Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried an option I got off amazon last night and it had way too much shake - the iPhone worked hard to stabilize but not good enough. I think the biggest issue is the bar that holds the bracket. If could stabilize more somehow it could work - when I braced it a bit with my hand it worked pretty well. ideas???

IMG_9009.JPG
I purchased the system from TackForm, they are the people Ford had do all the original off road setups for the Media. Since I have the iPhone with Magsafe I bought the magnetic charging model.

https://www.tackform.com/collection...roducts/dash-phone-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco

tempImagemkLpq8.png

tempImagefp1JMP.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased the system from TackForm, they are the people Ford had do all the original off road setups for the Media. Since I have the iPhone with Magsafe I bought the magnetic charging model.

https://www.tackform.com/collection...roducts/dash-phone-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco

View attachment 164104

View attachment 164105
Ah awesome - thank you! Can you position enough so the camera lenses aren't blocked I'm assuming? Tomahawk would be ideal but I see it's sold out. One other question - have you shot any video from camera with it? I'm concerned the two pieces holding the bracket will vibrate quite a lot but if you have done and it is totally stable cause of material etc then I'll buy this right now. Would love to see if you have some video.!!

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’re very easy and cheap to make. I’m certain the aftermarket will have tons of overpriced options to be had in every anodized color you could want.
Race Red Rail!

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah awesome - thank you! Can you position enough so the camera lenses aren't blocked I'm assuming? Tomahawk would be ideal but I see it's sold out. One other question - have you shot any video from camera with it? I'm concerned the two pieces holding the bracket will vibrate quite a lot but if you have done and it is totally stable cause of material etc then I'll buy this right now. Would love to see if you have some video.!!
My build week is next week!
I've played around with it and added different cameras and phones, haven't installed yet, sorry.

Mg

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build week is next week!
I've played around with it and added different cameras and phones, haven't installed yet, sorry.

Mg
All good - the size of it seems like it could be heavy enough to be sturdy. Also the fact that you can lean it and the bottom of the MagSafe one you have could rest on the dash in front of it might also give the support required to keep it from shaking. Exciting on the build front you will be so happy. Post a vid when you get it so we can see the mount in action. I might not be able to wait anyway ha.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I happened upon a perfect solution that checks all the boxes for me.

I have an old GoPro hero4 so found a $6 tripod mount at best buy that converts the GoPro adapters to traditional 1/4 which is the accessory shoe. (Platinum - attached if you're into that kind of thing). I noticed something called Joby GripTight Smart that is actually for something else and realized it is exactly what I need. A bracket that holds the phone right at the accessory mount instead of extra extenders / bars which create the terrible shake. I added a little rubber washer to allow it to tighten in the direction I want.

* Under $20
* holds iPhone portrait or landscape
* locked down at the shoe, so no shake w/ the iphone in-camera stabilizer as extra help.

Wide lens is way to go. looks better, no shake.

iphone 4K WIDE lens:

GoPro Hero4 (platinum mount) solid if you want gopro mount - not bad for same reason - it's screwed down tight right at the shoe.

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? Joby Grip Tight Smart BestBuy.JPG

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? Joby Grip Tight Smart 3.JPG

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? Joby Grip Tight Smart 1.JPG

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? Platinum GoPro Mount BestBuy.PNG

Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? Platinum GP Mount.JPG

Last edited:

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GREAT NEWS - I happened upon a perfect solution that checks all the boxes for me. And it was by mistake.

I have an old GoPro hero4 so found a $6 tripod mount at best buy that converts the GoPro adapters to traditional 1/4 which is the accessory shoe. (Platinum - attached if you're into that kind of thing). I noticed something called Joby GripTight Smart that is actually for something else and realized it is exactly what I need. A bracket that holds the phone right at the accessory mount instead of extra extenders / bars which create the terrible shake. I added a little rubber washer to allow it to tighten in the direction I want.

* Under $20
* locked down at the shoe, so no shake w/ the iphone in-camera stabilizer as extra help.

Yeah the Picatinny is solid but it's more than I need - I just want something to throw on impromptu and this is just that. Wide lens is way to go. looks better, no shake, and medium also just looks slow. I added a couple examples - you'll see a back alley that is absolutely riddled with potholes in both of them. You're welcome Joby.

iphone 4K WIDE lens: (about :40 in is the pot hole alley)

iphone 4K MEDIUM lens - for reference, not stabilized enough and looks sloooow.

GoPro Hero4 (platinum mount) solid if you want gopro mount - not bad for same reason - it's screwed down tight right at the shoe.

Enjoy... glad I dont have to think about this anymore and don't have to use the gopro. Next up... tracking with mavic air 2 .

Lol who you gonna call?!
Ford Bronco Dash Accessory / Picatinny rail news? 1630208971400

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happened upon a perfect solution that checks all the boxes for me.

* Under $20

Wide lens is way to go. looks better, no shake.

iphone 4K WIDE lens:

Does the Joby mount come with the screw to screw it into the dash?
Sponsored