Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

well lucky for me, the buyer found another one closer to him. And it is my bronco. I ordered it, I put a reservation on it, and I have completed everything on my end of the deal.

...except pay for it and title it in your name.
Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is no different than venues or music acts who seek to avoid selling to ticket scalpers.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

well lucky for me, the buyer found another one closer to him. And it is my bronco. I ordered it, I put a reservation on it, and I have completed everything on my end of the deal.
Yay for you... now you can keep the Bronco you ordered rather than sell it to some low life that wouldn't treat it right.

Congrats! ;)

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have spoke with them about that matter. They do get disciplined by Ford if it is exported. My issue is that anyone can do that with any vehicle. The only reason they're giving me a hard time is because it's a Bronco.
In demand vehicles always get additional scrutiny. Bronco or not.

If they suspect it could be exported they have to investigate. Cash only payments. Delivery to different location from buyer. etc. all throw up flags. Generally they would hold onto the MSO until it was cleared to be sold.

That is probably what happened here.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a weird situation.

To start off you have the right to do as you please with the Bronco you buy IMO. But, why sell it before having it in hand? Why discuss it with the dealer... Its not their concern and I would have simply said nothing. Grabbed my Bronco and then listed it.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
You probably shouldn’t have gotten into this business if you were going to need to rush to an Internet message board if something went wrong. I’d suggest indexed mutual funds from here on out as a better investment.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't been on eBay in a looooong time - does that break their terms of service?
Not sure honestly? Also I’m not sure how you can sell something and require a non-refundable deposit you don’t have possession of.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many questions. why would you be talking with another dealership? Why did they "advise" you to sell it on Ebay? (quality concerns?) Why would you react upon that advice and post it before you physically had it in your possession? And last but certainly not least, why are you asking the advise of guys and gals that are so anxious to get their Bronco to actually drive and enjoy it , about how to profiteer from getting one you reserved with no intention to own?
I drove by a dealership that had a demo on their lot, he said the smart thing to do is sell it now and next year go buy one with the proceeds. The vehicle was supposed to be delivered to me that friday and i postponed it until monday which the dealer seemed to like because it was on their showroom all weekend. And i had no intentions of flipping it when i bought it. Its killing me that i can't drive (and deservedly so) but when you have a chance to make money when you want a garage or just be able to take your family on a vacation, it's nothing more than a business deal.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they suspect it could be exported they have to investigate. Cash only payments. Delivery to different location from buyer. etc. all throw up flags.
I can confirm. I was trying to buy a Tacoma TRD Pro out-of-province with cash. The dealers were all quite wary of what was going on.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have spoke with them about that matter. They do get disciplined by Ford if it is exported. My issue is that anyone can do that with any vehicle. The only reason they're giving me a hard time is because it's a Bronco.
I don't think you understand the gravity of the discipline... This isn't likely a light slap on the wrist. Also, you do not own this Bronco. The dealer does until you sign the paperwork. And that paperwork has nothing to do with either your reservation nor your deposit. Neither one guaranteed you delivery of the car unless explicitly stated. The reservation most certainly did not guarantee that, and I highly doubt the deposit did, either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a weird situation.

To start off you have the right to do as you please with the Bronco you buy IMO. But, why sell it before having it in hand? Why discuss it with the dealer... Its not their concern and I would have simply said nothing. Grabbed my Bronco and then listed it.
well the reason i reserved it at that dealership, was that a very good friend of mine works there. so i mentioned it to him, and boom. guess honesty isn't always the best policy.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
having a hard time feeling sorry for the OP- shame that people are waiting and flippers come in to be a second middle man- dealing with dealers is bad enough

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well the reason i reserved it at that dealership, was that a very good friend of mine works there. so i mentioned it to him, and boom. guess honesty isn't always the best policy.
Eh. I'd speak to him. He may have meant nothing by it and was simply talking amongst peers and someone elevated it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.