First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the ones that promoted and used social media/forums to share their deals...yes. The vast majority of dealers did not do this.

To be honest, most buyers of a newly ordered car are not going to fly to Iowa to save a grand or two.

I think the significance is overstated on this forum.
Between the lower pricing and tax savings, I am able to save over $4000 on a Base Bronco at Granger. Definitely worth 3 days of my life to fly there and drive back to Arizona. Local dealer didn’t know crap about the Bronco.
Sponsored

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think 25k over MSRP is reasonable, rayskillman ford martinsville in.
LOL…. Yeah, there’s a few of those out there. Several popping up on eBay, many of them from dealers, asking huge markups. There may be a few Idiots early on that will pay it just to have the Bronco before someone else. Reasonable? No. I don’t think anything over MSRP is reasonable. I’ve never paid more than MSRP on a vehicle, rarely have pay full MSRP. Not going to start now. And I buy LOTS of vehicles between business and personal use…

rubi14

Base
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have bought 4 cars from my local Ford Dealer. They are $50 over invoice on everything, but Shelbys, Raptors, and Mach 1's. Ordered my Bronco from them. Tried to trade my 2020 Mustang to them for an F150 Lariat a few weeks ago as I figured my Bronco would not be a Summer unit. They had one Lariat, at about $1000 off sticker. I asked what happened to the $50 over. They were still $50 over, but added $4000 worth of Dealer accessories. Needless to say bought the Lariat at another Dealer. I am smelling smoke and mirrors on my Bronco order. If I don't buy it, someone else will...I was number 4 of 26 orders, no updates, no idea what is going on. Not sure if I will see the $50 over, then I imagine there will be games when it comes to trade in. In Kansas, you only get sales tax credit if you trade. That's about $5000 in tax savings. Should have gone to Granger I am feeling...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i see lots of complaints about "my dealer won't budge off of MSRP". well, when you special order, why should they. you know the price and you chose the accessories, you are getting the EXACT car you are looking for. so why should the dealer come off of MSRP? is the dealer had a vehicle which was sitting on their lot for six months, then they are looking to deal. it may be more expensive than you wanted to pay so as an incentive, they lower the price. every day a car sits on the dealer lot, it costs them money. if they order it for you, why should they discount it? when ordering a la carte, you are getting what you want without compromise.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have bought 4 cars from my local Ford Dealer. They are $50 over invoice on everything, but Shelbys, Raptors, and Mach 1's. Ordered my Bronco from them. Tried to trade my 2020 Mustang to them for an F150 Lariat a few weeks ago as I figured my Bronco would not be a Summer unit. They had one Lariat, at about $1000 off sticker. I asked what happened to the $50 over. They were still $50 over, but added $4000 worth of Dealer accessories. Needless to say bought the Lariat at another Dealer. I am smelling smoke and mirrors on my Bronco order. If I don't buy it, someone else will...I was number 4 of 26 orders, no updates, no idea what is going on. Not sure if I will see the $50 over, then I imagine there will be games when it comes to trade in. In Kansas, you only get sales tax credit if you trade. That's about $5000 in tax savings. Should have gone to Granger I am feeling...
there is a car shortage. when i went to my dealer to order my bronco they had 5 new cars in stock. there is a semiconductor shortage, and a lack of new stock. that is why used cars are selling for more than the retail price they were purchased for...

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you are getting the EXACT car you are looking for. so why should the dealer come off of MSRP?
Well....the normal answer is because one of their competitors will, every time....there are 3,000 Ford dealers in the US and they all can order vehicles.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Between the lower pricing and tax savings, I am able to save over $4000 on a Base Bronco at Granger. Definitely worth 3 days of my life to fly there and drive back to Arizona. Local dealer didn’t know crap about the Bronco.
good for you...I chose a dealer 4 min from my house and I don't have to go to Iowa.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He's partially right. if that price agreement was verbal, you're screwed. (in some states)
Verbal commitments are legal and binding

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good for you...I chose a dealer 4 min from my house and I don't have to go to Iowa.
I dont even have to go to the dealership and I’ll just pay $450-500 for shipping out of the $4k+ in savings getting the below invoice deal. I’ll pay $450 all day long if it means I don't have to step foot in a auto dealership.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i see lots of complaints about "my dealer won't budge off of MSRP". well, when you special order, why should they. you know the price and you chose the accessories, you are getting the EXACT car you are looking for. so why should the dealer come off of MSRP? is the dealer had a vehicle which was sitting on their lot for six months, then they are looking to deal. it may be more expensive than you wanted to pay so as an incentive, they lower the price. every day a car sits on the dealer lot, it costs them money. if they order it for you, why should they discount it? when ordering a la carte, you are getting what you want without compromise.
Because they won't otherwise get that sale or that car on their lot. This is a somewhat unique situation because the Broncos aren't expected/intended to hit lots until reservations are fulfilled, so, theoretically, the only way that a dealer could sell the Bronco is to negotiate with you for a special order. I don't care if there's a chip shortage or high demand or a low number of F-150s on your lot, dealers ain't selling Broncos unless we order them, and I would think, given the low stock overall at the moment, that the security of a guaranteed sale would be sufficient leverage on our side to get a decent deal.

This was actually one of the things I liked about the reservation system: it caused dealers to compete for reservations in order to (i) get sales and (ii) improve their allocations. We would not have seen deals like Granger, Stephens, etc. if this had gone straight to dealers like a typical launch (which is why so many dealers hated it). Consumers actually had some leverage this time around.

Sponsored

BJWAHOO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hmm, I've witnessed people pay significantly different prices for vehicles. It doesn't really equal out in the end. Mostly due to material desire for the item, maybe lack of research or negotiating skills, etc.

Yeah some sales guys try for extras. Sales guy tried to slip $400 "window etching" charge at the end of my negotiation for a car. I said no thanks - and he dropped it. Maybe some other sort of buyer takes that hit? Anyway, my relationship with money - 2k matters.
I had the window etching appear on my final statement as well (not this purchase or dealer). When we objected, the dealer said, "it's already been done." Told them we would not pay for it. We went round & round and they finally relented and said "well, we're not going to send the number to the 'registry'". Like I care if my window etching number is "registered" somewhere?? Criminals always check for etchings......

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Verbal commitments are legal and binding
I assume you mean verbal "contracts". "Commitments" without the legal elements of a contract are not binding...and verbal contracts for items over $500 typically are not as well....a writing is typically required. The UCC says any sale of goods of five hundred dollars or more must be in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If the contract is challenged, the courts will not be permitted to enforce it unless it is in writing.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you mean verbal "contracts". "Commitments" without the legal elements of a contract are not binding...and verbal contracts for items over $500 typically are not as well....a writing is typically required. The UCC says any sale of goods of five hundred dollars or more must be in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If the contract is challenged, the courts will not be permitted to enforce it unless it is in writing.
Correct
Sponsored