Sponsored

Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I don't visit that other forum... no interest. Do they even allow open discussions about questionable dealer practices like this over there?
There's not much discussion at all from what I've seen. Hard to get all 6 of them online at the same time.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They shouldn't even ask for a deposit in December. You shouldn't have to put up anymore money until you are driving off of the lot with the Bronco.
Well, as I am commited to purchase when I place the order (as long as the vehicle received is what I ordered) I am not adverse to a small 'good faith deposit', but not before. Depends on if we place the order thru Ford's website, or with the dealer.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Aww man... are we going to have an interbronco rivalry with the other people now?
You may want to read the thread,"Addressing Bronco Nation Friction" originally posted by irv0735 (Nate). Nate has done a tremendous job in photographing the Colorado bronco and asking-on behalf of all of us-a ton of relevant questions from the ford rep there. Unfortunately his experience with BroncoNation at the Colorado event, or more appropriately, his treatment by them speaks for itself. You may want to read it in order to be better informed about the issues and have a better understanding about the "other people" as you call them.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may want to read the thread,"Addressing Bronco Nation Friction" originally posted by irv0735 (Nate). Nate has done a tremendous job in photographing the Colorado bronco and asking-on behalf of all of us-a ton of relevant questions from the ford rep there. Unfortunately his experience with BroncoNation at the Colorado event, or more appropriately, his treatment by them speaks for itself. You may want to read it in order to be better informed about the issues and have a better understanding about the "other people" as you call them.
Reading through it now. I evidently went to bed too early and missed it :LOL:

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy I'm working with at my local dealership said there will be a $500 deposit at time of order in December. I've seen a couple mentions of deposits at time of order being normal. The OPs email mentioned $400 to complete the order. That might just mean in December at time of order, they'll need $400 more for the deposit on top the $100 reservation they already have ?‍♂

Also, personal question, is a deposit normal when placing a new car order? and does it go towards the purchase price in the end?
To start with, this needing $400 to complete the order is misleading at best (and more like total BS). They are implying that this is some sort of normal requirement for Ford's ordering process, and that's just not true.

It's not necessarily uncommon for a dealer to want some sort of deposit prior to ordering a vehicle for a customer. This helps ensure that you are unlikely to back out at the last minute and leave them with another car on the lot that they may not be able to sell as easily. However, that is 100% not the issue here. A dealer is going to have no problem selling a Bronco on their lot - and would probably have no problem charging a sizable markup to sell it to someone without a reservation. There is absolutely no reason I can think of why a dealer would need any additional deposit to order your Bronco - and certainly not this far in advance of when orders can actually be placed.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To start with, this needing $400 to complete the order is misleading at best (and more like total BS). They are implying that this is some sort of normal requirement for Ford's ordering process, and that's just not true.

It's not necessarily uncommon for a dealer to want some sort of deposit prior to ordering a vehicle for a customer. This helps ensure that you are unlikely to back out at the last minute and leave them with another car on the lot that they may not be able to sell as easily. However, that is 100% not the issue here. A dealer is going to have no problem selling a Bronco on their lot - and would probably have no problem charging a sizable markup to sell it to someone without a reservation. There is absolutely no reason I can think of why a dealer would need any additional deposit to order your Bronco - and certainly not this far in advance of when orders can actually be placed.
THIS x10000000000

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that you were doing your research. Good thing you didn't have anything questionable open. ?. So we have a spectrum, from the Granger Gold Standard 1300 off invoice to this guy asking for more money to move your order ahead.

Ford Bronco Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation. Untitled

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is absurd and they should be ashamed of themselves.

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could always tell them YOU’RE going to need a sweet leather duffel bag and two coffee mugs to advance the order into the “let’s talk price” phase.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that you were doing your research. Good thing you didn't have anything questionable open. ?. So we have a spectrum, from the Granger Gold Standard 1300 off invoice to this guy asking for more money to move your order ahead.

Ford Bronco Dealer just requested another $400 to advance my reservation. Untitled
I double checked that

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply and educate me. It looks like the cost of shipping from from Stephens in WV might be worth it to do business with someone who appears to be transparent and competitive on their pricing. Thanks again everyone.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,
Brand new to the forum, recently placed a reservation with Ravenel Ford in Ravenel SC. Just received an email from them requesting another $400 to continue the reservation process. They also say they can't commit to X plan pricing. Thinking of moving my reservation. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Thanks in advance.
Transfer your reservation now! Their Bull$hi*ing you! You don't need to put anymore $ down until you receive your vehicle. Find a dealer in your area that will confirm accepting X Plan pricing and go with them. I'm sure you'll be able to find one. Or go with Grainger Ford in Iowa?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And, what . . . "print and sign and return to my email"???? How exactly is that done?
Actually, that part can be done if they send a PDF file. You use the pen tool and email it back. I've done that for insurance binders.
Sponsored