John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Everybody!
I spoke to my dealer this morning about ordering. He said we are on track for orders to start soon. He then told me that he is getting a "loaner" to his lot (discussed in another thread).
He was told by his Ford Rep that Ford will produce about 4500 of these vehicles and they plan to have them to the dealers BEFORE the ordering deadline. Dealers will be required to keep those vehicles in their fleet for 4 months. At that point, they can do whatever they want to with them. He told me that today is the deadline for the dealerships to request one of these. right now, in his territory, 10 dealers have not confirmed that they want one. This makes no sense to either one of us.
Several different packages and options available (also discussed in the other thread). He told me that the packages (Base, BL, BD,...) will be on a precentage basis, so every dealer may not be able to get exactly what they want for this program.
If you are planning to order as soon as the ordering opens, this will not help you.
If you would like to wait until the last minute (won't matter because they won't start building until after the cutoff date)or have a late reservation/special items and you will be a late MT21 or MY22, I would definitely wait until a dealer has one in their loaner program and check it out.
Getting very excited!!
Looking forward to my BD! Still no idea what color!!! DANG IT!!!
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It'll be interesting to see if any of these 'showcase' units are wearing the Painted Black MOD tops.

I know they're listed 'late-avail' but how late can that possibly mean when 'early-avail' doesn't even land until July-ish?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heading to a local dealer now to discuss possible loners and vehicles to see/touch/drive prior to placing an order .. New Smyrna beach Mullinax Ford let's see what they have to say on this lovely Friday

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's like the telephone game.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
He then told me that he is getting a "loaner" to his lot (discussed in another thread).
He was told by his Ford Rep that Ford will produce about 4500 of these vehicles and they plan to have them to the dealers BEFORE the ordering deadline.
This makes no sense as Job 1 has not occurred and they are currently making pre-production units. I don’t think Ford has ever sold preproduction units to end consumers. Likewise, they don’t allow the general public to test drive preproduction units.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This makes no sense as Job 1 has not occurred and they are currently making pre-production units. I don’t think Ford has ever sold preproduction units to end consumers. Likewise, they don’t allow the general public to test drive preproduction units.
I agree with you. Even the units that dealerships get should be production units. Job 1 should run the 4500 units out for dealers, get the kinks out and then start producing ours. Job 1 doesn't start until spring. I think this is garbage info (not OP fault).

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Pumping out production spec units for dealers to loan to some random person getting an oil change done on their ecosport is stupid as hell and would be incredibly irritating.

And only required to keep 4 months? If dealers are selling these before day 1 res holders have theirs I will be PISSED. Giant slap in the face to all of us, then again par for the course for Ford these days.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not passing the sniff test...but one can hope I suppose.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So these 4500 are more than likely the “true” first editions if they run them as the first production vehicles

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
UNBROKN

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this negativity... I am just going by what I was told. My dealer is also a good friend. Unless his Rep is feeding him a bunch of crap, I will take his word to be true.
If the loaners get to the dealer by the first part of March, then 4 months later is July. right when the first ones are being delivered... I hope. I am not saying that they will "for sure" be able to sell them, but that is the rule for other vehicles in the loaner program. We shall see how it plays out. I will keep you posted. Rep also told him that the dealers have them to see if there are any issues that have to be worked out. They will have to let Ford know of ANY problems with production.
As I said, this is what my dealer has been told.

earmentrout

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 Raptor,2014 Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heading to a local dealer now to discuss possible loners and vehicles to see/touch/drive prior to placing an order .. New Smyrna beach Mullinax Ford let's see what they have to say on this lovely Friday
That's my dealer also. Did you learn anything from your visit?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's my dealer also. Did you learn anything from your visit?
Not a thing! Other than what I already know regarding Xplan is accepted regardless of Fords statement ... a few Bronco Sports on the lot ... no CG or A51 to debate over

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do realize that your homework is to have them confirm our debt the OPs dealer right?
Sponsored