Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would imagine many folks are going to need to finance their Bronco. What happens if you throw down the added deposit and then you aren’t able to secure financing when it gets delivered?

Apologies if this was already covered. I won’t be butt hurt if you guys drag me through the sage bush ?
You don't buy and you get your $$$ back.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would imagine many folks are going to need to finance their Bronco. What happens if you throw down the added deposit and then you aren’t able to secure financing when it gets delivered?

Apologies if this was already covered. I won’t be butt hurt if you guys drag me through the sage bush ?
Reputable dealers will refund the deposit depending on the sale agreement signed upon ordering.

More importantly, however, if ones credit and/or finances are questionable enough that they don't know whether or not they would actually get approved on a loan for $30k+ rig then they probably shouldn't be shopping for one. I would suggest talking with your bank before proceeding.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reputable dealers will refund the deposit depending on the sale agreement signed upon ordering.

More importantly, however, if ones credit and/or finances are questionable enough that they don't know whether or not they would actually get approved on a loan for $30k+ rig then they probably shouldn't be shopping for one. I would suggest talking with your bank before proceeding.
I guess I should have been more specific....what happens to that Bronco? Do they release it into the wild? I’d imagine the dealer can’t be penalized for that, by Ford, because it was through no fault of the dealer that the customer couldn’t take delivery of their Bronco.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I should have been more specific....what happens to that Bronco? Do they release it into the wild? I’d imagine the dealer can’t be penalized for that, by Ford, because it was through no fault of the dealer that the customer couldn’t take delivery of their Bronco.
Dealer sells it off of their lot. Ford will allow for a percentage of orders not being delivered due to life events before the penalties kick in.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if this is old news, but I just talked to my dealer and during the course of the conversation the fact that some folks may not buy when the vehicle comes in leaving the dealer to sell it off the lot came up. He said he didn't know what was going to happen with that.....that Ford was really tightening down on it and didn't want that to happen. so now they are going to require a commitment (deposit) from the customer to ensure that they were serious about buying the car. I personally have no problem with that...seems fair to me, but I thought it a bit strange that Ford is taking that position. Thoughts anyone?
Ford made it clear to dealers that it was in their best interested to turned orders into customer hands. Probably so they didn't have a number of their employee's "reserve" one just to give it to the dealership for them to sell and mark up the crap out of it. Leaving real customers waiting for their orders.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You drive a Kia Soul, There is much you will never understand.
LOL That the best you got?

I've driven everything from an M2A2 Bradley IFV to a Kia Soul. That includes the two Broncos I rebuilt from the ground up, my CBR 1000 and my Peterbilt. And dozens of hot rods and big trucks in between.

When you've subdued an armed gunman with your bare hands while he and his partner are tryin' to gun down three kids then you can talk to me about understanding why a guy with a prosthetic might be drivin' a Kia Soul in the city.

You don't know me. Seems like you don't know much.

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, I'm just gonna get pedantic for a bit. Since you accused me of getting "technical".

The order of classification is:

Vehicle
--- Carriage
--- Aeroplane
--- Rail
--- Aquatic
--- Organic

We're only interested in the first one for this conversation. And we only really care how it is classified in the U.S.

Now, a metric butt tonne of English Intellectuals will want to tell you that the word "Car" comes from the Latin carrus/carrum which means "Wheeled Vehicle". But we don't really need to go that far back, do we?

Carriages are the buggies, carts and other horse drawn vehicles used before the Motorized Carriage was invented. Roads were made for foot travel and horse drawn carriages used them prior to the invention of the "Motorized Carriage".

Colloquially, Motorized Carriages came to be called "Motor Cars", and then just "Cars".

All cars are vehicles. But not all vehicles are cars. See where this is going yet?

Now, the classification of "Car" has predated all other classifications except Motorized Carriage and Motor Car, and it should be noted, it's still used as an abbreviation of the term Motorized Carriage.

The word "Car" encompasses any and all wheeled vehicles that carry people or things.

Be it horse drawn, two wheeled, electric, gas, it doesn't matter, if it's used to haul your ass, it's a "car."

Now, because people are generally lazy and don't like to fact check, we've taken the word "Car" to mean Passenger Car, but, it's really like looking up into the sky and calling a jet a "plane". You're not wrong, but you are. A jet is a type of aeroplane.

Just as a truck is a type of car, a passenger car is a type of car, a van is a type of car, an SUV is a type of car. Even a motorcycle is technically a type of car, along with a bike.

The only thing you have to do is understand the word "car" a colloquial abbreviation of the word "carriage".

So, I repeat:

All trucks are cars, but not all cars are trucks.
I think I took a wrong turn somewhere. I was looking for the Bronco site.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I took a wrong turn somewhere. I was looking for the Bronco site.
You're in the right place. ?

I just expect people to be smarter than they actually are, in general. Call it a personality flaw, or w/e. I'm from the George Carlin school of thought.

I just hate disinformation and people tryin' to bully others for having some intellect.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went into my dealer yesterday to finalize my BnP so he could have my order ready when ever Ford decides to take it. I have been on the fence about the squash package, but I ended up adding it while I was there (no pressure from the dealer at all). Then I got home and had a revelation. I do not know what these 35" tires and rims weigh, but I suspect it's pretty close to 100 lbs. I'm an old fart and would probably have a hard time changing a tire on level ground, let alone is some award position on a trail somewhere. I guess my question is, would it be a problem to go down to some smaller tire (say 33's) later on given the fact that everything is set up for 35's? Maybe a speedo calibration? Thanks everyone!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Went into my dealer yesterday to finalize my BnP so he could have my order ready when ever Ford decides to take it. I have been on the fence about the squash package, but I ended up adding it while I was there (no pressure from the dealer at all). Then I got home and had a revelation. I do not know what these 35" tires and rims weigh, but I suspect it's pretty close to 100 lbs. I'm an old fart and would probably have a hard time changing a tire on level ground, let alone is some award position on a trail somewhere. I guess my question is, would it be a problem to go down to some smaller tire (say 33's) later on given the fact that everything is set up for 35's? Maybe a speedo calibration? Thanks everyone!
I'm an old guy too, and one of the reasons I'm getting 33's is that I don't ever want to change 35" tires. Heck I had a leak in a 32" tire last week on my truck and didn't want to change it.

Not an expert on tires, but I've read several people on this board who are considering getting Sasquatch and changing to 33's later. I've thought about BB or BD Sasquatch instead of BL non- Sasquatch. And I'm sure I'd eventually end up with 33's even if I did start with Sasquatch.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay, I'm just gonna get pedantic for a bit. Since you accused me of getting "technical".

The order of classification is:

Vehicle
--- Carriage
--- Aeroplane
--- Rail
--- Aquatic
--- Organic

We're only interested in the first one for this conversation. And we only really care how it is classified in the U.S.

Now, a metric butt tonne of English Intellectuals will want to tell you that the word "Car" comes from the Latin carrus/carrum which means "Wheeled Vehicle". But we don't really need to go that far back, do we?

Carriages are the buggies, carts and other horse drawn vehicles used before the Motorized Carriage was invented. Roads were made for foot travel and horse drawn carriages used them prior to the invention of the "Motorized Carriage".

Colloquially, Motorized Carriages came to be called "Motor Cars", and then just "Cars".

All cars are vehicles. But not all vehicles are cars. See where this is going yet?

Now, the classification of "Car" has predated all other classifications except Motorized Carriage and Motor Car, and it should be noted, it's still used as an abbreviation of the term Motorized Carriage.

The word "Car" encompasses any and all wheeled vehicles that carry people or things.

Be it horse drawn, two wheeled, electric, gas, it doesn't matter, if it's used to haul your ass, it's a "car."

Now, because people are generally lazy and don't like to fact check, we've taken the word "Car" to mean Passenger Car, but, it's really like looking up into the sky and calling a jet a "plane". You're not wrong, but you are. A jet is a type of aeroplane.

Just as a truck is a type of car, a passenger car is a type of car, a van is a type of car, an SUV is a type of car. Even a motorcycle is technically a type of car, along with a bike.

The only thing you have to do is understand the word "car" a colloquial abbreviation of the word "carriage".

So, I repeat:

All trucks are cars, but not all cars are trucks.
Great post. My mom was an English teacher so I appreciate.

Just to help your point, we have train "cars" pass through here daily...