
If Ford wont let me order a black top, I'll get it painted.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's only one place these tops are being made and that plant has never made a black MIC top.

There's a slight chance that very early on they were experimenting with different colors, but that was a one off and hasn't been done again.
Well that sucks...that ended that.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can’t even get their pre production vehicles correct.
These are trial pre-production units. As a retired FORD employee from the Wayne plants, I am not worried. They are early in the trial pre-production process. They are a long way/months from Job #1. We are seeing the first units to come off the line. The Broncos that we see at events were not even build at MAP. It is possible some of the Bronco bodies are from the Pilot/New Model plant delivered to MAP for trial runs through the system. Because the Bronco is going down the same line as the Ranger, it has to pass through numerous stations from bodyshop, paint, trim, final assembly that had to be retooled to handle the new model. Some of the changes may still be in process. During the production and tooling tryouts especially in the trim and final areas, parts that fit and not trim (BL, OB, etc.) specific are used to complete and test the Bronco build process. Many of the parts that are unique to the Bronco are not even in the vendor production JIT steam to the plant and are made available from vendor part tooling tryouts as the Bronco trial units are inserted into the Ranger production. The trial units are walked through the system by launch personnel to train the line operator, ensure the process, note problems, make changes and corrections as needed. There will be more engineering changes before Job #1 and more after as the build process is streamlined. In the end the final production version will not satisfy 100% of the customers in 100% of every aspect (gray/black MIC roof) of the Bronco. If white is not available I will take gray or grey for some! The fact that we get to see these pre-production units even with mismatched trims and materials somewhat helps bridge the wait until units start hitting the streets. Knowing that most early customers will not be able see the Bronco in person, to touch, sit in or drive one before ordering is a testament to Bronco story. I saw both Bronco and Sport in person and even noting pre-production imperfections, I look forward to my Bronco Badlands and supporting the personal at Wayne/ISA/Michigan Assembly. I am not planning on being disappointed.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen prototypes driving around town and the color of the top matches quite nicely. They are not that weird gray color. Pic isn't great, I was driving, so you'll just have to trust me, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Ford Bronco Dark Hardtop MIC Screenshot (1926)
Agreed. Carbonized Gray is almost black and will match the MIC/Unpainted fender flares.
Sponsored