First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then she definitely is a 4 door if that is indeed your vin. Your dealer screwed up somewhere, and it can't be changed once a vin has been pulled for it.
Sponsored

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . The Bronco in my garage I never received a single communication from Ford. The other order I also never received a single communication from Ford
yeah . . lol

the Bronco in my garage since late May, at my Ford.com account it still says " Ordering with Dealer "

OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then she definitely is a 4 door if that is indeed your vin. Your dealer screwed up somewhere, and it can't be changed once a vin has been pulled for it.
This whole thing makes me feel like it's a scam. They change it to a less constrained model so it gets built sooner, then claim a screwup. I ultimately dont want the truck, because I dont want to pay more for a 4dr, and I wanted Lux. So I decide to not take the order, and they can sell it for markup.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude, how did the dealer send your order to Ford without you receiving a confirmation email from Ford?

I received this confirmation from Ford once my order was accepted back in March.

Screenshot_20220813-110832.jpg
I have two orders for which I never received a confirmation email. Not a single email for anytime in the process. One was built and delivered and in my possession. The other is scheduled for build with no confirmation or scheduling email. The only one I got any emails for was a third order which I had a reservation for before the order.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have two orders for which I never received a confirmation email. Not a single email for anytime in the process. One was built and delivered and in my possession. The other is scheduled for build with no confirmation or scheduling email. The only one I got any emails for was a third order which I had a reservation for before the order.
Well, seems like reservation orders are the only ones that get updates from Ford and walk-up orders, are left to fend for themselves with the rapacious dealers! 😞

Sponsored

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This whole thing makes me feel like it's a scam. They change it to a less constrained model so it gets built sooner, then claim a screwup. I ultimately dont want the truck, because I dont want to pay more for a 4dr, and I wanted Lux. So I decide to not take the order, and they can sell it for markup.
If they did indeed screw up, why are you letting them win so easily?
Take the Bronco, see if you like it and if not, sell it to make a profit or at least break even.
You just rolling over is exactly why dealers do this.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The order tracker is pretty notoriously bad.

Mine says Shadow Black and no options, but my actual window sticker shows Hot Pepper Red and Aux switches.

2-Door vs 4-door would be a pretty huge mistake on the dealer's part though. And E5B = part time 4x4 FOUR-Door.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I ordered a 2DR Outer Banks, Lux back in November (Ford accepted the order on 12/01/2021). The confirmation from Ford and the Dealer order sheet show 2DR Outer Banks with Lux. I reached out to my dealership yesterday to see if they had any updates, and they said I had a VIN and was scheduled for production on August 31stish, with delivery mid September. Today I look up the VIN and my order number on the ford tracker, and it still shows in processing but the order is wrong. It's a 4DR Outer Banks, High package. Do I have any recourse here, or did the dealership adjust my order so they can sell it since I probably wont want it?
Whatever you are getting it's too late in the process to do anything about it. Assume it's good and start looking for a window sticker to become available the week before your build date (actually a blend date).

OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay. So an update. I had to travel for work and was out of service for a bit.

I spoke to the New Car inventory manager at my dealer. It sounds like somehow they have two orders with the same order code - not sure how that happens, but I don't work at Ford dealerships, and I really have no idea how that works.

I called Ford and was able to speak to someone. When they looked up my order, they verified my order was still in processing and was the correct 2DR model and correct packages.

So at this time, I don't think the dealer is scamming me - though it still seems a bit weird.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It sounds like somehow they have two orders with the same order code - not sure how that happens, but I don't work at Ford dealerships, and I really have no idea how that works.
It's super common, because the "order code" is only 4 digits.
Sponsored