Sponsored

DEALER CHANGING PRIORITY CODE TO 99 ON PURPOSE?

Rdslams

Big Bend
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade 2016 and Jeep Compass 2017
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I went into my dealer today to remove the tow package in hopes of swaying my chances into getting a bronco sooner. I thought I had chosen that package, but I actually didn't lol. So the sales rep just ended up giving me an updated order sheet instead. I found my old one and compared the two and the biggest difference was the priority code on the newer is set to 99. Last time I knew code 99 meant do not build? The first order paper I received had a priority code set at 19 and I did not tell anyone to change it. I also ordered asap back in October when that opened. Anyone ever have this situation before and if so, thoughts? I'd hate to assume but maybe, just maybe, my dealer could purposely be prioritizing certain orders first now? Wouldn't be the craziest shit ever posted on here especially with all the weirdness going on with these ford dealers. Or could have something happened today and code switched by itself? Either way thanks for reading and any advice on this one would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20220308-174710_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220308-174625_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rdslams

Big Bend
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some more context; the two pictures posted are of my orders to show proof of change and I also hid the dealer to protect them if I am wrong about this situation or right.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As it stands today Richie, your vehicle doesn't have a chance of being picked for build with that status. If you in fact want this vehicle then you might think about having another conversation with your dealer and getting that changed to a buildable PC, post haste.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

March back in there and tell them to UN-99 that shiz!

mhblueyz

Badlands
First Name
Mariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT Rocky Ridge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember seeing a deadline late last year that if orders for MY21 were not converted to MY22 Ford was going to 99 all 2021 orders remaining in their system. Maybe that’s what happened here? Maybe they never placed your October update? Did you get a new order sheet with the change in October?

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I wrote about this at length when Ford added allocations in 2020. It was fully expected that a percentage (probably not huge) of dealers would 99 orders so that they could push their preferred reservations ahead (ADM payers) by 99'ing earlier timestamps, there would be no way for them to get caught. It was expected to get even worse when Ford ended the "all reservations built before dealer stock". Since a dealer could 99 even a non constrained build and get a dealer stock unit even if a matching reservation order was at that dealer.

Again, I don't think it would be widespread, but with 3300 or so Ford dealers all hungry for any sales, it will happen. Doesn't mean it happened to you, but odds are is it happening to someone.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I wrote about this at length when Ford added allocations in 2020. It was fully expected that a percentage (probably not huge) of dealers would 99 orders so that they could push their preferred reservations ahead (ADM payers) by 99'ing earlier timestamps, there would be no way for them to get caught. It was expected to get even worse when Ford ended the "all reservations built before dealer stock". Since a dealer could 99 even a non constrained build and get a dealer stock unit even if a matching reservation order was at that dealer.

Again, I don't think it would be widespread, but with 3300 or so Ford dealers all hungry for any sales, it will happen. Doesn't mean it happened to you, but odds are is it happening to someone.
Dealerships have ways to heat the system for their benefit! AbsoF'nluteleee!

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On all my orders/changes, when my dealer showed me the preview order form you shared it always was in "99" status. After I signed off that they had made the changes I wanted they then changed the status to the appropriate priority code. Maybe your dealer is doing the same thing?

OP
OP

Rdslams

Big Bend
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I remember seeing a deadline late last year that if orders for MY21 were not converted to MY22 Ford was going to 99 all 2021 orders remaining in their system. Maybe that’s what happened here? Maybe they never placed your October update? Did you get a new order sheet with the change in October?
Yeah I know for a fact I messaged my sales rep at the time and told them about this and that they would do this. Never got a new sheet since it was over text. Starting to think they didn't! Or they are playing favorites. Either way about to call tomorrow!

OP
OP

Rdslams

Big Bend
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As it stands today Richie, your vehicle doesn't have a chance of being picked for build with that status. If you in fact want this vehicle then you might think about having another conversation with your dealer and getting that changed to a buildable PC, post haste.
I am gonna do that tm. Thank you!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rdslams

Big Bend
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sadly I agree 100%

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, to be perfectly clear, Priority Code 99 still effectively means "DO NOT BUILD", it has been that way for years.

It's getting to the point that one needs to know all the ins and outs of the ordering system AND have a contract with the dealer addressing all of those concerns .... just to order and purchase a vehicle!
This is exactly why the dealership model will come to an end, probably sooner rather than later.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd prefer to think this than something more nefarious. I mean, if you ordered an MY21 on Oct 1, you'd still have had to re-order an MY22 later in the month. Based on what I've seen posted here over the last year, I'd guess there is more than one dealer out there that figured Ford switching the order to an MY22 was good enough and didn't realize it was also 99ed and required manual intervention. Something they may have realized and quietly corrected when you showed up to update your order.
Sponsored