First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Sounds like someone ratted you out or you told the wrong person you were only buying to sell for a profit but it’s your money and if you sighned the dotted line and they took your money you have every damn wright to take that bronco I’m not sure what to do can someone chime in maybe the local authorities if you paid and they won’t let you take delivery that’s stealing in my opinion

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would start by actually going to the dealership, asking to speak to the GM and drive out of there with your Bronco. It is of no concern of theirs what you do with your Bronco after you take delivery.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to the dealership and buy your vehicle. It is no concern of theirs what you do with it. And be very clear that you will not discuss what you do with your vehicle once it is your property.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait...you're upset that the dealer won't sell you a Bronco that currently belongs to them, because you want to turn around and sell it yourself to make money? :ROFLMAO:
yes, that's my prerogative to do so. And I have a right to my bronco that I ordered and I put a deposit on.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the dealer thinks you are selling it to an exporter, they may have good reason to not sell it to you. I'm not certain, but there are dealer agreements between the dealer and certain OEMs that they will not sell to exporters. If they do knowingly sell it to an exporter, there can be extreme fines imposed by the OEM. I don't know that Ford does this specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, it's not a straw purchase buy on a firearm. Show up, speak to the manager and complete your transaction. Mention you'll be pinging Levine.

Sponsored

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, that's my prerogative to do so. And I have a right to my bronco that I ordered and I put a deposit on.
You think it's your prerogative to 1) Sell something you don't own and 2) Force someone to sell you something that they own?

This seems like a well thought out plan, wishing you all the best! :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wait...you're upset that the dealer won't sell you a Bronco that currently belongs to them, because you want to turn around and sell it yourself to make money? :ROFLMAO:
nothing wrong with that people buy and sell things everyday its called mutual exchange

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the dealer thinks you are selling it to an exporter, they may have good reason to not sell it to you. I'm not certain, but there are dealer agreements between the dealer and certain OEMs that they will not sell to exporters. If they do knowingly sell it to an exporter, there can be extreme fines imposed by the OEM. I don't know that Ford does this specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I have spoke with them about that matter. They do get disciplined by Ford if it is exported. My issue is that anyone can do that with any vehicle. The only reason they're giving me a hard time is because it's a Bronco.

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
You think it's your prerogative to 1) Sell something you don't own and 2) Force someone to sell you something that they own?

This seems like a well thought out plan, wishing you all the best! :ROFLMAO:
You think it’s cute to come on here and spew dealer bull 💩?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go.
Looks to me like it's not really your Bronco. Also appears to me that you sold something that you now can't provide.

Sucks to be you. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.